Lorry crash in Nice

G-MAN

Anyone heard any news on this ?

Sounds horiffic.

Lorry ploughed into crowds at Bastille Day celebrations.

Gunshots heard and many dead. At least 30 reported on French TV.

Just being reported on 5live now.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watching it on Sky News as the France Eng channel is reporting on anything else.  BBC only modestly.

For me France 24 is an outstanding channel when it comes to stuff like this.

They don't go in for the sensationalist approach of sky and the beeb. They report it with serious intent and don't fill the time with loop footage and constant repetition of witness statements.

Just now, pandarilla said:

For me France 24 is an outstanding channel when it comes to stuff like this.

They don't go in for the sensationalist approach of sky and the beeb. They report it with serious intent and don't fill the time with loop footage and constant repetition of witness statements.

France Eng was excellent during the Paris attacks as they only reported the facts and had no idiots on asking stupid questions or quoting celebs. Its currently covering Teresa May.

Down in Quillan mate far away from this. Watching French news. Was Bastille day today and we watched the parade here. Lots of people out enjoying themselves in cafés and bars. Places would have been mobbed. Appreciate your concern.

Wasn't Romeo from here away to Southern France a couple of days ago? 

Hopefully he isn't anywhere near this, I've just put France24 on and they aren't even reporting it. 

They're providing updates when they get new information - rather than just filling time. On these occasions you always end up getting stupid questions to random punters and quite often it's just speculation.

1 minute ago, Günther said:

Absolutely crazy stuff and really sad to watch! In the last 2 weeks or so that's 2 places I've been in the last 18 months that's been targeted... Istanbul Ataturk Airport and Nice, it was that Promonade I stayed and worked at and each evening went for a wonder along it. Really shows that this carry on is getting too close to home :(. It's awful seeing pictures of places I've recently been to but in a whole different light to the one I witnessed and cherished...

God old help those poor souls and their families tonight. 

Fort William is next.

Archived