Android App Updated 5.0.22 Released on Google Play

Our Android App has had a major overhaul. Latest release is v5.0.22 and it is now live on Google Play.

If you are outside the UK it may take another hour or so for the new release to appear in your Play store but it will be there at some point today as I've maked it for immediate release.

3 hours ago, mrcat1990 said:

Bit odd but whenever I enter a thread for the first time it auto jumps to the last post? Bit of a pain.

If you go to the homepage of the forums on the app click the little three line menu (top left Android, top right iOS)

Android

Click Settings
Edit Discussion View
Under Loading Behavior you can choose Jump to Original Post, Jump to First Unread or Jump to Most Recent
I guess yours is set to Jumo to Most Recent at the moment

iOS

Click Settings
Under Discussion View click Read Order
You can choose Latest Post, First Unread, Oldest Post or Always Ask Me

Hopefully that helps mate.

If you go to the homepage of the forums on the app click the little three line menu (top left Android, top right iOS)

Android

Click Settings

Edit Discussion View

Under Loading Behavior you can choose Jump to Original Post, Jump to First Unread or Jump to Most Recent

I guess yours is set to Jumo to Most Recent at the moment

iOS

Click Settings

Under Discussion View click Read Order

You can choose Latest Post, First Unread, Oldest Post or Always Ask Me

Hopefully that helps mate.

Nope it's set to First Unread.

4 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Revamped app looks and feels good. Don't like the picture preview for the threads though as it increases the amount of scrolling to find other threads. Also can't see a notifications section?

I was the same but you can remove the pictures to go back to the original layout. Click the 3 lines top left on homepage, then 'settings' and click 'edit discussion card' and remove 'Show picture preview'.

30 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

The dark mode I put on. I quite like it apart from not being able to see the username . It's hard to see who has sent the post

I agree the username needs to be a lighter colour  

It's still painfully slow for me, and there's still no 'view original' function to be seen on a quoted post. Also unable to give negative reps. Iron out those issues and it has the potential to be a significant upgrade on the last version. I particularly like being able to upload images more efficiently and without the 'attached thumbnail' bit.

Likewise I'm still not getting notifications. After the site upgrade I stopped getting them on the app, so deleted and reinstalled as it had been updated and still no notifications, and now I've updated it to this 5.02 version there are still none. Have checked all relevant settings.

Bit odd but whenever I enter a thread for the first time it auto jumps to the last post? Bit of a pain.

Any update on this?

I'm set to 'first unread' on the ios app but, well, it ain't jumping to first unread.

Any update on this?

I'm set to 'first unread' on the ios app but, well, it ain't jumping to first unread.

Div is on holiday.
Think he deserves it after the upgrade. Hopefully all issues will be resolved soon

Still nothing :(.

Also, I find it extremely annoying that everytime I leave the app - when I return I'm back on the home page. I'd prefer to remain on the page I left before. Makes it a real pain in the arse when I'm writing a comment and quickly want to check the internet for something - perhaps to post a picture for example.