Blair Yule - Cove

azza

Blair played in the Doncaster Newcastle match as a trialist by all accounts last night. What can we expect from him Cove fans. Seems a move is close to being on the cards, cheers

He was outstanding on the few occasions I saw him. Obviously it's a massive step up but Coutts made a similar step and established himself as a good player and I wouldn't be shocked to see Yule do the same.

Not Bizarre at all, this is another reason why we are so bad as a Nation, not saying he is good enough to play top level but the point I am trying to make is that we are quite an insular country in the sense these things sometimes tend to be about who you know etc and if your face fits and all that jazz, only when things like this happen do people stand up and take notice of whats on our own doorstep!

3 hours ago, troopio said:

Not Bizarre at all, this is another reason why we are so bad as a Nation, not saying he is good enough to play top level but the point I am trying to make is that we are quite an insular country in the sense these things sometimes tend to be about who you know etc and if your face fits and all that jazz, only when things like this happen do people stand up and take notice of whats on our own doorstep!

I agree there are decent players that are seemingly being passed over, but the player himself can influence that by preferring to stay playing local.

Someone's set this trial up surely - can't imagine Doncaster are scouting the Highland League?

I would agree, to contradict myself someone who knows someone etc will have tipped off the right people and then its moved on from there, think this is my point and what others have touched upon is why, and Aberdeen are the worst for it, there is a reluctance to look closer to home for some hidden gems as they are out there. Granted he was poor last season but the lad Murray at Dundee United will come onto a good game this season, The Arabs have never been afraid of taking a punt, just wish Aberdeen did it once in a while.

The young lad Robertsons doing well down here with Hull who are about to be back in the premier league. He started at Queens park didnt he? Dundee Utd have brought on a few good young players id think with the new incentives of producing young home grown players more chances would be taken by the biggest sides especially in these group games of the cup to blood them in.

Fergie mentioned at Rovers that he has got a scout watching a few players up here at different levels and were linked with that Vaulkes lad from Falkirk too.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree there are decent players that are seemingly being passed over, but the player himself can influence that by preferring to stay playing local.

Someone's set this trial up surely - can't imagine Doncaster are scouting the Highland League?

Was told on good authority that Lincoln City and Barnet were looking at Paul Brundle at Brora

On 22/07/2016 at 09:07, azza said:

The young lad Robertsons doing well down here with Hull who are about to be back in the premier league. He started at Queens park didnt he? Dundee Utd have brought on a few good young players id think with the new incentives of producing young home grown players more chances would be taken by the biggest sides especially in these group games of the cup to blood them in.

Fergie mentioned at Rovers that he has got a scout watching a few players up here at different levels and were linked with that Vaulkes lad from Falkirk too.

Pretty sure Robertson got canned by a top flight side (perhaps at point he'd have had to sign pro?) before joining QP. Can't remember exaclty who, but I think it was Celtic.

• 2 weeks later...

Sure it's the same connection that brought Coutts south.

Archived