Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

Highlight so far, after getting smoked by the legendary bear, I ran across a gold prospector. He gave me some attitude but I just stood there watching him. After about 2 minutes he started dancing about because he found a nugget. I promptly dismembered him with the shotgun and took his nugget.

How do I find the legendary bear again, and also, how do I kill the b*****d? He ruined me with ease

Highlight so far, after getting smoked by the legendary bear, I ran across a gold prospector. He gave me some attitude but I just stood there watching him. After about 2 minutes he started dancing about because he found a nugget. I promptly dismembered him with the shotgun and took his nugget.

How do I find the legendary bear again, and also, how do I kill the b*****d? He ruined me with ease

I also got ruined first time I saw bear. He will be in same valley as last time. You start at bottom looking for clues using dead eye, after 2 or 3, you will see him wandering about further up slope. I sniped him in the head 3 times using dead eye, twice while he charged.

Back up to same area and follow the clues, I had cover scent so it was easy, got on top of a rock and got him from a distance didn't have a clue where I was coming from.

After speaking to my mate Lichtie78 it seems like I've got about 10 more missions to go to complete the full thing. Gutted. ☹️

With going back to what I said earlier about the map opening up I reckon there's about 20 missions in the epilogue where map opens up. Considering the size of it it seems like there's still something to come. Would seem like a total waste, especially considering the fact you are introduced to 3 new gangs after the map opens up. I dunno how long it would take you to get from the very furthest point South on the new map to somewhere like Annesburg but it would be some trek.

It is only now that I realise I've been using the War Horse since that mission to take the black Shire horse to the Valentine stables with Hosea. Given the fact that horse death is permanent in the game I was petrified to use it. Didn't realise they'd changed the look as I was expecting the black horse with white mane and tail look like the first Red Dead Redemption... might look for another horse soon that I won't be as gutted about to lose if it does die

It is only now that I realise I've been using the War Horse since that mission to take the black Shire horse to the Valentine stables with Hosea. Given the fact that horse death is permanent in the game I was petrified to use it. Didn't realise they'd changed the look as I was expecting the black horse with white mane and tail look like the first Red Dead Redemption... might look for another horse soon that I won't be as gutted about to lose if it does die
I was in exactly the same boat. I'd be incredibly annoyed if it did die though especially since I paid for it with actual real life money!

Had a proper game breaking glitch last night.  On a mission with Dutch and Bill and some other guy to round up some Moonshiners.  Bill and I went off to get two whilt the other pair went off the other way.  Got to the first one and Bill asks if he should do it or if I want to take the guy out.  I tell him to do it, but the way Arthur is positioned, I'm in his way.  Bill sort of shuffles about a bit then stays still.  Meanwhile, the guy he's to go an lamp suddenly cries out and falls over like he's been skelped by a ghost.  

I chuckled at that and went off to get the other guy.  Did that and brought him back to the cart, but keep getting a message saying to "wait for your friends at the cart".  Dutch and the other guy are standing there already but Bill is still hunkered down next to the riverbank and won't move, no matter how much I shoot round about him or run into him.

I probably could have failed the mission by running off too far or finding a way to get myself killed but it was late and I just turned it off and will load up from the last autosave point the next time I turn it on.

Why is everyone calling their horse My Lovely Horse?
Mine is called My Lovely War Horse. I've recently acquired another horse which has started following me around. I've yet to name it. It's white with black spots so Dot would seem appropriate.

Mine is called My Lovely War Horse. I've recently acquired another horse which has started following me around. I've yet to name it. It's white with black spots so Dot would seem appropriate.
Called it Captain Dandy.

The only small glitch I've had is in Valntine.  I gave the drunk old war veteran guy money to go for a beer and followed him up the road an made sure he was actually spending it on beer and not wasting it on food.  Anyway I got to the bar and followed him in and he was standing at the bar drinking from an imaginary.  I wasn't sure if it was a glitch or the guy was just too drunk and thought he was drinking something.  I then noticed the clink of the "glass" when he put his hand down to the table so it must have been a glitch.   It made me laugh that my initial thought was that he was just too drunk and din't know what he was doing.  Shows how good the game is.  

I'm onto my second horse after the first horse (also called My Lovely Horse) had a slight issue with a train, a pretty heart wrenching incident as I had recently achieved top bonding with the horse. It happened in the marshes north of Saint Denis so was not too far too walk back, but since it was my first time in the marshes I wasn't too keen to hang around and with the light fading, I removed my saddle and started to walk back into town

I was hoping for a least a stagecoach to pass me by in the hope to get a lift back and purchase another horse (trying to play as honorable as possible on this play through), instead it was a single guy on a horse who passed me by, I call out hoping I could hitch a lift but as I called out to him he slumped off the horse dead.  The horse meanwhile continues to trot off, but decides to take a left and head onto the train tracks.   I drop the saddle by the dead guy and go off to calm down the hose before I witness another one sided fight with a train. 

The b*****ding thing kept wondering off as soon as I got remotely close enough to have the calm option come up as selectable, and as it was trotting constantly I had to run which just spooked it more and this cycle.  Finally got it calmed enough after about  5 mins and headed back to where my saddle was, fully expecting the body to have despawned by the time I got back, but it was still there which is fucking amazing considering it wasn't a plot device, and after looting the body I got the standard stuff while the old saddle was 3 gold teeth......I ask no questions and fenced those off asap.

The world just feels alive, I don't mind the amount of traveling I need to do (may chance on a 2nd play through) and the range of different experience players could have is vast, I don't think many others would have the above scenario happening to them (manly because of stupidity on this players actions)

4 minutes ago, Dave1875 said:

Think it’s Ultimate Edition that get Online Beta today

Correct, if you played it on launch day you can play it tomorrow. If you played it on the weekend immediately after launch you can play it on Thursday and for everybody else its Friday.