I was also meant to mention that I got sleeping tablets last week and under possible side effects, it listed "feeling tired".

Maybe I'm just expecting too much, but I was kind of hoping that the sleeping tablets were custom designed just for that.

1 hour ago, Hedgecutter said:

Spent the last month or so worrying I had developed Type 2 diabetes (having had fragrant pish for a while), but just got an all clear from a blood test I got last week.

Admin lady:  "It says satisfactory, no change from before. Ok then, thanks now, bye".

Great.  So what the f*** now then?  Accept weird pish for all eternity? :unsure2:

You must have a good hospital, when at the Vic in Kirckaldy the receptionist opened the conversation by proclaiming "am no medical!" 

• 8 months later...
On 18/12/2019 at 15:57, 101 said:

You must have a good hospital, when at the Vic in Kirckaldy the receptionist opened the conversation by proclaiming "am no medical!" 

When my brother recently went to Dunf' Queen Margaret (it might have been the Vic) and needed a wheelchair to get in from the car within the hospital grounds, the girl at reception told my mum who had driven him down that he would have to phone 999 and sort out a wheelchair by himself.

She may as well have said "Ah'm no medical and dinnae organise wheelchairs, ah jist take names and that"

Edited by Hedgecutter

Ingrown toe nail, best fast home treatment to get the swelling down, got training in about an hour and it's at the point of painful to stand on due to the swelling, currently soaking in a hot bath with salts in it to see if that will help. Any other advice?

1 minute ago, Empty It said:

Ingrown toe nail, best fast home treatment to get the swelling down, got training in about an hour and it's at the point of painful to stand on due to the swelling, currently soaking in a hot bath with salts in it to see if that will help. Any other advice?

If you've bathed it, dig in with nail scissors.

• 2 weeks later...

ARGHHH!!!!  Why the f*** is the water in the toilet bowl dark purple?!  :o   

Why the f*** is there purple-maroon colouring emanating from my shite?!  :unsure:  

Am I going to die?!! :bairn

oh, wait...  I had home-grown beetroot for dinner on Monday night.   

03f094de51c4f0932f7bc740b2b181e0_w200.gi

8 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

ARGHHH!!!!  Why the f*** is the water in the toilet bowl dark purple?!  :o   

Why the f*** is there purple-maroon colouring emanating from my shite?!  :unsure:  

Am I going to die?!! :bairn

Hide contents

oh, wait...  I had home-grown beetroot for dinner on Monday night.   

03f094de51c4f0932f7bc740b2b181e0_w200.gi

You are going to die.  I guarantee it.

• 2 years later...
On 23/09/2020 at 16:20, Granny Danger said:

You are going to die.  I guarantee it.

HA, WRONG! (so far)

Moss Itcrowd GIF - Moss Itcrowd Wrong GIFs

Anyway, I'm off for an X-Ray of my hands tomorrow.  Got one of those Heberden's nodes on my finger, which might* be the onset of osteoarthritis.  😒

*my mum has it and her dad had it.  I fully expect that I now have it.

Edited by Hedgecutter

I've started getting blood in my left nostril when I wake up. It doesn't happen every morning, but it's been more frequent over the past week or two. One bit of tissue up there for a few seconds and it's fine. Yesterday in work I had a full on nosebleed for a few minutes, I kept stuffing and it kept leaking. Am I dying?

Just now, Miguel Sanchez said:

I've started getting blood in my left nostril when I wake up. It doesn't happen every morning, but it's been more frequent over the past week or two. One bit of tissue up there for a few seconds and it's fine. Yesterday in work I had a full on nosebleed for a few minutes, I kept stuffing and it kept leaking. Am I dying?

Have you been snorting massive quantities of cocaine before you go to sleep?

27 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

High blood-pressure can be a reason for what you‘ve mentioned.