Ayrshire 3rd Divison

bigbuff

14 hours ago, Cultin loyal said:

Coylton real contenders for 3rd division. 1st game at symington 7 starting players not available. Since then few scrappy games but came out on top. Saturday against stewarton things started to show on the park with good football and showed how dangerous we are going forward and could have been alot more than 5-2. Fair play to stewarton who showed up and made it tough. Few new faces aswell. Bring on Dalry!

Seriously? how condescending to say fair play to Stewarton who turned up? lets throw your own comment back at you. The reason it was a 12;30ko (1pm cause nets not up) was because we couldn't field a team for 2pm and the league wouldn't budge. For various reasons I.e the summer sessions, work injury we were down to 4 players. Coylton agreed to move it to an earlier ko for which I'm grateful but we put that teams together in days. Our full midfield was missing bar 1 player. I never like making these comments but I personally dont predict where we will be at the end of the season. We finished bottom last year and totally revamped the team. Every game we have played apart from the Broomlands game IMO had luck etc went our way so would the result. However we keep plugging away but hopefully Coylton have that same sure attitude when they visit Stewarton.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Coylton AFC said:

Just for the record, whoever posted the above post with regards to us being title contenders has nothing to do with the club whatsoever. Anything Coylton related will be posted from this account only.

Exactly

Pipe doon Hannibal. Abso? Mare like asbo fur you ya abso pleb yee. You must be a superstar then. Majority o our team would take your position aff yee. Mind n brush your two teeth the night before bedtime [emoji4]

I'm sure dr lector is part of the mighty hurlford thistle so u might be wrong in that, having said that what an "abso" arrogant comment he has made!

I happen to know first had that hurlford have tried to recruit, on more than one occasion, from that "4th division" in the last 2 seasons.

I'm sure if it's good enough for pele and hughy to look for players then it should be good enough for lector, after all he is probably just one of they guys that hang around the outskirts of the committee like a bad smell trying to be noticed!

6 hours ago, eyeswideopen15 said:

I'm sure dr lector is part of the mighty hurlford thistle so u might be wrong in that, having said that what an "abso" arrogant comment he has made!

I happen to know first had that hurlford have tried to recruit, on more than one occasion, from that "4th division" in the last 2 seasons.

I'm sure if it's good enough for pele and hughy to look for players then it should be good enough for lector, after all he is probably just one of they guys that hang around the outskirts of the committee like a bad smell trying to be noticed!

Cheers for that assessment was spot on :whistle

if ma comment seemed arrogant and offended anyone then except ma apology ... 

The 3rd Division will be closer than you think, the midweek games are horrendous for any amateur team and to me it's not a reflection of how the season will pan out, I'm sure "cultin" will try and do their talking on the park, best of luck to the Stewarton boys as well, I know how hard they are working up their, decent bunch of boys as well.

Seriously? how condescending to say fair play to Stewarton who turned up? lets throw your own comment back at you. The reason it was a 12;30ko (1pm cause nets not up) was because we couldn't field a team for 2pm and the league wouldn't budge. For various reasons I.e the summer sessions, work injury we were down to 4 players. Coylton agreed to move it to an earlier ko for which I'm grateful but we put that teams together in days. Our full midfield was missing bar 1 player. I never like making these comments but I personally dont predict where we will be at the end of the season. We finished bottom last year and totally revamped the team. Every game we have played apart from the Broomlands game IMO had luck etc went our way so would the result. However we keep plugging away but hopefully Coylton have that same sure attitude when they visit Stewarton.

Like a said mate that post has nothing to do with our club we would never disrespect nor call out any club. We've been in this league long enough to know that anyone can beat anyone on the day. All the best for the season anyway

On ‎31‎/‎08‎/‎2016 at 07:49, Coylton AFC said:

Like a said mate that post has nothing to do with our club we would never disrespect nor call out any club. We've been in this league long enough to know that anyone can beat anyone on the day. All the best for the season anyway

Youse too mate

Saturday will be our 8th League game and were just into September. I believe we now have 21 league games as Moorpark folded so we will be more than a third through our fixtures in the first month. Ironically 3 home and 5 away so got a few home games to catch up on and considering we play mostly on astro our games are unlikely to be called off. I guess what I'm trying to say is seems stupid all those midweek fixtures for the 3rd division which only had 9 teams in it at start. Good chance we will have played 15/16 league games before Christmas. 4 cups so min 4 games. Looks like we could be finished by March.

Hopefully the league reviews the whole thing and does away with the 3rd division and make it 3 bigger leagues. We had 12 teams for Christ sake then because one folded in league above they automatically promoted NCA who are struggling. 3rd division is nothing to them IMO. 3 bigger leagues less cups be better for everyone.

Surely the league can't just stop midweek games for the full league coz stewarton play on Astro. teams like dalry might need to play as many midweek games due to possible cup runs, or minishant due to struggling to get games played at home in winter. I agree with the rest. Nca/ Dean should never have been promoted. Especially after it being agreed by 100% of members that's no one to be promoted after league formation meeting. That was down to a loop hole I hear

I wonder if they would entertain a top 4, bottom 4 play off scenario to extend the season a bit ie 3 games, just thinking out loud and haven't thought about the permutations but as you say 21 games is poor and looking further into it, it means if you finish in say March it's a nightmare to keep boys together and interested until July pre season

Problem is tho, from What I heard, is that there wasn't a decision to be made, the rule ( voted in by all clubs) was being enforced by Dean ams. meaning it wasn't an opinion based decision. It was a case of dean have found a loophole in the sense that this rule won't be able to be taken out the rule book until the coming summer, if the bigwigs didnt allow it, Dean will win an appeal by simply pointing to the associations own rules. I'll take a guess that it won't be allowed to happen again anytime soon!

Archived