Lorry crash in Nice

G-MAN

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I might have missed this but is there anything to connect this to Islamic terrorism or that the guy was a Muslim?

1. From the BBC website:  French media reports say he has been identified as Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, who lived locally.  Sounds like he could be a Muslim.

I might have missed this but is there anything to connect this to Islamic terrorism or that the guy was a Muslim?

It was a terrorist attack by someone called Mohammed. Unconfirmed, but I'd say the chances were it's linked to Islamic terrorism and the guy is a Muslim.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

1. From the BBC website:  French media reports say he has been identified as Mohamed Lahouaiej Bouhlel, who lived locally.  Sounds like he could be a Muslim.

He might be an atheist lone wolf who came from a Muslim background.

1 hour ago, Tight John McVeigh is a tit said:

Nowhere in the Koran does it say you must not drink (or sell) alcohol. As mentioned it is all interpretation of a book written many years ago, the same as most religious documents.

It's just as easy to interpret the writings to angle a hatred and miss understanding of all Islam as it does these ISIS fuckwits to turn it into a book of evil.

There is far too much infighting in Islam that is ignored in an attempt to simplify this in western terms and Islam itself (the good and peace loving Muslims (the vast majority of them) need to rise up against these terrorists as all they are really doing is destroying Islam.

Mr Bairn has either tried too hard this time or truly is a complete embarrassment of a human being.

Miss Understanding was my favourite Roger Hargreaves character.

Could be Islamic terrorism but given the millions of north Africans and people of north African descent living in France it could equally be the guy was not a practicing Muslim and/or the attack had no religious motivation.

I imagine a Tunisian in France has many reasons to hold a grudge against society that don't necessarily equate to wanting to bring about a world wide caliphate.

In any case from what we currently know , or more accurately don't know, there is nothing to suggest it was a planned attack as part of a terrorist cell.

4 minutes ago, Cream Cheese said:

Whether the guy is a Muslim or not is completely irrelevant. The only thing that is relevant here is the despicable act that he committed and any other possible involvements in the planning.

Bizarre post :lol:

What a load of utter deflection and whataboutery. It's very very clear that this was a muslim based attack. The only thing that remains to be seen was whether it was a lone wolf who is sympathetic to IS, or an actual planned IS attack.

28 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I was at the cinema when JFK was shot.  I can't remember what the film was so its probably not a good alibi.

I'd just got out of the bath.

Just now, Mr Bairn said:

Bizarre post :lol:

What a load of utter deflection and whataboutery. It's very very clear that this was a muslim based attack. The only thing that remains to be seen was whether it was a lone wolf who is sympathetic to IS, or an actual planned IS attack.

What's a "muslim based attack"?

Crimes should be treated individually depending on who the perpetrators are. 22% of the worlds population are Muslim. Do you honestly think it's wise to drag 22% of the worlds population into an attack committed by one person, just because that person may happen to share the same religion?

The man was also African American I believe. So lets drag all black people into it as well. :1eye

1 minute ago, Cream Cheese said:

Crimes should be treated individually depending on who the perpetrators are. 22% of the worlds population are Muslim. Do you honestly think it's wise to drag 22% of the worlds population into an attack committed by one person, just because that person may happen to share the same religion?

The man was also African American I believe. So lets drag all black people into it as well. :1eye

Eh, wtf?

21 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I heard on the radio he was a French Tunisian.

Could be Islamic terrorism but given the millions of north Africans and people of north African descent living in France it could equally be the guy was not a practicing Muslim and/or the attack had no religious motivation.

I imagine a Tunisian in France has many reasons to hold a grudge against society that don't necessarily equate to wanting to bring about a world wide caliphate.

In any case from what we currently know , or more accurately don't know, there is nothing to suggest it was a planned attack as part of a terrorist cell.

Correct.

Islamic State in today's news reporting is what Communism was in the 50s; the name given to a nebulous perceived enemy.

Many people who have zero idea what they are talking about want to make this into a "them against us" game of Cowboys and Indians. It's easy, but it isn't helpful.

Glasgow Airport had nothing to do with Islamic State. There's a weird kind of vicarious victimhood thing going on there with the Daily Record. But, of course, anyone who has any genuine understanding of international security issues ignores the tabloid press anyway.

16 minutes ago, Cream Cheese said:

Where has anywhere stated he was African American ? He has been reported as French Tunisian 

13 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Correct.

Islamic State in today's news reporting is what Communism was in the 50s; the name given to a nebulous perceived enemy.

Many people who have zero idea what they are talking about want to make this into a "them against us" game of Cowboys and Indians. It's easy, but it isn't helpful.

Glasgow Airport had nothing to do with Islamic State. There's a weird kind of vicarious victimhood thing going on there with the Daily Record. But, of course, anyone who has any genuine understanding of international security issues ignores the tabloid press anyway.

9/11 was nothing to do with IS aswell , but they are related . Isis is just another form of extreme Sunni wahabist terrorists , they target the west because they hate the west regardless of which group or faction they align with at that time 

17 minutes ago, Cream Cheese said:

You're connecting this attack from one individual to the entirety of the Muslim religion, which makes up 22% of the worlds population. No wonder you have the status of a fud on here.

Where on earth are you getting that he's African-American though?

Archived