Ayrshire 3rd Divison

bigbuff

If your a founder member it's more your club than there's so why not continue your hard work and ditch the c***s that think there superstars and try just keep a team together few young boys a few old heads who are in football just to enjoy it on a Saturday instead of thinking there this and that. Is there a committee in place or did you do most of it yourself 

We have been struggling to field a team never mind fill a bench. I have even had to start the 1st 2 games and come on as a sub last night as well. 1 massive problem is that there is not a lot of players available in the area. We face competition from the likes of West Kilbride, Kilbride Thistle, Ardrossan Castle Rovers, Ardeer West Recreation, Dirrans and even Dalry. 7 amateur teams in the space of 6-7 miles of 1 another. The pool of players is very small and there isn't a lot of guys who want to play amateur football anymore.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Moorpark Thistle said:

We have been struggling to field a team never mind fill a bench. I have even had to start the 1st 2 games and come on as a sub last night as well. 1 massive problem is that there is not a lot of players available in the area. We face competition from the likes of West Kilbride, Kilbride Thistle, Ardrossan Castle Rovers, Ardeer West Recreation, Dirrans and even Dalry. 7 amateur teams in the space of 6-7 miles of 1 another. The pool of players is very small and there isn't a lot of guys who want to play amateur football anymore.

40 minutes ago, Moorpark Thistle said:

Before anyone jumps to conclusions or the rumour mill starts i will set the record straight. I have decided to walk away from the club for a number of reasons. A lot of the guys i signed during pre season have let me down badly with not turning up to training and games. A lot of the time i never even received a text or call to let me know. They are not the only guilty ones for that i will add. The respect from players to myself was a bit of a joke. They didn't listen to instructions and played on the park as individuals and not as a team or unit. In it for themselves and not wanting to take constructive criticism or take the blame for their mistakes. Instead they would look to blame others and give the sidelines a mouthful. Too many need an arm round them and told how good they are. f**k sake its amateur football. A real mans game. Cant be having to do that week in week out. All these issues have been on going from last season so it has nothing to do with having a horrid start to the season. There was only so much i could take in the end and last night at Symington it came to a head for me. I have to walk away for my own sake as it was affecting life away from the club which is not right. It the club goes to the wall there will be nobody else more gutted than myself as i was a founder member and have gave a hell of a lot to the cause. Put a lot of hard work in and made a lot of sacrifices like any other guy in my position would do at any club. I hope someone can come in and prevent it from happening. A new start is what the club needs to get itself together.

Sorry to read this mate. Seems to be getting harder to run teams these days, if it's affecting life away from the pitch get out , leave the prima donnas to deal with it themselves 

Before anyone jumps to conclusions or the rumour mill starts i will set the record straight. I have decided to walk away from the club for a number of reasons. A lot of the guys i signed during pre season have let me down badly with not turning up to training and games. A lot of the time i never even received a text or call to let me know. They are not the only guilty ones for that i will add. The respect from players to myself was a bit of a joke. They didn't listen to instructions and played on the park as individuals and not as a team or unit. In it for themselves and not wanting to take constructive criticism or take the blame for their mistakes. Instead they would look to blame others and give the sidelines a mouthful. Too many need an arm round them and told how good they are. f**k sake its amateur football. A real mans game. Cant be having to do that week in week out. All these issues have been on going from last season so it has nothing to do with having a horrid start to the season. There was only so much i could take in the end and last night at Symington it came to a head for me. I have to walk away for my own sake as it was affecting life away from the club which is not right. It the club goes to the wall there will be nobody else more gutted than myself as i was a founder member and have gave a hell of a lot to the cause. Put a lot of hard work in and made a lot of sacrifices like any other guy in my position would do at any club. I hope someone can come in and prevent it from happening. A new start is what the club needs to get itself together.

Really sorry to read this. Played you guys twice last season and you were a great bunch! Hope the remaining committee can keep the club going and I hope you find yourself back in the game soon enough.

All the best to yourself and moorpark mate

Not good if you guys fold for yourselves or the league. We have not had the best of results but we have a young team I'm more than confident we will come good. Apart from Broomlands I believe the other 2 defeats on another day could have went the other way. This is a very competitive league possibly the most competitive for promotion in years. Perhaps we are lucky in that we dont have any pre-madonnas, in the games weve played and the knowledge I have of our own players i would say IMO there is not much of a gap and I believe that gap will reduce during season.

Games involving our teams whats the predictions:

Darvel v Kilbride Th

Dalry v Moorpark

Symington v Stewarton Annick

Mauchline v Broomlands

Crosshouse v Glenburn

Dailly v Coylton

Hurlford Th v Minishant

Can probably predict that 2 or 3 of our boys will get miraculously called in to work at the last minute and have to miss playing Hurlford away in the rain..

