Friendly results

teddybearsws

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, HurlfordAFC said:

Aye fell behind to a misplaced back pass in Kilbride's first foray up the park! Were still controlling the game despite that. Then gifted another in the closing minutes. If my analogy is wrong then do tell lol? 

Your " analogy " is wrong as yous fell behind with a missed place backpass but fell behind never the less therefore never controlled the game from start to finish. 

Seen them myself often and they were poor. Will never do anything playing the same pals all the time as they have done for at least 4year

That doesn't say much for Ayrshire football when they finished 5th in the premier last season

20 minutes ago, Cheggers84 said:

That doesn't say much for Ayrshire football when they finished 5th in the premier last season

It certainly doesn't as has been discussed on threads on here recently, but I'm not just going on last season as I stated they've been poor for a few years and survived by the skin of there teeth a few times and I feel they have been poor to watch 

You're entitled too your opinion meddaboy but some of what you say is false or inaccurate. IE "Will never do anything playing the same pals"

Since I took over Winlinton, to date 12 players have left the club. Only 2 players played every game last season.

4 players we signed last season were regular starters in the team, 2 of those new boys won club awards like POTY, PP etc.

Last season, apart from Hurlford we took points off every other team in the Premier league and finished 5th, got to the 1/4s of the Ayrshire Cup and James Scott. We've never claimed to be a great team and the boys are fully aware they have to work for every result, we'll never be a team who just turns up and rolls teams over. The squad itself is still very young in amateur terms.

Saying the Irvine Town result was a poor result is disrespectful to Irvine Town, I didn't see anyone coming on here being concerned about us when we beat Hurlford AFC or East Kilbride from the Central Premier league, it's pre-season don't read in to things too much.

Yes we could get relegated out a tough Premier League this season but out with Shortlees and Hurlford anyone could go down. 

Ive probably went on a bit ha but I thought I had to come on and defend a hard working group of young players an a honest amatuer club who turns up every season an gives it their best.

Best of luck everyone for the coming season.

On 24 July 2016 at 22:23, meddabhoy said:

It certainly doesn't as has been discussed on threads on here recently, but I'm not just going on last season as I stated they've been poor for a few years and survived by the skin of there teeth a few times and I feel they have been poor to watch 

The skin of their teeth? Since promotion they have finished 5th,5th,9th and 5th. For someone who watches the wolves like u say u do u don't really seem to kno much 

On 24 July 2016 at 21:15, The Mouth said:

Your " analogy " is wrong as yous fell behind with a missed place backpass but fell behind never the less therefore never controlled the game from start to finish. 

Sorry bud I stand corrected. Thanks for taking the time to put me right, it was only 88 and a half minutes we were in control for. Please accept my apologies 

19 hours ago, HurlfordAFC said:

Sorry bud I stand corrected. Thanks for taking the time to put me right, it was only 88 and a half minutes we were in control for. Please accept my apologies 

88 and a half minutes yes. The hole game no ;)

21 hours ago, HurlfordAFC said:

Because I have attention defecit dissorder

1 minute ago, The Mouth said:

Because I have attention defecit dissorder

Pmsl I have just seen on another thread what club you are connected with so not making sense? So you hate them as much as the mighty lees too then do you hehe? The lees are coming to get you lololol

Archived