Dotting accounts?

2 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Despite the boxing chat etc., a man who wears those loafers isn't a fighter. My money would be on Mrs Shandon Par.

Yeah, what sort of kick to the pie could you administer wearing "shoes" like that.

Without wanting to sound like too much of a heads-gone merchant, when choosing a loafer I consider how they'd perform in a tear up. Need to be light and grippy. I think they're better than trainers for two-stepping.

Wait what's happened with Wasps1?  I must have missed this and can't be arsed to go through the thread to find out. (lazy b*****d I know)

Edited by The Minertaur
Just read the Alloa thread :lol:

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I do think there is an arguement for loafers, purely from a transmission of power perspective. I train/spar in a pair of running shoes and the spongyness definitely doesn't help.

Might rock up to the gym next time in a wee pair of suede loafers. Added bonus that my mate is likely to drop his guard due to intermittent laughter fits.

Had these Ted baker driving shoe things that simply had two stiff rubber patches as the soles. I could skip about like Billy Elliot in them. 

How in the name of blue buggery did we go from discussing red dots to Shandon Par's choice of footwear and (admittedly lovely) ankles?

I'm still chortling at Bairnardo's mate's brother who used to choose his night-out clobber based on his ability to fight :lol::lol:

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

It used to make me laugh, and admittedly it was at least partly just done for a laugh, but there is no doubt in my mind it was part serious!

When I first started going out in Falkirk it was regularly a battleground. Specially Friday nights. Grudges held over weeks and months. One of the other things that I have seen more than once is someone turning up for a night out wearing old clothes, purely because they were going out with the sole intention of settling a score. Mental when you look back.

Growing up in Dunfermline (and getting into regular scrapes with Dundee hoolies who'd come to St Andrews to beat up students) conditioned me into being a bit that way (conscious that there's always a chance of some headcase starting something). I'd never dream of looking for trouble but I still always think "what if" so dress to keep light on my feet. 

It used to make me laugh, and admittedly it was at least partly just done for a laugh, but there is no doubt in my mind it was part serious!

When I first started going out in Falkirk it was regularly a battleground. Specially Friday nights. Grudges held over weeks and months. One of the other things that I have seen more than once is someone turning up for a night out wearing old clothes, purely because they were going out with the sole intention of settling a score. Mental when you look back.

Thinking about it, I know quite a few boys that were like this. Wouldn't wear the new white shirt or jumper they bought in case. Or would wear an older of timberland boots as trouble was expected. Thankfully all in past days.

I have a mate who was from a family of heads-gone merchants. When getting ready for a night out his brother used to put on a shirt, then throw a couple of shots to ensure it wouldn't rip or otherwise hamper performance.

That's brilliant.

4 hours ago, The Minertaur said:

Wait what's happened with Wasps1?  I must have missed this and can't be arsed to go through the thread to find out. (lazy b*****d I know)

Accused a poster of "going down on wee boys", then when he didn't get the reaction he hoped for he decided the best thing to do, rather than admit he made an arse of it and apologise, was to backtrack and say he actually meant that it's because the guy's team are getting relegated.

9 minutes ago, LiviLion said:

Accused a poster of "going down on wee boys", then when he didn't get the reaction he hoped for he decided the best thing to do, rather than admit he made an arse of it and apologise, was to backtrack and say he actually meant that it's because the guy's team are getting relegated.

What a moron.  Read the thread earlier and he came across as a right arsehole.  Will miss his 'sources' telling him all the wrong info though.  Was always good to rule out who was going to be a new club manager etc.

13 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

What a moron.  Read the thread earlier and he came across as a right arsehole.  Will miss his 'sources' telling him all the wrong info though.  Was always good to rule out who was going to be a new club manager etc.

What thread is this please?

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Growing up in Dunfermline (and getting into regular scrapes with Dundee hoolies who'd come to St Andrews to beat up students) conditioned me into being a bit that way (conscious that there's always a chance of some headcase starting something). I'd never dream of looking for trouble but I still always think "what if" so dress to keep light on my feet. 

This is what we've been thinking all along.

6 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I do think there is an arguement for loafers, purely from a transmission of power perspective. I train/spar in a pair of running shoes and the spongyness definitely doesn't help.

Might rock up to the gym next time in a wee pair of suede loafers. Added bonus that my mate is likely to drop his guard due to intermittent laughter fits.

Having survived my 2nd Thai boxing class and becoming a certified killing machine in the process, I can confirm that real fighters go bare foot.

10 minutes ago, Andy C said:

Having survived my 2nd Thai boxing class and becoming a certified killing machine in the process, I can confirm that real fighters go bare foot.

There should be a P&B "Last Man Standing" contest some time. No way am I going barefoot though.