Lorry crash in Nice

G-MAN

28 minutes ago, Günther said:

This... It's the same everywhere, I remember the Glasgow bin Lorry tragedy and whilst their was bodies laying around some idiots have got their phones out recording it! My phone would be the last thing out in those instances, go help your fellow human beings for f**k sake :huh:

I agree completely. The only proviso I'd put on that is that sometimes such footage proves invaluable to later investigations. If it helps police understand what happened (and who might be responsible) my disgust about the filming lessens considerably.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Günther said:

Absolutely crazy stuff and really sad to watch! In the last 2 weeks or so that's 2 places I've been in the last 18 months that's been targeted... Istanbul Ataturk Airport and Nice, it was that Promonade I stayed and worked at and each evening went for a wonder along it. Really shows that this carry on is getting too close to home :(. It's awful seeing pictures of places I've recently been to but in a whole different light to the one I witnessed and cherished...

God old help those poor souls and their families tonight. 

So it took a tradegy with 73 people killed for Gunther to finally make a post without mentioning his wife.

The 'it spoiled our shopping trip' comment is genuinely one of the most out of place bizarre comment I've ever heard. I was trying not to listen to it because it's so fucking bad but I just heard it on Twitter and it's nothing like what I'd imagined, I thought it would've been in the middle of a mad rushed rant but naw, wifey calm as f**k, thoughtful, and said it without a hint of regret after. f**k sake.

The 'it spoiled our shopping trip' comment is genuinely one of the most out of place bizarre comment I've ever heard. I was trying not to listen to it because it's so fucking bad but I just heard it on Twitter and it's nothing like what I'd imagined, I thought it would've been in the middle of a mad rushed rant but naw, wifey calm as f**k, thoughtful, and said it without a hint of regret after. f**k sake.

Link?

35 minutes ago, THE KING said:

Erm...he was shooting people as well.

The first accounts weren't sure if it was gun shots or the massive fireworks display they heard.

It's been nothing but endless suffering for France for the past several years. It's no coincidence that one of the most liberal and open countries in the world is being targeted by such high levels of hatred. These groups want us to slam our borders shut. They know we'll be weaker divided.

Also wish that idiot Trump would keep his mouth shut. He'd have said nothing had it of been a white national. It's people like him that add flames to the fire with the sole aim of stirring things up even further. Detestable character.

Also wish that idiot Trump would keep his mouth shut. He'd have said nothing had it of been a white national. It's people like him that add flames to the fire with the sole aim of stirring things up even further. Detestable character.

Given the French media are only now reporting that police sources are saying it was a French Tunisian driver, then Trump would not have known who was behind the wheel when he condemned the attack on Twitter.

Reports of Firearms and explosives found in the Lorry, ID of a 31 year old Tunisian immigrant also apparently discovered aswell, nothing to say it's the driver yet but it's becoming clear this was a planned attack. No word if ISIS are taking responsibility as of yet. 

Fucking horrible scenes I can only imagine, heart goes out to the victims and the French people as a whole, they have endured attack after attack I can't imagine how they deal with it. 

If this is another Radical Islamist attack orchestrated by ISIS then the world powers have to put thier differences aside and seriously come together to get rid of this constant threat of ISIS. I have no idea what that would entail or how to go about it but something has to be done here. 

Fucking horrible. Not sure why they're sure that it was IS rather than a runaway lorry though.

The simplistic madia narrative automatically assumes that 1. All terrorism is Islamic and 2. All Islamic terrorism is IS.

The nuance between IS conducted activity and IS inspired activity may seem irrelevant, but there's a significant difference.

The simplistic madia narrative automatically assumes that 1. All terrorism is Islamic and 2. All Islamic terrorism is IS.

The nuance between IS conducted activity and IS inspired activity may seem irrelevant, but there's a significant difference.

Very much this.

Archived