Why no polls?

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, jupe1407 said:

Dave is literally desperate for someone to engage with his pish. Holy f**k, this is his actual existence emoji23.pngemoji23.png

He's not alone.  There are seven or eight who pollute this forum by trolling.  They seriously don't want a discussion and to air different views, they just want to troll.  The forum would be significantly better if they were ignored.

There are also a couple of racists who will go over the line soon and justify a ban, just like the one banned recently.  One has recently stated that he wants an apartheid society, just not sure if that is sufficient.

He's not alone.  There are seven or eight who pollute this forum by trolling.  They seriously don't want a discussion and to air different views, they just want to troll.  The forum would be significantly better if they were ignored.
There are also a couple of racists who will go over the line soon and justify a ban, just like the one banned recently.  One has recently stated that he wants an apartheid society, just not sure if that is sufficient.

Deplorable is an alias of one of Swampy's previously banned efforts imo.

I think the trolling thing is a bit eye of the beholder as I've said.Many times over the past 2 or 3 years I've tried to make a point and received a lot of slavers in reply.I can think of plenty on here who can't claim any " intelectual high ground" anytime soon.Jupe seems a bit lacking in self awareness for starters.Hope we are not just tolerating pro YES roasters while deriding pro NO roasters.

36 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I rarely look at the politics forum anymore because of a small group of posters who spam it with poor trolling. It just makes me wonder how sad these people have to be to post so much irrelevant drivel. 

55 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I presume all of the trolling posters are No voters?

14 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

I presume all of the trolling posters are No voters?

Not all of them, but most of them.  That said many NO voters on here are not trolls.

31 minutes ago, Falcor Roar said:

I rarely look at the politics forum anymore because of a small group of posters who spam it with poor trolling. It just makes me wonder how sad these people have to be to post so much irrelevant drivel. 

One of the sad things is how few people post on this forum.  Quite a number of previous, regular posters seem to have disappeared yet many still post on other parts of P&B.  Your post gives a reasonable explanation of this.

It's the ones who have taken on the 4chan/altright lingo on everything who I wish would f**k off. They treat Trump like One Direction fans protecting Greg Wallace. If anyone criticises him they're "virtue signalling". If anyone points out their clearly racist ideology they're "snowflakes". And their pleas of how white men are so persecuted could melt a fucking iceberg.

There's a type of poster that you could probably describe as a troll that have been at it since politics has been discussed on P&B. In all honesty, both sides are about as bad as each other for it. Basically folk who post ridiculously extreme opinions constantly and are more concerned with bickering about absolute shite with particular posters they have a stauner for than debating anything in a remotely interesting way. There's still enough arguing about actual politics going on with these folk for a readable forum to exist around them.

The newer folk Granny talks about, and let's face it they're pretty much all Unionists, genuinely offer absolutely nothing. They don't even really get any bites, which is pretty tragic when all you're doing is trying to get attention. People clearly can't even be arsed, which is reflected in the quietness of the forum these days.

There's a type of poster that you could probably describe as a troll that have been at it since politics has been discussed on P&B. In all honesty, both sides are about as bad as each other for it. Basically folk who post ridiculously extreme opinions constantly and are more concerned with bickering about absolute shite with particular posters they have a stauner for than debating anything in a remotely interesting way. There's still enough arguing about actual politics going on with these folk for a readable forum to exist around them.
The newer folk Granny talks about, and let's face it they're pretty much all Unionists, genuinely offer absolutely nothing. They don't even really get any bites, which is pretty tragic when all you're doing is trying to get attention. People clearly can't even be arsed, which is reflected in the quietness of the forum these days.

This.

Heehawww and mcspreader in particular

2 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Tbf, this forum goes round in circles because people's views are so entrenched and too many, jupe1407 , Cream Cheese and JLD, for example are too quick to disparage and abuse.

There is no sign that anyone is particularly open to changing their views or  to attempt to understand the other side's views.

Brexit is a classic example of where millions voted against the accepted normal expectations for a myriad of different reasons and instead of attempting to work out why or understand the motivation, politicians, the media, business leaders and a handful of posters on here have just thrown out abuse and  demonised those they disagree with. It's so funny watching them practice the exact same prejudice and ignorance they are so wont to accuse their political opponents of. It's a particularly divisive , nasty, petty and ultimately counterproductive mindset and yet they conversely imagine they possess the moral high ground. 

Occasionally there is an intersting thread that I read and choose not to comment on because I find myself learning something new and because it will be a subject I don't have strong views either way.

My trouble is I fight fire with fire and if someone's stoops to mindless abuse they will usually get it fired right back.......silly, yes, but then I'm not too precious about my on screen persona. It isn't real life and Im not on here to curry favour or earn brownie points. I actually like expressing certain viewpoints to the extreme and gauging the response . it's a good way to flush out your opponents' underlying prejudices......know your enemy!

10 hours ago, Pearbuyerbell said:

The Panelbase poll

Should Scotland be an independent country?

Yes 46%
No 54%

Want a second independence referendum within two or three years?

Yes 50%
No 50%

Want a second Independence referendum within two years? 

Yes 27%

No 51%

That's one of the main reasons why there isn't going to be one.

3 hours ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

Got to agree about the trolling & petty squabbles, I used to read the politics forum a lot & occasionally contribute, now, not so much.
A healthy debate is just what it says - healthy....
This place looks more Bralt everyday, and that's not a good thing.

How about a 'moratorium' on swearing, abuse, name calling and disparaging other's opinions on here.. The dehumanising and demonising of those with Union sympathies by Nationalists is the main cause of distress on this forum. It rarely happens the other way around except as retaliation.

If you want to improve something then you have to face the truth of the problem. Too many pro-Independence supporters on here resort to name-calling and abuse as a first line of defence/ as though it is a reasonable position to take..... It's quite sad to witness tbh!

1 minute ago, McSpreader said:

How about a 'moratorium' on swearing, abuse, name calling and disparaging other's opinions on here.. The dehumanising and demonising of those with Union sympathies by Nationalists is the main cause of distress on this forum. It rarely happens the other way around except as retaliation.

If you want to improve something then you have to face the truth of the problem. Too many pro-Independence supporters on here resort to name-calling and abuse as a first line of defence/ as though it is a reasonable position to take..... It's quite sad to witness tbh!

Does Heehaw only retaliate?

Archived