New England Manager

The_Craig

Big Al has weighed in saying that England are at "rock bottom" and that they're the "laughing stock of world football".

Someone get the guy on suicide watch, heid's well and truly gone.  They aren't even at their lowest ebb in the past 6 months.  And I'm not sure anyone cares enough to label them a laughing stock.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why Alan Shearer is even being quoted is anyone's guess. Its only his profile as a know-it-all pundit, a la Hansen/Lawrenson that allows him to tout himself.

Best thing all round to give him the gig then

Shearer is pretty decent as a pundit, I reckon. He's horrible as a coach though.

Shearer is pretty decent as a pundit, I reckon. He's horrible as a coach though.

Yeah I don't mind him on MOTD at all. His almost constant seethe towards Newcastle almost weekly last season was magnificent, but not a patch on the way he tore into England after the Iceland game.

Shearer's punditry has improved a great deal over the last 18 months, but that's only raised it to mediocre levels as it was utterly fucking abysmal before.

The "Alan Shearer's Eyes" parody (just stating the blatantly obvious over and over again) was actually the most accurate thing on Twitter for a while. Would fucking love Shearer to get the England job.

7 hours ago, forameus said:

I could see it happening by them using someone like Shearer in a sort of joint management basis.  Put someone in that actually knows what they're doing with a view to showing him the ropes and stepping aside in future.

Of course that plan depends on a few things, most notably Shearer not being shit.  Which he is.

An Ally McCoist-type setup.  Oh, yes please :)

Southgate is the FA's choice but they can't afford another expensive mistake. If he does well over the next 4 games, he'll be given a contract until the end of the World Cup. If he does badly, the FA will have to cough up for a big name with a proven track record at the end of the season.

On 28/09/2016 at 17:39, Savage Henry said:

Well we'll have to agree to disagree on that one, he's gobby yet charisma free to say the least.

Like you say a wretched record as a coach, and surely of all jobs England head coach is no place to learn the ropes.

Problem for England now is any future appointment will have to be squeaky clean, on top of everything else and that may be how he gets the nod. At which point I may even actually start to feel sorry for England fans.

Otherwise I'd say Harry Redknapp is their best bet, no chance of that now though

12 hours ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Klinsmann is very bad in charge of the US and a German would never be allowed to manage England.

I don't think either of those are true,  

Although, I daresay, it's probably fair to say an Englishman would never be allowed to manage Scotland.

• 1 month later...

Archived