Stranger Things

Boostin' Kev

Enjoyed it but I thought the 1st season was far better, the episode with '8' and her gang was poor, awful characters. That shadow monster is creepy as f**k though, the scene with it burrowing into Will's face is nightmare fuel . 
Nancy hurting my boy Steve is unacceptable.

Aye some parts of this season's elements weren't just nostalgia but lifted straight from an 80s storyboard. That pointedly missed handshake at the start of episode 9 was embarrassing.

Can't believe nobody has mentioned Bob yet! What a fantastic addition to the second season. Steve has also become one of the top guys. 

Only negatives about season 2 for me was episode 7 which was out of place and pretty meh. And the ginger lass - struggled to see the point of her and here brother being introduced other than to fulfil a jealousy role between the two boys.

Season 2 was on the whole brilliant though. Loads better than the first 

He’a been an absolute top lad and unlikely hero before, Mr Frodo.

Sam is without a doubt the main man in The Lord of the Rings. Frodo is a moaning little c**t, that had he got his way would have fucked everyone over.

Samwise Gamgee >>>>> Frodo Baggins

Anyway, back on topic. Another outstanding season of television from Stranger Things. I thought Sean Astin was an excellent addition to the show.

14 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Cheers! I think it was 24 I remember him from. Just had a look on his wiki page. He was young Mikey in the Goonies as well.

The joke about finding pirate treasure at the X is a Goonies reference.

Thought the second series was excellent too, aside from the aforementioned episode 7 which just utterly killed the pacing of the whole thing.

The final episode was perfect though, and the ending in particular really got me emotionally.

Spoiler

Because no girls wanted to dance with me in high school either? Possibly.

The Chicago thing was a bit shit but it at least explained how El was able to more control her powers.

That end scene with Dustin was pretty much me at every school disco ever, without someone as hot as Nancy to come and save me after each rejection.

Edited by Gaz

Didn’t really buy the hype with the first series, but the last two episodes of the new one are up there with the best television I’ve ever watched. Phenomenal stuff. The Chicago episode is up there with some of the worst, but helps tie some stuff in at the end.

Agree with the Bob love. Dustin is my favourite character though.

2 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

Didn’t really buy the hype with the first series, but the last two episodes of the new one are up there with the best television I’ve ever watched. Phenomenal stuff. The Chicago episode is up there with some of the worst, but helps tie some stuff in at the end.

Agree with the Bob love. Dustin is my favourite character though.

I found the first series a little too nostalgia heavy.   I kept hoping it would become something I hadn't seen before, but it turned out to be exactly what I'd seen before, just with a hundred different sources.   I might give season two a shot, as I've just finished Vietnam and I'm on the look out for another episodic show.

Just completed season 2 and found it just as enjoyable as 1. Echo the sentiments that the Chicago episode was a bit of a mood killer though. You get the feeling too that we haven't seen the last of 8. If she is to appear again, I just hope she ditches that awful gang and appears in Hawkins this time. I'd read somewhere that they have signed up for four seasons and want to put the next two out fairly soon before all the kids get too old.