Ayrshire 3rd Divison

bigbuff

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Been struggling for weeks now only so much you can do when there's no interest on & off field . 6 players turned up at meeting on Tuesday night . Not good it's come to this but it's happening far too often 

2 hours ago, dr lector said:

How many teams are left in that league? 

Sad times for the boys in the committee and the boys who wanted the team to continue. Ayrshire will have 3 leagues next year and down to 2 leagues in the next 5 year .

I think due to someone folding at start of season new Cumnock got put up to the 2nd don't know if struggling in that league has had an affect as they would of been one of favourites if still in 3rd. Think there's only 8 in the 3rd just now. Next year will be 12 16 16 id imagine depending on numbers 

2 minutes ago, AyrshireAmateur said:

No way will they have 12 16 16, 30 league games is viable

There's 2 leagues of 14 just now that'l play 26 league games so adding 2 more teams won't make a massive difference. If numbers stay the same which is highly unlikely what do you suggest. An 8 team bottom division is pathetic this season 

On ‎02‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 21:16, ayrshireTD said:

I can see ayrshire down to 2 divisions in about 4 years .
Sad times I heard the committee tried all they could to keep the club going, it's people like that you feel sorry for

It was the committee and there decisions that caused it, forcing NCA up a league because one of the teams from the 2nd Folded left us with 8 teams. NCA might have been able to keep going in a league where they could have been more competitive.

Aye, they hammered us on our last game of last season up there, was a decent crowd watching as well. Mental to think that 6 months later they have folded.

How many is that that have folded in leagues above? New Cumnock and Prestwick spring to mind, any others? Unless there's a whole load of new teams appear I can't see the 3rd division existing next year

It was the committee and there decisions that caused it, forcing NCA up a league because one of the teams from the 2nd Folded left us with 8 teams. NCA might have been able to keep going in a league where they could have been more competitive.

While I sympathise with nca I think this comment and the club liking this comment is a bit of a cop out! Not only were nca touted as potential winners of the 3rd division in the run up to the season they were also sitting 2nd top after two games after drawing with last seasons champions. I'm sure when the nca committee received that letter/phone call/ email telling them they could be promoted that they were delighted and after two games rubbing there hands together at what could be a decent season. A mix of losing gained points due to paperwork issues and local junior teams taking there players are more of a factor as to there demise rather than a promotion that they ACCEPTED! It's a shame what happened to nca but to blame ( and like ) promotion is a joke. Player commitment and loyalty is the issue

On 04/11/2016 at 12:57, bigbuff said:

yes commitment was the big issue give u that . 13th July we got told bout promotion by that time we had lost a lot of good players from the previous season who might of stayed if we were goin up earlier .we more or less had to start from scratch had 7 players from the previous season signed .and we were  sitting with 14 signed players right up untill start of season .great start after first 2 games but rapidly went down hill after that we struggled for a team for weeks and really done well to keep goin aslong  . 

As for the paperwork mix up that player in question shafted us big time but won't go there . 

Anyway its personaly gutting that it's over for us so not goin to say anymore on the matter . 

Archived