Lorry crash in Nice

G-MAN

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never trust a lorry with a Christmas Tree in the cab.

Seriously don't trust it if the tree's driving.

Here, maybe we've got it wrong? Maybe the tree was the driver and this was an attack by the Tree Liberation Front protesting at the slaughter of millions of trees every Christmas!

23 hours ago, throbber said:

Wouldn't have thought anyone would get particularly far in a city centre. 

Running across a field is a bit harder to avoid detection than walking in a busy shopping street.

Its madness - how on earth could the guy have got away on foot for god sakes!

Probably easier than you'd think, loads of folk running about to get away from the lorry, people panicking won't necessarily be watching the cab of the truck itself but watching the scene and looking for their own safety.

Its madness - how on earth could the guy have got away on foot for god sakes!

The area that the market sits has two busy roads running parallel to it. Each Road has a number of side streets off it and there is a U-Bahn station at one corner near the Zoo

3 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I see he left his id card in the cab and the police found it a day later. Well done officer! I'm exactly the same, the number of times I leave stuff I need in the car.  I'd be a rotten terrorist.

Seems to be standard practice for terrorists to leave some ID behind. They really should be more careful.

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I see he left his id card in the cab and the police found it a day later. Well done officer! I'm exactly the same, the number of times I leave stuff I need in the car.  I'd be a rotten terrorist.

i don't think you'd get enough speed up to cause much damage anyway 

JNJ%20TIC%20rear.JPG

Archived