Ayrshire 3rd Divison

bigbuff

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, Hursty said:

To the guy from
Stewarton Annick that started the thread - your boys are welcome back to the Market Inn in Ayr after the game at Minishant on Saturday. Cheers

you can guarantee we will be there mate

Stewarton annick 3 v 3 Fenwick Ams. Playing a team 2 divisions above should always be tough but Stewarton quickly need to learn to close out games. Started with the strongest 11 yet and went 2-0 up. Changes in 2nd half and the shape dropped for 20 mins although that's not a slant on the boys that came on that just happens sometimes. A lack of concentration then a misplaced pass allowed Fenwick back into the game at 2-2. Stewarton then went ahead again with Sinclairs 2nd of the night. 2 mins to go and a cross into the box a header back across and the unmarked Fenwick player nodded home from the goal line (offside???). Stewarton went back up the park to score just before the final whistle but the referee deemed it offside. Spoils were shared.

The ex Boys Club players are slowly getting to grips with the amateur game so hopefully we can start the league campaign off with a flyer against a tough opposition in Minishant away. Dalry and Moorpark I believe are installed as favourites I haven't seen Moorpark posting any results although Dalrys look impressive. However ive been too long in this game to base a season on pre-season results so it could get interesting. Only team weve played in our league was Darvel we lost 3-1 but IMO game could have went either way. In the boy Dunnigan they have a match winner by himself.

I'm sure every team will be giving there all this season.

5-4 defeat for us today at home to Stewarton. From our point of view, I think we should have won that game based on the general play and chances missed etc, but on the other hand the start we had (0-3 after about 15 mins) was embarrassing, especially as one of the back 4! Stewarton were clinical in front of goal as well, so it's hard to argue too much.

Was probably a good game to watch as a neutral but a sickener to lose haha. All the best to them, seemed a decent bunch of lads and came back for a pint too which is nice, not many do!

Coylton then Moorpark at home for us Wed / Sat, that will be the park fucked until March after that haha.

Archived