Who's near the best fish and chips - Rangers or Celtic?

And the cry was two fish suppers
A haggis and a pie pie pie
A poke of chips
Two bread rolls
And a bottle of IRN BRU

2 hours ago, Kieran-The-Fish said:

Yeah, that's all great. Any actual fish and chip shops? Does anyone get a poke of chips after the game?

If i'm wanting that I usually just go to the one outside Partick station which is on my route to and from Ibrox. Can't speak for Parkhead but theres no much near Ibrox thats any decent.

7 hours ago, Kieran-The-Fish said:

Guess that keeps you from the crowds! I thought there'd be some quality chip shops near the ground though. So many people there!

Aye there is one next to Ladbrokes at Ibrox but its far too greasy and bogin

On 15 July 2016 at 11:19, Kieran-The-Fish said:

Which is better for fish and chips? Grounds near Ibrox or Celtic Park?

I'm trying to find the best chippies in Scotland but no one seems to rate Old Firm fish and chip shops!

Are they all rubbish???

The only chippy in the whole of Glasgow that I like is on the A82 at Knightswood, just beside the Licoln Inn. 

I've never had decent chips (or anything else) in any chippy in town.

I have the joy of staying next to Ibrox. All the chippies suck. Criterion is hit and miss - depends who's on and time of day. Tartan used to be good but is now rancid. Best one was across from the district bar but it shut donkeys ago and was miles away anyway. Even further away The Oyster Cafe (used to be yellow bird) at Govan Road Toll is actually pretty good. The Boulevard on the corner of Paisley Road West and Mosspark Boulevard gets a good write up but I've no been. Perellas's in Linthouse does a great pizza but the suppers are rank.

2 hours ago, aofjays said:

I have the joy of staying next to Ibrox. All the chippies suck. Criterion is hit and miss - depends who's on and time of day. Tartan used to be good but is now rancid. Best one was across from the district bar but it shut donkeys ago and was miles away anyway. Even further away The Oyster Cafe (used to be yellow bird) at Govan Road Toll is actually pretty good. The Boulevard on the corner of Paisley Road West and Mosspark Boulevard gets a good write up but I've no been. Perellas's in Linthouse does a great pizza but the suppers are rank.

There was an article in the evening times or something a year ago which stated half the chippies and take-always in PRW failed their food hygeine test 

this one is from the daily mail 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3570047/The-riskiest-place-Britain-buy-takeaway-Three-half-mile-stretch-road-seen-SEVENTEEN-fast-food-joints-hit-food-hygiene-warnings-year.html

5 hours ago, forever_blue said:

There was an article in the evening times or something a year ago which stated half the chippies and take-always in PRW failed their food hygeine test 

this one is from the daily mail 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3570047/The-riskiest-place-Britain-buy-takeaway-Three-half-mile-stretch-road-seen-SEVENTEEN-fast-food-joints-hit-food-hygiene-warnings-year.html

Tasty Bite has a rep but in all fairness to them I only think I've been poisoned the once.

Archived