Clyde vs Killie

Adolfo Rios

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cloggers ??? I think Clyde were the best team, Flynn's goal tht got chopped because of a light foul.. penalty miss.. played better football at timesconsidering we are 3 leagues bellow. very pleased with our performance roll on Morton 

It was a poor performance from Killie, but despite that I came away feeling reasonably positive.  We were very disjointed on account of having a bunch of guys who hadn't played together before, but I felt as though most of the new guys showed a bit of promise.

Boyle looks like he could be a good acquisition - he's big and strong and decent on the ball, even if he did look raw.  Cobain got forward a lot and should provide a good out ball on the right flank - he was a bit shaky at times, but hopefully that will improve with game time.  The game completely passed McFadzean by as it did our entire midfield - that needs to be worked on.  Bojaj reminded me a bit of Heffernan - his touch was excellent and he linked up well, but despite all that he never really looked like scoring.  Coulibaly, I'm not sure about.  He obviously got the goal, but I felt his overall performance was a bit iffy, and he squandered a few good chances.  He definitely improved after the goal, so hopefully he just needed a little confidence boost.  Jones looked like your typical impact player out wide - he definitely has a lot of flair, but looked really lightweight.

1 hour ago, Fide said:

It's a pity you're resorting to pedantry to make your point.  I usually quite enjoy your input.

It's not pedantry, it's a relevant point. Clyde play in the 4th tier, which is not in any way the second division, no matter how you cut it. So your comments about them being "cluggers" and being there for a reason look even more lopsided when the size of the gap between the team's respective leagues is highlighted, because on the day neither team looked like a Premiership side and both could easily have passed for 4th tier teams. That being said, Killie were clearly the more capable up front, but looked more lightweight at times than Clyde did and Clyde's midfield was more effective. Yes, there was a wee bit of gamesmanship from Clyde here and there, the odd shirt pull etc but for me I wouldn't call that being a dirty team and, personally, I've never had a problem with teams being a bit clever to hold up their opponents. Anyway, there's no point in bickering about it, it was a shite game in a competition that no-one's arsed about until the semi finals anyway and it's been and gone.

Terrible game, we looked like a team that had never played with each other. However, given the fact most of them hadn't played with each other then it was hardly surprising. 

That said, i never thought for a second that we'd lose. Was never a penalty but even if Clyde had scored it i'd have been confident of getting a result. 

The game was played like a pre season game, the fact that Boyd wasn't even in the squad and Magennis was on the bench says as much. Did enough to get the win.

Bit of a farce trying to get in though. Turned up at 2.35 and just made kick off. Surely Clyde must have expected a half decent away support given it was our first game of the season? 4 turnstiles and only 2 that adults can pay into was a bit daft. 

Wins a win i suppose, i expect us to better against Morton.

Shite game, shite turnstyles (missed the kick off), shite stadium which is one of the coldest in Scotland and shite pie stall WITH NAE PIES!!!

Full backs looked shite, McFadzean was shite, Jones was shite and Dicker IS shite.

Otherwise, a thoroughly enjoyable day out.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Bit of a farce trying to get in though. Turned up at 2.35 and just made kick off. Surely Clyde must have expected a half decent away support given it was our first game of the season? 4 turnstiles and only 2 that adults can pay into was a bit daft. 

I did think this would happen when I see that you were going to be in the main stand too but thought they would have opened gate C to allow a steady flow through.  Not sure if it was a club or steward decision.  Probably the latter.  

54 minutes ago, mathematics said:

Shite game, shite turnstyles (missed the kick off), shite stadium which is one of the coldest in Scotland and shite pie stall WITH NAE PIES!!!

Sadly the away food stall thing is out of our hands.  All council run.  Not sure if the kiosk is being refurbished hence the burger van just now.  The kiosks were unavailable for a while in rest of the stand due to this and we had the burger van down at the opposite side of the stand.  We understand the frustration with that.

I'll stop this shot no bother.  Better get my hands out the way just in case.  Right arm, what the hell?  See what left is doing?  Do the same.  Oh, never mind.  Just pretend it didn't happen.

clydevkil_handball.png

Wins a win i suppose, i expect us to better against Morton.

I knew this would happen. Clearly another genius decision from NL stewards can't wait to be away from those duds. Ruin an already shite away experience at Broadwood and ruin the home experience as well.

On the game, i was pleased with how we played and matched Killie at times. Expected Killie to have enough to win being a premier league side (didn't look like it). Thought the foul on Higgins in the first half was a stonewaller but to then get a soft pen in the second was a poor refereeing decision. I did laugh that we got a soft handball penalty for Killie to go up the other end of the park and not get one for the same thing [emoji23]

Pleased with our performance with some more games under our belt and with Smith, JP and Fergie to come back I'm excited for the season!

1 hour ago, Adolfo Rios said:

Sadly the away food stall thing is out of our hands.  All council run.  Not sure if the kiosk is being refurbished hence the burger van just now.  The kiosks were unavailable for a while in rest of the stand due to this and we had the burger van down at the opposite side of the stand.  We understand the frustration with that.

I think my frustration was compounded by the Killie Pie issue in which I'd decided to try the pies at all the away venues. A shite start to my new season resolution.

59 minutes ago, RWB said:

I'll stop this shot no bother.  Better get my hands out the way just in case.  Right arm, what the hell?  See what left is doing?  Do the same.  Oh, never mind.  Just pretend it didn't happen.

clydevkil_handball.png

I'm more worries about the direction in which his left foot is facing!

1 hour ago, RWB said:

clydevkil_handball.png

All irrelevant anyway. it was missed.

Penalty was funny though! 

Archived