Stranger Things

Boostin' Kev

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just finished watching this and really enjoyed it. All the kids impressed but considering the lack of dialogue I was really impressed with the actress playing Eleven. Loved all the nods to 80s movies and as others have said, the soundtrack was excellent.

Finished this off last night. SCI-FI / alien movies are not really my cup of tea but have to say I really enjoyed this. Being set in the 80's probably helped for nostalgia reasons but the acting was really good throughout. All the kids were great but the wee lassie who played 11 was the standout. Also like others I thought the soundtrack was ace and the way the Stranger Things title came up on screen reminded me of the first Terminator film. I'm glad they're making a 2nd series as I definitely want to see more of this.

Nancy is a wid. Quite a skinny wid, but a wid nonetheless.

See I don't think she's that attractive, she is really skinny and has a weird face. Don't get me wrong I would, but she isn't anything special.

Echo the sentiments for wanting to be in high school in America in the 80s looked a lot more fun!

3 hours ago, Widge said:

See I don't think she's that attractive, she is really skinny and has a weird face. Don't get me wrong I would, but she isn't anything special.

She's got an Ariana Grande-esque face. A poor man's Ariana Grande. Agreed, she's scrawny, but there's plenty of potential. I'd place her in the same bracket as Haley from Modern Family, but Haley is definitely tidier overall.

Edited by The Real Saints

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Really enjoyed the first season and can't wait for the second. This will be the first Netflix show where I have to wait a week between episodes and I have mixed emotions about the fact I can't binge on it. My wife is 10 yrs younger than me so she didn't get the same 80's nostalgia hit that I did but she enjoyed it nonetheless.  Jim Hopper is total legend. Anyone seen the 80's homage promo posters for the second season? I loved them and had fun trying to remember which was which... go on have a go....

3.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Edited by The Equalizer