Ripping off your club

greyman

.Net have got a thread in full flow just now about hibs taking action by having an exclusive gate for adult and child in the Famous Five. This has been to weed out the adults from screwing the club over for a few hundred quid by buying kids season tickets. Turned into quite a ding dong.

Is this kind of thing a problem at your own club or is everyone squeaky clean?

It's £25 for a kids ticket in the Famous Five. Seniors £200, student £160, child £135 and yoofs £160 other stands so a decent wedge can be lost to the club if you play the system.

I bought a season ticket at RP 2 years ago and they only took my first payment on deposit the day I filled my form in. I phoned them after they didn't take the direct debit after reading on a forum that a few people had similar issues.

I was asked to go see them and fill another form in which I did but they still haven't taken any money and no way was I chasing them again. Got my season ticket for about £65 that year which was about right for the quality of football I was forced to watch.

I've been using a long expired student card to get discounted entry into grounds all over Scotland for years now. I'll be doing it again on Saturday. Never had a pull yet, even when they take it and examine it, the fact it's years since it expired has never once been questioned.

2 hours ago, Sweet Pete said:

I've been using a long expired student card to get discounted entry into grounds all over Scotland for years now. I'll be doing it again on Saturday. Never had a pull yet, even when they take it and examine it, the fact it's years since it expired has never once been questioned.

I have my work card from when I worked at Aberdeen uni that I use for the same purpose. Not failed yet. And it expires in 2022. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, resk said:

I'd like to hear from all clubs in Scotland to confirm whether they have a zero tolerance policy on faking raffle results.

At the Welfare we usually get the ref to draw it on his way in at half time. 

Archived