Jump to content

Lorry crash in Nice


G-MAN
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, sureiknow said:

Shouldn't ban people for having a different opinion than yourself, no matter how stupid it seems.

Closing down Mosque's would be wrong, same as closing down Catholic Church's would have been wrong during the IRA campaign.

The IRA's campaign wasn't  based on catholicism or religion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Cerberus said:

I'm surprised we're not a bigger target tbh.

Maybe the Mi5 are better at getting these guys before they strike.

Britain has been dealing with terrorism for about 30-40 years with the IRA previously , and so are therfor more experienced and trained than their French counterparts .7/7 was a major wake up call as they probably underestimated the threat islamic extremist terrorists posed to Britain at that point but since then the defence seemed to have upped their game and even foiled many attacks before they got carried out , imo the major threat to Britain is your lone wolf attacks but then how do you stop a nutter from just deciding today is the day he is going to shoot up a shopping centre or blow up a train ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

No, they don't want "intolerance". They want non-muslims dead.



No they don't. That's not what IS "wants". They want certain Muslims dead and Western states to convert to draconian Shariah law. They want Christians to convert.

I suspect you know that though.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Cream Cheese said:

You think the guy in the lorry was carefully swerving his way through the crowd to avoid any Muslim casualties?

 

Not at all. You just have to look at the attacks in Turkey and Baghdad. In saying that, the Western world is desensitised to Muslims blowing one another up. It's when they attack an ally of ours like they've done last night that it becomes a serious problem for the UK. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, forever_blue said:

Britain has been dealing with terrorism for about 30-40 years with the IRA previously , and so are therfor more experienced and trained than their French counterparts .7/7 was a major wake up call as they probably underestimated the threat islamic extremist terrorists posed to Britain at that point but since then the defence seemed to have upped their game and even foiled many attacks before they got carried out , imo the major threat to Britain is your lone wolf attacks but then how do you stop a nutter from just deciding today is the day he is going to shoot up a shopping centre or blow up a train ?

Or Britain is just more irrelevant than some people like to think. So they just don't really bother about us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Savage Henry said:

 


No they don't. That's not what IS "wants". They want certain Muslims dead and Western states to convert to draconian Shariah law. They want Christians to convert.

I suspect you know that though.

 

 

So they basically want us all to be muslim or die? That's justification for blowing them to smithereens.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Cream Cheese said:

Or Britain is just more irrelevant than some people like to think. So they just don't really bother about us.

Yes thats it ... We should just abondon all security because cream cheese thinks we are not as relevant as we think we are .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Mr Bairn said:

 

Not at all. You just have to look at the attacks in Turkey and Baghdad. In saying that, the Western world is desensitised to Muslims blowing one another up. It's when they attack an ally of ours like they've done last night that it becomes a serious problem for the UK. 

An ally? I would like to think that all people in this world regardless of where the come from who are peaceful and tolerant of others are considered our allies. People are allies, not countries. So far we've lost over 80 allies in a horrific non discriminatory attack, some of them who may well have been Muslims.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Günther said:

Absolutely crazy stuff and really sad to watch! In the last 2 weeks or so that's 2 places I've been in the last 18 months that's been targeted... Istanbul Ataturk Airport and Nice, it was that Promonade I stayed and worked at and each evening went for a wonder along it. Really shows that this carry on is getting too close to home :(. It's awful seeing pictures of places I've recently been to but in a whole different light to the one I witnessed and cherished...

 

God old help those poor souls and their families tonight. 

I know what you mean.

I was in Nice a couple of weeks ago. I also flew out of Brussels the day before that was blown up.

My mother was in Manchester when the bomb went off and my sister in New York the day before 9/11!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, forever_blue said:

Yes thats it ... We should just abondon all security because cream cheese thinks we are not as relevant as we think we are .

Where did I say we should abandon our security? Although it's blatantly obvious that the British Government step up the security beyond what is necessary to give off the impression that we're a bigger target than we actually are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cream Cheese said:

An ally? I would like to think that all people in this world regardless of where the come from who are peaceful and tolerant of others are considered our allies. People are allies, not countries. So far we've lost over 80 allies in a horrific non discriminatory attack, some of them who may well have been Muslims.

 

I think we need to accept that Muslims are going to blow one another up regardless. That's just what they do. Our focus should be on preventing attacks on NATO, EU and Commonwealth nations.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...