Spartans vs Hibs (last night)

Grim O'Grady

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spartans only playing 1 up front doesn't work . Never worked last season & wont work this season

Finally someone saying what they really think.

I couldnt agree more with the quote, spartans continue to play 1 up top and it doesn't work. Took the young lad raiker off on sat coz it was the easy option. Greenhill, maxwell or hovis should have been taking off as they werent great. He takes off raiker and moved three players to keep his 1 up top when in reality he was chasing the game. If he kept broque upfront and put keith up along side him they would have went on to win the game even though it would have been a little harsh on ccs if they did but it wasn't working so change the formation to get a win. Not replace 1 up top for another as it never worked in the first place.

Spartans are far to soft and have too many players that go through the motions and aren't prepared to get wired in.. East kilbribe are favourites but ill be surprised if spartans even finish third.

2 minutes ago, Fortherecord said:

Finally someone saying what they really think.
I couldnt agree more with the quote, spartans continue to play 1 up top and it doesn't work. Took the young lad raiker off on sat coz it was the easy option. Greenhill, maxwell or hovis should have been taking off as they werent great. He takes off raiker and moved three players to keep his 1 up top when in reality he was chasing the game. If he kept broque upfront and put keith up along side him they would have went on to win the game even though it would have been a little harsh on ccs if they did but it wasn't working so change the formation to get a win. Not replace 1 up top for another as it never worked in the first place.

Spartans are far to soft and have too many players that go through the motions and aren't prepared to get wired in.. East kilbribe are favourites but ill be surprised if they even finish third.

How many Spartans matches have you been to this season FTR? 

Grimbo 

12 minutes ago, The Messiah said:

It's glaringly obvious Spartans need a striker or 2 and not a young lad on loan. If they can sign a decent striker then they have a chance with the league. But leave it too long and the league could be over by Xmas again. 

I never noticed ;)

We are not the only team looking for a decent striker (or two), I'm well aware that we have been looking for strikers since we sold Arron Murrell, also with Beefy only just coming back in, we have struggled to play a natural striker but let's be honest here after only 7 games (we've scored 17 goals without a striker) we are in 3rd position in the League, so don't write us off yet eh?

Grimbo

9 hours ago, Fortherecord said:

Just telling you how i seen it on sat grimbo

Just 1 match then, ok mate.

So you saw us score 2 goals & came away with a point from a team that had put 3 goals passed one of the other favourites to win the League?

Grimbo 

Just 1 match then, ok mate.

So you saw us score 2 goals & came away with a point from a team that had put 3 goals passed one of the other favourites to win the League?

Grimbo 

Very defensive Grimbo, i said from sat so i could have been at any games this season not just the one you think. I think its a fair reflection on the Spartans team.. 3 goals past the favourites? It was 8-3 and if you watch the highlights you'll notice that an under 8's team would have scored against east stirling that day.. Your point isn't justified..

34 minutes ago, Fortherecord said:

Very defensive Grimbo, i said from sat so i could have been at any games this season not just the one you think. I think its a fair reflection on the Spartans team.. 3 goals past the favourites? It was 8-3 and if you watch the highlights you'll notice that an under 8's team would have scored against east stirling that day.. Your point isn't justified..

I asked you how many times you've seen us play & you told me about Saturday's match, so I could only reply to you about that match, but Iif you've seen us play at the other matches you'd have a better understanding.. 

We know we are a striker short, we are trying to rectify it, we had 2 vital players who had played nearly every game so far missing on Saturday. 

Spartans are my team why wouldn't I defend them? Who are your team mate, I can't see it on my phone? 

Grimbo 

Grim I have been to every game bar one. We have scored a fair few goals but without a striker we will struggle. Agree what was said above about subs why does Samuel have to make 2 or 3 positional changes everytime he makes s sub. The players look confused. We have no plan B and apart from Greenhill no creative spark. To be fair our defence looks good but for the supposed big bucks he spent we are already 7 points behind ek 

3 minutes ago, pep said:

Grim I have been to every game bar one. We have scored a fair few goals but without a striker we will struggle. Agree what was said above about subs why does Samuel have to make 2 or 3 positional changes everyone he makes s sub. The players look confused. We have no plan B and apart from Greenhill no creative spark. To be fair our defence looks good but for the supposed big bucks he spent we are already 7 points behind ek 

I can't speak for Sammy about his subs, he's a decent bloke though so why don't you ask him? What I will say is that if he didn't make changes during a match he wouldn't last long as a manager. 

Surely you must rate Dishington as well as Greenhill, throw in to the mix Grinchy, Hovie, Beezer & the new lad Broque, we've plenty of creative sparks. I'd like to see a few more have a crack at goal, I sometimes feel we over play the ball but that just brings us back to what we already know that had we had a striker on a lot more of our chances made would be shots on target/goals rather than passes in & around the box? 

Grimbo 

I didn't say I didn't rate them however when Greenhill doesn't play we struggle. You watch the games we play one up front and it doesn't work. It didn't work with cloudy who was a strong powerful player. The new lad and Beezer are nowhere near that standard.  2 cups in 5 years he has lasted a long time with that kind of record 

2 minutes ago, pep said:

I didn't say I didn't rate them however when Greenhill doesn't play we struggle. You watch the games we play one up front and it doesn't work. It didn't work with cloudy who was a strong powerful player. The new lad and Beezer are nowhere near that standard. 

Who did we have play alongside Murrell last season? 

I love Cloudy, he's still doing what he did for us down at the Vale & fair play to him. But also the same question, mind when he was scoring in all those consecutive games a couple of seasons back, who was alongside him then? 

7 games in & in third, would I prefer 1st or 2nd of course but we could be in a lot worser position eh? We've yet to play the other "big" teams yet, let's wait & see how the season develops.  

Grimbo 

Crikey grim you are coming all Brendan Rogers. The point being cloudy and murrel were natural goalscorers. We have no one close to that standard. 

Admire your optimism but feel you are not willing to admit the true situation. 

See you under your tower ! 

4 minutes ago, pep said:

Crikey grim you are coming all Brendan Rogers. The point being cloudy and murrel were natural goalscorers. We have no one close to that standard. 

Admire your optimism but feel you are not willing to admit the true situation. 

See you under your tower ! 

I've got form, as I'm sure you must be aware, having spent my formative years & beyond on the Kippax & then the Colin Bell stand (insert comedy gold here). 

Since becoming a Spartans fan we've never finished outside the top 4, that equals Champions League to me. Haha. 

I sudpect you might be suffering from the man-yoo disease expecting glory every season, it's not going to happen. I even won't mind that when we do win promotion that we go through what Ed City are going through just now, it will only make us stronger but I can imagine what you & FTR will be saying, if you are still on the terraces with me or below my tower. 

Give us a wave on Saturday. Let's get behind our team & give our opponents the grilling.  

Grimbo 

Archived