Premiership 16/17

Celtic: Should win it comfortably with Rodgers in charge

Aberdeen: Our new options in attack should make up for out defence

Rangers: Have spent big on a few big names, momentum will carry from last season

Hearts: Not too convinced by their signings but will compete for 2nd

St Johnstone: No major changes to a decent squad, same again for them

Dundee: Couple of good signings from ICT, need to improve their defence though

Motherwell: They'll miss Pearson but will still be challenging for top 6

Inverness CT: Think they'll do ok for some reason, King and McNaughton are good signings

Ross County: They'll miss Davies and Irvine massively and will struggle if they're not replaced

Partick Thistle: A few decent signings and they kept hold of Lawless and Bannagin should be alright

Kilmarnock: Clark did improve things at the tail end of last season, will need the new signings to gel quickly though

Hamilton: Surely their time is up after losing McGovern and Gordon

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/07/2016 at 12:47, alternative maryhill said:

Might happen, if Foran turns out to be completely clueless or manages to alienate the dressing room, but there doesn't seem to be much real knowledge or reasoning behind people putting us down as relegation candidates. With Warren, Meekings, Raven, Draper and Tansey, we've still got the nucleus of the team that finished third two seasons ago and won the Scottish Cup, and which finished comfortably in seventh last season despite losing two of our best players in Shinnie and Watkins, having horrendous injury problems and a manager playing some of the most negative football we've ever witnessed. Since then, the only first team regular we've lost is Miles Storey (leaving aside Christie, who we only had for the first 3-4 months of last season before he got injured), and tbh, Storey blew pretty hot and cold over the course of the season. The league is probably slightly stronger this season, but I still reckon that our squad should be strong enough to see a finish in the top half of the bottom six as the minimum expectation.      

Obviously I don't watch Inverness week in, week out but from what I hear they have been horrendous at home for a while but you'll know better than me.

18 hours ago, Ya Bezzer! said:

Obviously I don't watch Inverness week in, week out but from what I hear they have been horrendous at home for a while but you'll know better than me.

I think horrendous is a bit harsh. I mean, if you like never ending passing across the back four, then back to the goalkeeper, then an aimless hoof up the park, average of two shots on target at home, few goals and so on then you're quids in.

Thankfully Hughes is now gone so hopefully we will see some more exciting games under Foran. I think we'll struggle at times but I'm hopeful that we will at least have some more to get excited about this season.

1. 'Ra Hoops

2. The Rangers

3. Aberdeen

4. Hearts

5-6. St Johnstone/Dundee 

7-11 Thistle/Ross County/ICT/Motherwell/Kilmarnock*

12. Accies 

*Should Killie get relegated via the playoff, I worry about them coming back up again. It's a worry that just won't go away. :( 

6 hours ago, Duszek said:

1. 'Ra Hoops

2. The Rangers

3. Aberdeen

4. Hearts

5-6. St Johnstone/Dundee 

7-11 Thistle/Ross County/ICT/Motherwell/Kilmarnock*

12. Accies 

*Should Killie get relegated via the playoff, I worry about them coming back up again. It's a worry that just won't go away. :( 

'Ra Rangers n The Hoops

1. Celtic

2. Rangers

3. Aberdeen

4. Hearts

5. Fermer saints 

6 Motherwell

7. DFC

8. Partick

9. Ross County 

10. Icey Tea

11. Killie

12. Hamilton 

Probably total shite tbh, optimistic saying we'll finish ahead of the two highland teams given our overall record against them over the past 8 years or so. St. Johnstone have got top six running through their veins so can only see that for them. Think Motherwell will just edge us again this year, Cannae stand McGhee but think his experience will get them 6th. 

35 minutes ago, Seannachie Ruadh said:

1. Celtic

2. Aberdeen

3. St Johnstone

4. Hearts

5. Rangers

6. Motherwell

7. ICT

8. Ross County

9. Dundee

10. Partick Thistle

11. Kilmarnock

12. Hamilton

Swap Dundee with Inverness and then you're bang on I reckon. 

I've grown very confident since we're currently dicking Championship sides at half pace, never really works out that way though. One positive is that if we can manage to beat Brechin and Stirling, then we'll have all sorts of momentum going into the opening phase of the season.

On 23 July 2016 at 10:19, Blue_e'hm_A_Dee said:

St. Johnstone have got top six running through their veins 

That's the most beautiful thing I've ever heard a Dundee fan say

everyone predicting top 5 for us is worryingly ominous though...

I've grown very confident since we're currently dicking Championship sides at half pace, never really works out that way though. One positive is that if we can manage to beat Brechin and Stirling, then we'll have all sorts of momentum going into the opening phase of the season.

Wouldn't look too far into yesterday. We played well enough for sure but Falkirk are absolutely hingin'. I'd expect them to be nearer the bottom of their league this coming season.

Archived