Lorry crash in Nice

G-MAN

20 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Well England, so aye basically the same thing

Scotland won't be a massive target anyway I wouldn't think thankfully were a bit of an irrelevance on the world stage

Glasgow airport was targeted 

this isn't a nationality issue directly , all parts of western democracy are seen as the enemy in their eyes , they would be just as happy to shoot up Buchanan street as they would Oxford street 

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Glasgow airport was targeted 

this isn't a nationality issue directly , all parts of western democracy are seen as the enemy in their eyes , they would be just as happy to shoot up Buchanan street as they would Oxford street 

Luckily we had Smeato, problem solved!

1 hour ago, Nick_BCFC said:

I know what you mean.

I was in Nice a couple of weeks ago. I also flew out of Brussels the day before that was blown up.

My mother was in Manchester when the bomb went off and my sister in New York the day before 9/11!

I was in Scotland the night of Lockerbie, I was in Glasgow  the night of the bin lorry crash.

So, so close.

And on the other hand being a good Muslim and living beside and selling alcohol to the dirty kafir/kuffar is misinterpretation too then I take it?

Nowhere in the Koran does it say you must not drink (or sell) alcohol. As mentioned it is all interpretation of a book written many years ago, the same as most religious documents.

It's just as easy to interpret the writings to angle a hatred and miss understanding of all Islam as it does these ISIS fuckwits to turn it into a book of evil.

There is far too much infighting in Islam that is ignored in an attempt to simplify this in western terms and Islam itself (the good and peace loving Muslims (the vast majority of them) need to rise up against these terrorists as all they are really doing is destroying Islam.

Mr Bairn has either tried too hard this time or truly is a complete embarrassment of a human being.

41 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

I was in Scotland the night of Lockerbie, I was in Glasgow  the night of the bin lorry crash.

So, so close.

I was at the Fratellis at the O2, the night of the Clutha. Reasonably close! 

1 hour ago, sparky88 said:

So, so close.

I was at the cinema when JFK was shot.  I can't remember what the film was so its probably not a good alibi.

4 hours ago, Mr Bairn said:

How on earth is IS nearly finished?

In terms of being any kind of expansionist quasi-nation state, they shot their bolt well over a year ago and have been in shrink mode ever since. The last year or so, especially since the Russians got involved has seen them steadily pushed back on all fronts. What they hold now are a couple of cities, a few towns and a lot of empty desert nobody's interested in inbetween. The caliphate that was supposed to stretch from Spain to China ain't going to happen.

That's not to say their influence amongst the more damaged souls in Muslim communities worldwide is any less, but who are now carrying out attacks aren't actually IS, but shitey locally-produced IS tribute acts. 

Doesn't make them any less dangerous though.

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I was at the cinema when JFK was shot.  I can't remember what the film was so its probably not a good alibi.

Probably at the cinema when Lincoln was shot too, AMARITE?

4 minutes ago, invergowrie arab said:

I might have missed this but is there anything to connect this to Islamic terrorism or that the guy was a Muslim?

On the BBC site they quote an eyewitness as saying the guy had a beard. That's enough for some folk.

40 minutes ago, DJM1903 said:

I was at the Fratellis at the O2, the night of the Clutha. Reasonably close! 

Bit insensitive going to a gig when all that was going on. Filthy scum. Hope you left plenty of flowers at the crash site.

1 hour ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Well England, so aye basically the same thing

Scotland won't be a massive target anyway I wouldn't think thankfully were a bit of an irrelevance on the world stage

In the same way, you wouldn't expect cities like Nice in the French riviera to be targeted rather than the political centre in Paris.

London is the biggest target in the UK but Edinburgh and Glasgow are right up there with Birmingham/Manchester/Liverpool/Cardiff etc as the next biggest targets. The suits as Islamic State's head office won't be psychoanalysing the current geopolitical status of the UK when planning which city to attack. 

Even if we were independent, Glasgow and Edinburgh would still be potential targets.

Archived