League One Prediction 2016/17

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, car number 7 said:

The crowd was up on Saturday from the past 3 or 4 games,where are your figures from,I remember us getting about 400 in the old League 1 about 10 years ago when the likes of St Mirren and St Johnstone were in our League,the crowd on Saturday was 383.

Your picking one game out of about half a dozen , prior to this the home games that I attended the crowds had fallen , it was commented on by several fans on different forums and I think someone in the know said it had dropped by about 80.

but you'll know best as usual , well except your predictions 

8 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

Your picking one game out of about half a dozen , prior to this the home games that I attended the crowds had fallen , it was commented on by several fans on different forums and I think someone in the know said it had dropped by about 80.

but you'll know best as usual , well except your predictions 

Another prediction,you'll critisise Brian Reid after next Saturday.

2 hours ago, car number 7 said:

Another prediction,you'll critisise Brian Reid after next Saturday.

Why wouldn't any Stranraer fan critisise the manager of a team with such decent players when we are in such an unacceptable position in the league .

im genuinely interested in how you can be happy with what our manager has achieved this season , we are both Stranraer fans , myself for over 40 years so I've seen plenty of seasons much worse than this but not with such a good group of players and not on the back of 3 successive play off seasons.

do you not fear/worry what could happen to us if we go down a league , now is the time to try and stop that not in a months time when we are adrift at the bottom.

yes I will critisise anyone who appears to be failing at their job , if we agree that we have decent players then you must look elsewhere to find the problem .... I'm really interested on your view point as I'm certainly not the only one wanting our board to take action to try and get out of this mess.

1 hour ago, kvz2000 said:

Why wouldn't any Stranraer fan critisise the manager of a team with such decent players when we are in such an unacceptable position in the league .

im genuinely interested in how you can be happy with what our manager has achieved this season , we are both Stranraer fans , myself for over 40 years so I've seen plenty of seasons much worse than this but not with such a good group of players and not on the back of 3 successive play off seasons.

do you not fear/worry what could happen to us if we go down a league , now is the time to try and stop that not in a months time when we are adrift at the bottom.

yes I will critisise anyone who appears to be failing at their job , if we agree that we have decent players then you must look elsewhere to find the problem .... I'm really interested on your view point as I'm certainly not the only one wanting our board to take action to try and get out of this mess.

A prediction wrong again,it took you just 3 hours.

1 hour ago, east fife for life said:

Quite funny reading this. Stranraer and Peterhead the underachievers so far then?

Possibly. I don't think many of our fans are surprised at our season, maybe to the extent of our problems but we all knew what the problems were. Although I remember drawing parallels in the summer with the last time we were relegated. 

1 hour ago, car number 7 said:

A prediction wrong again,it took you just 3 hours.

I'll ask again ,mare you happy with our league position , I'll guess that's a no , so who do you hold responsible , the players ?

the manager ?

6 hours ago, kvz2000 said:

I understand your viewpoint but wonder if Raer have overachieved in the last three seasons and now some natural order is being resumed? Your group of players is decent but no better than the others in our division. Disposing of Reid: would that really improve things for you?

18 minutes ago, Piltanton blue said:

I quite agree bold rover our players are decent but we  have poor strikers and that's the problem.Sacking Reid is not the answer at this point of the season,but he needs to find two decent strikers ASAP.

Mark McGuigan not cutting it?

4 hours ago, Bold Rover said:

I understand your viewpoint but wonder if Raer have overachieved in the last three seasons and now some natural order is being resumed? Your group of players is decent but no better than the others in our division. Disposing of Reid: would that really improve things for you?

Your possibly right , the last three seasons have been fantastic for us and perhaps things had to get back to normal sometime, but for some reason our team with the same core group of players have stopped playing together and apart from Saturday when we still lost we have been rotten, can't believe all the players are having off days at the same time . His signings have been shocking and he seems to be unable to get players in at the right time , it could be a gamble bringing someone else in but it could be a bigger gamble not to. Time will tell and Saturday is a huge game for us and anything other than a win will see us in serious difficulties , even a draw will allow the teams above us to pull further away. I also think our squad is better than most in this league .

14 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

Your possibly right , the last three seasons have been fantastic for us and perhaps things had to get back to normal sometime, but for some reason our team with the same core group of players have stopped playing together and apart from Saturday when we still lost we have been rotten, can't believe all the players are having off days at the same time . His signings have been shocking and he seems to be unable to get players in at the right time , it could be a gamble bringing someone else in but it could be a bigger gamble not to. Time will tell and Saturday is a huge game for us and anything other than a win will see us in serious difficulties , even a draw will allow the teams above us to pull further away. I also think our squad is better than most in this league .

Better than us, Airdrie, Brechin or Alloa though? Even East Fife are up their with their 13 players.

17 minutes ago, kvz2000 said:

Success at our level is, generally, a cyclical thing. I actually thought Stranraer would have struggled last season - and was badly wrong. I expect Brian Reid is a difficult man but, if your players aren't working for him, I'd say that makes them a poorer squad than you perhaps believe.

Archived