Football documentary

locheedfcno1

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I watched one called Goal! about a young lad from LA who gets spotted by a scout and ends up at Newcastle United. 

I watched Goal III - a story that the young lad from LA ends up getting a cameo in

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I watched one called Goal! about a young lad from LA who gets spotted by a scout and ends up at Newcastle United. 

2 hours ago, Marr1 said:

I watched Goal III - a story that the young lad from LA ends up getting a cameo in

Have you guys seen Goal II? A lad gets a move to Real Madrid with his pal and they win the Champions League. Heartwarming stuff, seems so unlikely to be true! You'd think it was a film. 

3 minutes ago, Killiesquirrel said:

Have you guys seen Goal II? A lad gets a move to Real Madrid with his pal and they win the Champions League. Heartwarming stuff, seems so unlikely to be true! You'd think it was a film. 

Sounds good but for a more gritty feel, check out one called Jossy's Giants. 

1 hour ago, Killiesquirrel said:

Yes, I saw it at the DCA in Dundee; amazing that a football documentary got a cinematic release

"I Believe in Miracles" about the rise of Notts Forest under Brian Clough. Tremendous viewing, if only for the madman that is Kenny Burns.

Might still be kicking about the demand service if you have BT Sport.

Agree with this. Excellent viewing.

9 hours ago, Marr1 said:

The producers did well to get an appearance from the usually media shy Mike Ashley in that documentary.

Started a thread on these a few months back, but the Football Outposts by BT are a good watch:

Episode 1 is about UK sides:

Episode 2 features European sides:

There was a new one around the time I started the old thread focusing on teams when they were 'giants' but can't find it on YouTube unfortunately.

• 3 weeks later...

They made a documentary about that time Jim Royle got the England job, still find it hard to believe that actually happened!

Not a football documentary, but Red Army is one of the best sports related documentaries I've seen. About the Russian ice hockey team during the days of communism. Very, very interesting regardless of if you have any interest in hockey or not. The full thing is on Netflix just now.

If you haven't seen the BBC Documentary from a few years back it is well worth watching. Football and Fascism - looks at pre WWII situation in Italy , Germany and Spain as well as the origins of the Barcelona v Real Madrid rivalry - excellent stuff. Having difficulty posting a link but it's easy enough to find on You Tube.

Archived