Lorry crash in Nice

G-MAN

A quick tally (thanks Wiki) shows about 50 terrorist attacks in France, post War and pre Isis. I think folk are deluded if they think we can permanently eradicate the spectre of deranged morons with no respect for human life. Were there calls to ban Catholicism because of the IRA? Much easier to fear a bunch of folk with different coloured skin and tar them with the same brush than be rational and accept there are fanatics out there. Most won't do any harm, some will be apprehended and some will slip the net and pull of disgusting stuff like this p***k in the truck. 

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Cream Cheese said:

Nothing wrong with Islamic Ideology. These people are not following Islamic Ideology. Any well integrated follower of Islam (the vast majority)  would tell you that.

Have you read the Qur'an? Interpretation is where it differs but it definitely says or is open to interpretation of 99% of what IS are doing.

Just now, tree house tam said:

Have you read the Qur'an? Interpretation is where it differs but it definitely says or is open to interpretation of 99% of what IS are doing.

Of course I have. Who hasn't?

You could also interoperate things in the bible a certain way, depending on what version you read. If you interoperate something in the Qur'an which would suggest that you should strap bombs to yourself and blow yourself and other people up, then you're probably misinterpreting tbh.

2 minutes ago, Cream Cheese said:

Of course I have. Who hasn't?

You could also interoperate things in the bible a certain way, depending on what version you read. If you interoperate something in the Qur'an which would suggest that you should strap bombs to yourself and blow yourself and other people up, then you're probably misinterpreting tbh.

And on the other hand being a good Muslim and living beside and selling alcohol to the dirty kafir/kuffar is misinterpretation too then I take it?

I definitely want to see better actions taken place to get rid of ISIS. Banning Islam and closing borders to Muslims is just going to make things worse. Sadly I think the issue is that no one really knows how to tackle them properly.

The Biggest issue is how they and other extremist sympathizers indoctrinate and recruit people to carry out thier attacks. Large Muslim communities that tend to seclude themselves or are secluded by the general populace are breeding grounds for these extremist Cannon fodder that carry out thier attacks. 

I'm not saying removing ISIS will solve everything but swift and decisive action against them and anyone recruiting might desuade anyone open to this. 

Heavy punishment to those found to be in support of extremism may help. 

15 minutes ago, Günther said:

Islan is a religion of peace, like all religions.

There is no single "Islam", just as there is no "Christianity". There are many sects and interpretations. Plenty of Muslim clerics who support the death penalty for apostasy. It's wrong to say that all religions are peaceful, for example it's quite obvious that Christianity is less peaceful than Jainism.

9 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

I definitely want to see better actions taken place to get rid of ISIS. Banning Islam and closing borders to Muslims is just going to make things worse. Sadly I think the issue is that no one really knows how to tackle them properly.

The Biggest issue is how they and other extremist sympathizers indoctrinate and recruit people to carry out thier attacks. Large Muslim communities that tend to seclude themselves or are secluded by the general populace are breeding grounds for these extremist Cannon fodder that carry out thier attacks. 

I'm not saying removing ISIS will solve everything but swift and decisive action against them and anyone recruiting might desuade anyone open to this. 

Heavy punishment to those found to be in support of extremism may help. 

Can you very specifically explain why?

27 minutes ago, Günther said:

A few folk have touched on this already. The U.K. And Ireland are not in Schengen. Therefore in the EU or not, it is difficult for non-eu citizens to get into the UK. And for the racists out there, there are no Muslim countries within the EU although many countries within the EU do have large Muslim populations mostly down to having parents who were immigrants. But if people think Brexit would solve non-eu citizens coming in then think again, the U.K. Were always in control of this, it's those pesky Christian from Poland, Romania, Slovakia etc that we didn't have control over...

Mr Bairn I used to think was a decent enough c**t, reading his Trump-esque views makes me think his is just simply a c**t. 

Islan is a religion of peace, like all religions. It's the goons who use religion as a mask for their own ideology that's the problem, and that includes Christians and Jews. 

This was a good post. Islam is 99% a religion of peace BUT the 1% who twist it are causing far too much devastation, how would you address this?

1 minute ago, Mr Bairn said:

Can you very specifically explain why?

Because all that will accomplish is to further alienate the Muslim communities that exist within Europe and give the current recruiters more bodies to carry out thier attacks. Isolation is not the answer. 

6 minutes ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Because all that will accomplish is to further alienate the Muslim communities that exist within Europe and give the current recruiters more bodies to carry out thier attacks. Isolation is not the answer. 

If we could isolate Mr Bairn that would be a start.

1 minute ago, EdgarusQPFC said:

Perhaps not, but we'd be seen to be doing something. The recruiters wouldn't be able to get into the UK and potential recruits wouldn't get back in if they left to go to a training camp in Syria.

2 minutes ago, Mr Bairn said:

Perhaps not, but we'd be seen to be doing something. The recruiters wouldn't be able to get into the UK and potential recruits wouldn't get back in if they left to go to a training camp in Syria.

You do know that they have the internet too?

2 minutes ago, Mr Bairn said:

I agree that permanent bans for any extremist recruiters, those recruited would help, but a blanket ban for every Muslim when a very small percentage are in this category is hardly a solution

Archived