Ayrshire 3rd Divison

bigbuff

As usual a thread that was started for the right reasons descends into pish. Who are all your teams playing tomorrow. Ochiltree v Stewarton Annick for us. Another tough game in a somewhat chaotic pre-season. Trying to improve a team is tough enough but rebuilding a new one is murder lol. No doubt playing in the 3rd division makes it harder to attract players but were getting there.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We start our annual preseason tournament tomorrow, our first game sees us playing Mill Utd from Hamilton, a good bunch of lads that we have a good relationship with after playing them in a west tie 2 seasons ago. The other 2 teams involved are Bellfield Lochan and Cumnock Ams, both games are 2pm kick off at Lindsay Park, Crosshouse

Also Stewarton Annick looking for a goalkeeper. We are drafting keepers to help at the moment but require one asap if anyone knows one or if you could pass my details on. 07949 025 635 Boab. Outfield squad looking healthy with a few returning from holidays.

So how we all feeling? Playing each other 3 times surely, don't think it's been confirmed though: who's all on here. Got Dalry? Crosshouse, Minishant, Stewarton so far I think. Haven't seen anyone from the others?

Edit - seen moorpark and Coylton mentioned but don't know if anyone one here is from them.

Broomlands .... Symington, Darvel?

Moorpark Thistle are on here.

Playing each other 3 times has its good points and bad points. Its good that there will be more games but then it creates another problem. What if, say for example, Crosshouse Waverley and Dalry are going for the league title and Crosshouse need to travel there twice? They would probably see that as an injustice and they wouldn't be happy with it and see it as an unfair advantage for Dalry. Im not for 1 minute saying it will be between these 2 sides. Just using them as an example. Anyway the Ayrshire AFA are leaving it late to decide as the season is 13 days away and still no word on fixtures.

Noticed on a few threads that someone has been bad mouthing a guy who is heavily involved at our club. Some people need to really get their facts sorted out before spouting shit on here. Way off the mark with it

How is everybody getting on in preseason? ive never seen nothing like it coming back into the amateur ranks and discovering the lack of commitment from players to make training etc so far we have binned 4 as I'm used to total commitment. We can excuse holidays but Jesus our players must have all got together and said lets all go away in groups of fours and at different times. Yet to have anywhere near full squad available for training or games. Work? well you cant help that. Other excuses are in abundance lol. Admittedly I like everything to be structured and organised I personally dont think it should matter what division you play in the jersey is there to be played for IMO.

I haven't played amateur in 12yr and only ever played for my local team but I never missed a game or training session for anything other than holiday or illness. Things have changed and its that that I'm struggling with.

How is everybody getting on in preseason? ive never seen nothing like it coming back into the amateur ranks and discovering the lack of commitment from players to make training etc so far we have binned 4 as I'm used to total commitment. We can excuse holidays but Jesus our players must have all got together and said lets all go away in groups of fours and at different times. Yet to have anywhere near full squad available for training or games. Work? well you cant help that. Other excuses are in abundance lol. Admittedly I like everything to be structured and organised I personally dont think it should matter what division you play in the jersey is there to be played for IMO.

I haven't played amateur in 12yr and only ever played for my local team but I never missed a game or training session for anything other than holiday or illness. Things have changed and its that that I'm struggling with.

To be fair on Saturday there that was the 1st time we have struggled to get a squad together for either training or a game due to work commitments or holidays. We have been quite lucky in that regards. I know what you mean though as it happened to us all last season and its frustrating. I couldn't put out the same front 2 pairing 2 weeks in a row never mind the same team. The mindset of players is totally different from 10 years ago. Some think they are better than what they are and take the huff far too easily. The way things are just now at our club is night and day compared to last season. Hopefully stays that way throughout the season.

Same for us at the Shant - summed up against Moorpark last season when we won 4-1 up there then planned the same team in the reverse fixture the following week, think there were 3 called off on the day and 1 just didn't turn up, lost 5-0.

Not saying we would have won the second game with the full squad btw, but just sums up the problem

Moorpark Thistle are on here.

Playing each other 3 times has its good points and bad points. Its good that there will be more games but then it creates another problem. What if, say for example, Crosshouse Waverley and Dalry are going for the league title and Crosshouse need to travel there twice? They would probably see that as an injustice and they wouldn't be happy with it and see it as an unfair advantage for Dalry. Im not for 1 minute saying it will be between these 2 sides. Just using them as an example. Anyway the Ayrshire AFA are leaving it late to decide as the season is 13 days away and still no word on fixtures.

Noticed on a few threads that someone has been bad mouthing a guy who is heavily involved at our club. Some people need to really get their facts sorted out before spouting shit on here. Way off the mark with it

I know it's not Bennetts fault he thinks he's a wrestler lay off him guys [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Looking on as a neutral I have saw Dalry and Moorpark in pre-season and Dalry look way stronger, got very experienced players in middle of the park and good strikers who will score plenty,maybe no the strongest at the back tho and can see some high scoring games involving them.

Archived