The BetFred Cup Attendance thread

lionel hutz

Is the revamped format bring in crowds?

There was a decent crowd at Arbroath last night.

Bold denotes Live TV.

Friday 15th July

1. Airdrieonians 0-1  Partick Thistle - 1,632
  2. Cove Rangers 1-2 Raith Rovers - 362 (Match Played at Forfar)
  3. Arbroath 1-1 Dundee United (3-5pens) - 3,124

Saturday 16th July

1. Albion Rovers 0-0 Greenock Morton (3-4 pens) - 431
  2. Annan Athletic 1-2 Stranraer - 418
  3. Ayr United 2-1 Hamilton Accies - 994
  4. Clyde 1-2 Kilmarnock - 1,303
  5. Cowdenbeath 1-2 Inverness CT - 487
  6. East Fife 1-1 Dundee (4-2 pens) - 1,407 
  7. Elgin City 1-3 St Johnstone - 1,046
  8. Forfar Athletic 2-2 Dumbarton (6-5 pens) - 426
  9. Livingston 2-3 St Mirren - ???
  10. Montrose 0-1 Ross County - 557
  11. Motherwell 0-2 Rangers - 6,951
  12. Queens' Park 0-2 Queen of the South - 410 (Played at Airdrie due to Beyonce Ultras)
  13. Stirling Albion 1-0 Falkirk - 1,315

Some really poor crowds there, only seven crowds over 1000. Hopefully they'll improve over the course of the competition. Really poor at Cowdenbeath, Ayr and Albion Rovers. Decent turnouts at Arbroath, Stirling Albion and East Fife.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably around 200 Accies fans there today (at the very most). I thought that was poor (only because it was the first game of the season at a ground we've not been at in years), but today reminded me of why attendances are so low :(

Our home ties should be between 30-40k(ish) but apart from that the attendances will be poor for the group stages and I struggle to see many non-rangers ties being above 10k without Celtic and Hearts at this stage. Doubt there will be enough Dundee Utd fan interest in this stage either to get their attendances above that mark either.

25 minutes ago, RangersRyan084 said:

Our home ties should be between 30-40k(ish) but apart from that the attendances will be poor for the group stages and I struggle to see many non-rangers ties being above 10k without Celtic and Hearts at this stage. Doubt there will be enough Dundee Utd fan interest in this stage either to get their attendances above that mark either.

Our home game against Cowdenbeath will be 4000-5000 and about 2000 more for the Pars game

51 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Thanks for starting this thread, seeing as the BBC have decided not to bother writing up individual reports and attendances for group games.

Is there anywhere I can see highlights for group games?

The highlights thread on here is your best bet.

318 poor b*****ds there today.

Fair enough. Didn't look like it. If it wasn't for the guy falling asleep in the River Cottage (and his pal having to stay with him), it would've been up to a respectable 320. Poor show from them.

The Beeb appear to be finding it more and more difficult to cover up their apathy towards British football outside of England.

The Rangers game getting a match report is unsurprising, but why would they send a boy to the Macaroni Bowl?  :huh:

3 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

The Beeb appear to be finding it more and more difficult to cover up their apathy towards British football outside of England.

The Rangers game getting a match report is unsurprising, but why would they send a boy to the Macaroni Bowl?  :huh:

We get better coverage than the Welsh league tbf

Just now, RangersRyan084 said:

We get better coverage than the Welsh league tbf

If you were reliant on the BBC for football news, I doubt you'd realise the Welsh or Irish even had their own leagues.

(maybe they barely do, but I'm told they do actually exist)

2 hours ago, BucksburnDandy said:

Looked between 50/50 to 60/40 in favour of Saints today in Elgin today. Was a good crowd in the shed.

This was taken at the end of the game.

55f151b37a1703ae9e11cee50228ba0d.jpg

Aye that's a fair assessment.  Not too bad I suppose. The journey for our car was 280 mile round trip, plenty others would have been longer. The only reason I know this is that I get 17.5mpg, f**k scotrail.

26 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

I cannelloni think that the reporter got lost.

Archived