Stranger Things

Boostin' Kev

Yep watched series 3 in 2 days over the weekend, it was fucking brilliant but the whole story is starting to drag on a bit now.

They gave Joyce and Hopper some decent screen time which was good.

The mall looked incredible and they went all out for product placement, Lucas trying to front out new coke and everyone telling him it's shite.

Karen Wheeler is a prime bit of milf.

Loved dawn of the dead at the cinema and they used the music from it when Steve and Robyn were in the bunker.

I need more but I think it's just for the 80s.

The Dustin Suzie singalong to Never Ending Story is arguably the best 2 minutes of television, there’s ever been made.
I actually hated that part. Not so much the singing but the reaction of the others, especially the cringing from Steve and Robin in the boot of the car when narrowly escaping death when being chased by the demadog. It just felt inappropriate.

The Dustin Suzie singalong to Never Ending Story is arguably the best 2 minutes of television, there’s ever been made.
Its part of what makes it great. The fact that even in the face of existential threat they still do stupid kid shit. They argue about daft stuff, and the bit where Dustin codenamed the guy Bald Eagle then made him say it over the radio before he would give him any info was class.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Thought the last few episodes of that series were the best yet. Loved it. Hopper and Joyce with their chemistry, the once cream team, the outstanding duet (I'm very much in the 'it was class' camp) and the fact that Murray got to help save the day. Loved it. Put off watching it since summer for some reason then blitzed it in two days. Very much reaching the endgame I'd think though. Those boys will have beards if they go for a fifth.

• 5 weeks later...
On 17/08/2019 at 04:04, Bairnardo said:
On 07/08/2019 at 13:30, MONKMAN said:

Its part of what makes it great. The fact that even in the face of existential threat they still do stupid kid shit. They argue about daft stuff, and the bit where Dustin codenamed the guy Bald Eagle then made him say it over the radio before he would give him any info was class.

The Bald Eagle bit was fantastic.  Exactly the sort of thing I would see Eric Cartman doing :lol: 

• 1 year later...
Blitzed through the entire 3 series over the last few weeks. Not usually my thing this sort of programme but really enjoyed it. Hopefully the new series isn’t too far away.
Where in your TV top moments does Dustin singing come? Its high up for me. Buckled.

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
4 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:
Blitzed through the entire 3 series over the last few weeks. Not usually my thing this sort of programme but really enjoyed it. Hopefully the new series isn’t too far away.

Where in your TV top moments does Dustin singing come? Its high up for me. Buckled.

Might go down like a lead balloon but it was possibly my least favourite bit of the entire 3 series. Whilst I understand that they were going for ‘they are still kids who do stupid things’ scenario, it just riled me that at such a treacherous time they’d all just accept someone singing for fucking ages. Dustin also riled me in series 2 with dart. By not allowing his mates to kill it, he essentially caused the entire problem.

Might go down like a lead balloon but it was possibly my least favourite bit of the entire 3 series. Whilst I understand that they were going for ‘they are still kids who do stupid things’ scenario, it just riled me that at such a treacherous time they’d all just accept someone singing for fucking ages. Dustin also riled me in series 2 with dart. By not allowing his mates to kill it, he essentially caused the entire problem.
Agreed. The Dustin singing scene was the silliest parts of the series.

Aye but almost every tv show theres ever been has moments where "why didnt they just do this" would have killed the whole thing off.

The singing bit is obviously a bit of comic relief but I was buckled at it, and the other bit that got me was when Dustin refused to speak on the radio unless the bloke whos name I forget, as its been a while, acknowledged his bald eagle code name.

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye but almost every tv show theres ever been has moments where "why didnt they just do this" would have killed the whole thing off.

The singing bit is obviously a bit of comic relief but I was buckled at it, and the other bit that got me was when Dustin refused to speak on the radio unless the bloke whos name I forget, as its been a while, acknowledged his bald eagle code name.

I enjoyed the bald eagle bit as I found that funny at least. The singing bit was honking for me, and made worse by how painfully long it went on for.

27 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I enjoyed the bald eagle bit as I found that funny at least. The singing bit was honking for me, and made worse by how painfully long it went on for.

Im glad I remembered the bald eagle bit right... Coming on here has made me realise how much of it iv forgotten. I think by the time the next one comes they might be a bit too old for it to be as enjoyable as its been. 

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

That's Season 4 now on. Watched first episode and off to a good start getting reaquainted with all the charcters. The ending was seriously creepy, can't wait to watch the rest over the weekend. Think there's 7 episodes as the first part of Season 4 then second part in July.