Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

Every time I jump on this I'm blown away for a good half hour by the world and the graphics. You almost feel unappreciative of it when you get too used to it and just find yourself stopping admiring the world.

Also constantly on edge as something literally comes up on nearly every single journey I go on. I'd gotten comfy with killing attacking wolves until tonight when a pack of fucking 8 jumped me at the lake not far from the legendary bear area. Middle of the night, moonlight, heard the howling and seen them up ahead it sort of just dawned on me that I was fucked and just tried to make sure my glorious black Arabian horse got out of there.

Not sure if animals can kill your horse though?

About 70 percent complete on the story

I've played so much and completed so little - somewhere around 20% of the story. 

Last night I found myself in a bit of a pickle after stopping for a game of domino's at Emerald Station and not hitching my horse. I finished the game and won the $2 only to find my unhitched horse had been run over by a train. 

Spent the subsequent 2 hours doing precisely nothing other than roaming the grizzlies on a stolen horse, on the hunt for the White Arabian and just admiring the sheer brilliance of the game. The stolen horse was terrible and scared of water so I threw a stick of dynamite at it. 

I was then stranded in the far North West of the map with no winter clothes, no horse, and had to abandon my saddle as it was stopping me from moving at more than a light jog.

Note: You can't outrun packs of wolves on foot in the dark and there are no stray horses up in the snow. 

Would a badass such as Arthur really follow an utter bellend such DVL?

Dutch has basically groomed them all though hasn't he. Arthur is mid 30s (when you go fishing on one of the missions they refer to him being 20/21 and it was about 15 years ago) and imagine Dutch is about mid to late 40s.

I think the task that's caused me most grief has been the shoot 5 birds from a moving train one, took about 3 goes and $500 in bounties as obviously any time you get on the roof of a train for a spot of Al fresco bird shooting the local law take exception. Doesn't matter now cos I'm minted. 

Had a look at a site which says inflation in USA between then and now is effectively a 30:1 factor. Arthur obviously a bit of a hipster paying the 1899 equivalent of $15 for a beer. 

22 hours ago, Swarley said:
On 11/19/2018 at 12:29, HeWhoWalksBehindTheRows said:
Gave up after 5 times dead. Was thinking maybe put bait out of some thing 

I'm leaving the cougar and the bear until last. I've found the others ridiculously easy to hunt, three clues then two blasts of the rifle, dead. I thought they'd put up more of a fight/challenge.

Found the bear just as easy as the others. Same clues and then dead eye and sniper rifle from a safe distance.

I've just got the alligator to do from areas I can access. Been round the whole area looking and it never comes up.

Edited by TQM

Just me that found the original a bit better then? It's maybe my mind playing tricks with me, or maybe because I must have played one that far too often for my own good.

The storyline missions are just as easy to complete this time round, obviously getting silver and gold awards is the real trick on subsequent attempts, but the "real" missions in the original were a bit more varied, from memory.

I've completed the story on this one now, and will go back and take my time and do it again now and do more hunting and fishing.

One question I have, how do you get the throwing knives?

Just finished chapter 6, and wow.

Won’t spoil anything, but I think it’s fair to say this game absolutely lived up to the first, which is my favourite of all time.

This is definitely in the top two so far, will see where I am when I finish it.

I just hope it’s not another eight years until we get another one, although for my productivity and social life that may be for the best.

8 hours ago, Musketeer Gripweed said:

Just me that found the original a bit better then? It's maybe my mind playing tricks with me, or maybe because I must have played one that far too often for my own good.

The storyline missions are just as easy to complete this time round, obviously getting silver and gold awards is the real trick on subsequent attempts, but the "real" missions in the original were a bit more varied, from memory.

I've completed the story on this one now, and will go back and take my time and do it again now and do more hunting and fishing.

One question I have, how do you get the throwing knives?

Do you not get them off of a friend for one of the stealth missions? Think if you upgrade your ammo cart at camp you get them to restock?

Just waiting on multiplayer by now, does anybody know if it's like GTA V where you can create your own character or just like the 1st red dead where you had to use the models of in game NPCs? Either or really looking forward to it.

Just waiting on multiplayer by now, does anybody know if it's like GTA V where you can create your own character or just like the 1st red dead where you had to use the models of in game NPCs? Either or really looking forward to it.

Imagine you'll definitely get to make your own character. I just want another story add on to be honest.

People have spoke about red dead undead nightmare again, genuinely think I'd shite masel if they done that with these graphics. Going through the swamp areas is scary enough as it is without fucking Zombies/Vampires and Werewolves.

The thought of trekking up in around Annesburg or the Big Valley in the fog at night with the noise of a werewolf coming from the trees or going through the swamps with actual zombies and no the night folk is a frightening one, dunno how I'd cope. [emoji23]

Imagine you'll definitely get to make your own character. I just want another story add on to be honest.

People have spoke about red dead undead nightmare again, genuinely think I'd shite masel if they done that with these graphics. Going through the swamp areas is scary enough as it is without fucking Zombies/Vampires and Werewolves.

The thought of trekking up in around Annesburg or the Big Valley in the fog at night with the noise of a werewolf coming from the trees or going through the swamps with actual zombies and no the night folk is a frightening one, dunno how I'd cope. [emoji23]
The wading through the swamp part was tense as f**k, would love to see undead nightmare 2

The wading through the swamp part was tense as f**k, would love to see undead nightmare 2

Swamp genuinely scares me at night, usually play myself and at night and in the dark, Tele is massive and graphics are superb. Going about in the swamp at night is so spooky, voices/weirdos/dead bodies/ghosts/alligators. The silence of the actual game makes it eerie too, noises of the animals, the music always seems to have you on edge as well. A lot of the time the music will change making you think something's coming and nothing materialises. [emoji51][emoji23]