Stranger Things

Boostin' Kev

Beyond Stranger Things(also on Netflix) is decent as well. It has interviews with the cast and some behind the scenes stuff that is pretty cool. (Obviously don't watch until you've finished the whole series, as even though there is 7 episodes, they discuss the full series right from the beginning)

Creepy Jonathan was still very creepy in that

14 hours ago, Mr. Brightside said:

Creepy Jonathan was still very creepy in that

His voice confused me in the interviews. Not sure how I expected him to sound, but it caught me off guard. It was good to hear a lot from the duffer brothers about their thinking behind certain scenes etc. It was also good that they didn't have too many cast members on at one time, so they all got the chance to discuss their characters

How will season 3 work out, with Charlie Heaton (Jonathon) effectively being banned from entering the US? Stupid fucker was caught with coke and deported, while entering LA for the season premier. Will he be written out, or just replaced?

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/09/2016 at 22:23, Mr. Brightside said:

Episodes 6, 7 and 8 were utterly superb. I thought the acting on the whole was great but Winona Ryder stole the show IMO.

I only started watching season 1 a couple of weeks ago (I'm always late to the party for popular shows - it took me 4 years before starting GoT), and watched episode 6 on Sunday night...before staying up till 1am to watch episodes 7 and 8. Hooked. 

I started season 2 last night and as difficult as it might be I want to take this more slowly, knowing that season 3 could be over a year away (2019 is rumoured, anything from "early" to "mid").

Although if my past viewing habits are anything to go by, I'll probably end up rewatching both seasons at some point next year anyway. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Top television that second season and even better then the first.

Bob was a total hero and despite the fact that his death was incredibly predictable, it still hit heard. Rest easy Samwise. Also, Steve and Dustin was the bromance I never knew I needed. Great fun watching those two together.

The finale was near perfection, especially from the ridiculously talented young cast. Highlights for me being Hopper and El's conversation in the jeep when he finally tells her about his daughter and the dance scene at the end. Good to see the Doc rehabilitate himself and become a sound c**t

And about episode 7, what happens in Chicago, stays in Chicago. Think that would be best for everyone

• 3 weeks later...

Giving Freaks and Geeks another watch for the first time in around 10 years because there's a new series out that's apparently similar to it although I can't remember the name.

Didn't realise how much it had influenced Stranger Things, some really obvious things even from the first episode. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...