Ayrshire 3rd Divison

bigbuff

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agree with sir Matt here. Moorpark poster who I think many know who you are, all this shite about stuff that happend will be kept to yourself shuts makes it worse. Why not come out and say the real reasons if it's lack of funds players not paying dues superstars losing interest manager  with lack of time you can tell the reason without dropping names in it.  Also not having a go at Moorpark only here but it does seem now a days it is pals/drink buddy's let's start a team then it's cpl of defeats,can't be fucked,it's pissing down etc so they rap if due to lack of players 

Most of what you have said is true apart from the parts where it was drinking buddies looking to start a team or manager with the lack of time. I was the manager. Have been there from the start. I can assure you that is most definitely not the case with myself. Its a full time job outside my own job. Part you missed out on is that trying to compete with 6 teams within 8-10 miles for players. West Kilbride, Kilbride Thistle, Ardrossan Castle Rovers, Ardeer West Recreation and Dirrans. The player pool is very small now. That is due to guys not wanting to play for various reasons like being bevvy merchants and taking sunday football more serious which i consider a complete joke. Also the fact that i had put a squad together and guys were being poached from every angle and a lot of the others being unreliable for training and games and they would not even text or call to say they wouldn't make it. There is a lot more to it that meets the eye. Having 5 signed players left this week was the final straw. Not a lot i could do personally after trying to get new guys to come in but they weren't interested either.

5 hours ago, Moorpark Thistle said:

Most of what you have said is true apart from the parts where it was drinking buddies looking to start a team or manager with the lack of time. I was the manager. Have been there from the start. I can assure you that is most definitely not the case with myself. Its a full time job outside my own job. Part you missed out on is that trying to compete with 6 teams within 8-10 miles for players. West Kilbride, Kilbride Thistle, Ardrossan Castle Rovers, Ardeer West Recreation and Dirrans. The player pool is very small now. That is due to guys not wanting to play for various reasons like being bevvy merchants and taking sunday football more serious which i consider a complete joke. Also the fact that i had put a squad together and guys were being poached from every angle and a lot of the others being unreliable for training and games and they would not even text or call to say they wouldn't make it. There is a lot more to it that meets the eye. Having 5 signed players left this week was the final straw. Not a lot i could do personally after trying to get new guys to come in but they weren't interested either.

I understand that the competition was there for you  and adding another team may have been ill advised given the number of teams in the area.

The association have an obligation to asses the viability of teams to have a reasonable longevity in the game, a bond would be a good way of doing this as it proves they are organised and committed. They appear to be failing in this respect due to the number of teams folding within 10 years of starting up.

As a young manager starting out at the bottom (Which makes a lot of sense) with such competition around you perhaps if you had an experienced committee around you they could have tempered your expectations and theirs?

I understand that the competition was there for you  and adding another team may have been ill advised given the number of teams in the area.

The association have an obligation to asses the viability of teams to have a reasonable longevity in the game, a bond would be a good way of doing this as it proves they are organised and committed. They appear to be failing in this respect due to the number of teams folding within 10 years of starting up.

As a young manager starting out at the bottom (Which makes a lot of sense) with such competition around you perhaps if you had an experienced committee around you they could have tempered your expectations and theirs?

Cant disagree at all with the point you are making. To be fair the committee around me couldn't have done anymore for me and the players off the park. Financially we were in very rude health due to the hard work of us all. Few mistakes here and there just the norm. There is nobody more disappointed than me from what has happened. To a point i have taken it badly. It was my team. My club. Put everything into it but ultimately i was really let down by the players i signed. In a way its possibly my own fault

How can people make assumptions of what went on at Moorpark Thistle on why they folded when they don't know the facts and to say it was down to a few boys in the pub starting a team is a joke. We decided to start the team up at the beginning of 14/15 season gave us a year to get funds etc in and fair to say we done well on that part it's the lack of boys in the area who don't want to play anymore and would rather go on the bevy from Friday to Sunday than rather play the game we all love and to say there should b a bond of roughly £1000 for new teams is a joke some teams struggle to pay match day expenses as it is never mind having to pay over £1000 b4 they can kick a fitbaw

Add Dalry into that pool of teams Moorpark Thistle 

1 hour ago, Kipper69 said:

How can people make assumptions of what went on at Moorpark Thistle on why they folded when they don't know the facts and to say it was down to a few boys in the pub starting a team is a joke. We decided to start the team up at the beginning of 14/15 season gave us a year to get funds etc in and fair to say we done well on that part it's the lack of boys in the area who don't want to play anymore and would rather go on the bevy from Friday to Sunday than rather play the game we all love and to say there should b a bond of roughly £1000 for new teams is a joke some teams struggle to pay match day expenses as it is never mind having to pay over £1000 b4 they can kick a fitbaw

Add Dalry into that pool of teams Moorpark Thistle 

If you can't raise a good amount of money to set up and enough cash to pay match day expenses then it's simple youre not well organised enough to be a club.

The club should be there long after any players or Manager, if it isn't set up using that model it doesn't really have a chance of surviving long term. £1000 is only about a quarter of what's needed for a season if training two nights. 

Feel it's a bit harsh on Moorpark heard of a lot of their boys going else where and as he says it's a small catchment area for so many teams. Good players want to play at a higher level and unfortunate they were in the bottom tier.

Coylton real contenders for 3rd division. 1st game at symington 7 starting players not available. Since then few scrappy games but came out on top. Saturday against stewarton things started to show on the park with good football and showed how dangerous we are going forward and could have been alot more than 5-2. Fair play to stewarton who showed up and made it tough. Few new faces aswell. Bring on Dalry!

Swore a wasn't Gonea post on this thread .... But feel I have too . Jesus I can't believe the stench I'm reading :.. A guy writing about coylton and players missing should hang his head in shame ... It 4th division football sir let's be honest coylton are fodder abso fodder couldn't make a player oot them if we tried 

53 minutes ago, dr lector said:

Swore a wasn't Gonea post on this thread .... But feel I have too . Jesus I can't believe the stench I'm reading :.. A guy writing about coylton and players missing should hang his head in shame ... It 4th division football sir let's be honest coylton are fodder abso fodder couldn't make a player oot them if we tried 

Think you'll find it's the 3rd division. you would think the title of the thread would give you a clue but then again..

Archived