BSC Alloa

Mystic Meg

U can hardly blame the sfa for the mindset of committee's in Ayrshire and west Lothian with there insular outlook and tribal attitude to football and there clubs.they opened up the closed shop to all,put in a criteria rule which is easily achieved. If clubs don't take advantage so be it.

As has been pointed out umpteen times, if the set-up is flawed from the start you're flogging a dead horse.

Recent withdrawals from the LL and clubs dragging feet on licences to avoid promotion are an indication of that. Why didn't Glasgow Uni, Coldstream and Burntisland not apply for LL this season?

The SJFA were as culpable for this mess as anyone else, but there were bigger Junior clubs out there who would have joined the LL if it had followed the three Region principle.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We're a wee team in the bottom rung of the Juniors, anywhere between 50-70 on average.

I doubt anyone at the club pays much attention to the LL, and rightly so, if it was being done correctly it would be full of the best clubs non-league south of the Tay has to offer, so way above our level. It's supposed to be the 5th tier of Scottish football afterall, no place for three men or three dugs.

It is full of the best non league clubs.

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

They seem to have fallen out with Maryhill Juniors (reasons unclear, but they have had a lot of games postponed due to a waterlogged pitch) and there was no suitable ground available closer to Glasgow.

The pitch issues were always planned to be rectified this summer, and have been. Turned out a drain in the problematic area of the park had been infilled with sand (!) rather than gravel back in the day which had gradually blocked the drain over the years. Obviously no grass park is completely bulletproof to sustained heavy rain, but there should be considerably fewer call-offs from now on.

As for the reasons behind their departure I'm sure all will be revealed - at least from our perspective - in due course. There's still stuff ongoing which necessitate that it isn't just yet.

Until the Juniors have a better system to suggest, The LL is made up of the best clubs outside of the national set-up. From what I've seen the LL clubs are improving year-on-year and so are their crowds whilst the Juniors are, unfortunately, stagnating.

Junior clubs refuse, with some exceptions, to be part of the pyramid; as long as they do this then they will slowly and gradually decrease in standard and crowds.

24 minutes ago, Marr1 said:

Until the Juniors have a better system to suggest, The LL is made up of the best clubs outside of the national set-up. From what I've seen the LL clubs are improving year-on-year and so are their crowds whilst the Juniors are, unfortunately, stagnating.

Junior clubs refuse, with some exceptions, to be part of the pyramid; as long as they do this then they will slowly and gradually decrease in standard and crowds.

The SJFA did suggest a better system, a three Region set-up.

The LL is not made up of the best clubs outside the SPFL, that is plainly obvious.

Why would Junior crowds decline due to the existence of the LL? what clubs in the LL are increasing their crowds? What evidence do you have to illustrate that the Junior game is stagnating?

Have your say by all means, but if you're going to try and beat the Junior game round the head, at least try and stick to facts.

5 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

The SJFA did suggest a better system, a three Region set-up.

The LL is not made up of the best clubs outside the SPFL, that is plainly obvious.

Why would Junior crowds decline due to the existence of the LL? what clubs in the LL are increasing their crowds? What evidence do you have to illustrate that the Junior game is stagnating?

Have your say by all means, but if you're going to try and beat the Junior game round the head, at least try and stick to facts.

I think that's what ye call a bite :D

Burnie man,everybody has had their say on this till we are all blue in the face,particularly when it's LL v a Junior team in the Scottish Cup,nothing will change until heads are banged together,I agree with you that there should be a Western LL division.But your constant badger baiting of the LL is not on,especially as all is not as rosy as you paint in the junior world. I go to the odd Whitburn game when I'm not at Almondvale or PRP and I can assure all on here,it is not a thriving environment like what burnie man would have you believe. In a town of 11,000/12,000 theres only 100/150 at each home game,twenty years ago the crowd would have been double that,also three quarters of the support is over 60,you hardly see any young kids at a junior game now. The LL is far from perfect but it is a start(you have to start somewhere) to what hopefully will eventually be a fully integrated pyramid system. 

Better set up and structure to the league perhaps but definitely not "the best clubs outside of the national set up".

Burnie man,everybody has had their say on this till we are all blue in the face,particularly when it's LL v a Junior team in the Scottish Cup,nothing will change until heads are banged together,I agree with you that there should be a Western LL division.But your constant badger baiting of the LL is not on,especially as all is not as rosy as you paint in the junior world. I go to the odd Whitburn game when I'm not at Almondvale or PRP and I can assure all on here,it is not a thriving environment like what burnie man would have you believe. In a town of 11,000/12,000 theres only 100/150 at each home game,twenty years ago the crowd would have been double that,also three quarters of the support is over 60,you hardly see any young kids at a junior game now. The LL is far from perfect but it is a start(you have to start somewhere) to what hopefully will eventually be a fully integrated pyramid system. 

Why have a go at my opinions when I was merely responding to Marrs ridiculous claims on Junior football which he has not backed up?

and where was the baiting? Where have I claimed everything is rosy? Read what has been written and not what you think has been written. Jeezo lol

Archived