Hurlford are the type of teams you want to be playing in my opinion, people who shrug off those games shouldn't be playing imo

16 hours ago, Moorpark Thistle said:

As of tonight Moorpark Thistle have decided to fold. Would like to wish all the clubs all the very best for the rest of the season emoji106.pngemoji106.png

Very early to rap it is it not?

The Association should take a substantial bond from any new teams and pay it back after 20 years in existence, too many teams formed quickly and folded quickly, those players could be playing for teams with hard working committees and this 3-4 teams a year folding would be brought to an end.

A substantial financial buy in would put an end to that and allow only committed well organised new teams that could raise finances join the league, would put an end to flash in the pan stuff like Moorpark, KSC, Broomfield probably another 20+ others last 10 years.

Players would still want to play the game and would just do it with existing clubs.

The Association should take a substantial bond from any new teams and pay it back after 20 years in existence, too many teams formed quickly and folded quickly, those players could be playing for teams with hard working committees and this 3-4 teams a year folding would be brought to an end.

A substantial financial buy in would put an end to that and allow only committed well organised new teams that could raise finances join the league, would put an end to flash in the pan stuff like Moorpark, KSC, Broomfield probably another 20+ others last 10 years.

Players would still want to play the game and would just do it with existing clubs.

I agree with u in a sense, too many teams over last few years chick it when not going their way, dreghorn springs to my mind, made a decent charge up the leagues and as soon as it got tough for them they throw it all away.

On the other hand we should never discourage new teams from joining the amateurs.

Listen call us whatever you like. You do not have a clue to what has been going on. Most of it will be staying in house as it is not for social media. It was not for the want of trying put it that way. You dont go out your way to get new tracksuits, bags, training kits, training equipment, 2 brand new sets of strip for it all to work out like this. Dont judge when you dont know what has happened or is going on

50 minutes ago, Sir Matt Le Tiss said:

Who the hell do you think you are making statements like that? You have no idea what may or may not been going on at Moorpark or any other club for that matter. Pipe down 

4 hours ago, CFCbhoy said:

Who the hell do you think you are making statements like that? You have no idea what may or may not been going on at Moorpark or any other club for that matter. Pipe down 

wasnt targeting Moorpark specifically just think from here on in we need to make it harder than a few guys in a local pub deciding that they can run a football team. It's been proven time and time again that they can't. As the Moorpark guy said its not through lack of effort that they have failed so IN MY OPINION you should need to put up a bond to prove competence as an organisation and that you are willing to commit to the long term.

I'm fairly sure that if push came to shove they could have fielded a team and kept going, it might have been a really bad one and a totally different season from what they expected but that's what an amateur team has to do sometimes to get going and survive thereafter.  To come on saying you managed to get strips trackies bags and training gear but not a team just reinforces my argument, sorry if it's not what you want to hear and again I'm not specifically citing Moorpark only responding to your comments based on my point above. 

Agree with sir Matt here. Moorpark poster who I think many know who you are, all this shite about stuff that happend will be kept to yourself shuts makes it worse. Why not come out and say the real reasons if it's lack of funds players not paying dues superstars losing interest manager  with lack of time you can tell the reason without dropping names in it.  Also not having a go at Moorpark only here but it does seem now a days it is pals/drink buddy's let's start a team then it's cpl of defeats,can't be fucked,it's pissing down etc so they rap if due to lack of players 

Agree with the posts above , don't think sir Matt had a pop earlier at moor park . What he says is correct a bond in the region - £1000 and above might stop the knee jerk reaction of guys chucking the towel in !! Maybe it would mean guys getting someone else in at the healm and taking a few beatings so be it.... Build recover go again !! The Ayrshire 3rd division now a 8 team Leauge not good , if the whispers are true there could be a team in the premier and first division on the brink of folding . 

Maybe a total revamp next season of the Leauges might help. 3 divisions next year :)

2 hours ago, dr lector said:

Agree with the posts above , don't think sir Matt had a pop earlier at moor park . What he says is correct a bond in the region - £1000 and above might stop the knee jerk reaction of guys chucking the towel in !! Maybe it would mean guys getting someone else in at the healm and taking a few beatings so be it.... Build recover go again !! The Ayrshire 3rd division now a 8 team Leauge not good , if the whispers are true there could be a team in the premier and first division on the brink of folding . 

Maybe a total revamp next season of the Leauges might help. 3 divisions next year :)

Yeah 100% agree with you, like you said no offence intended 

Archived