Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

Is anybody else quite disappointed in this. For a game that is so detailed and polished it's also so janky and infuriating at times. Jumping off ledges that are 2ft makes Arthur lose all bodily functions, it takes like 3 seconds to register that you have pressed the button to take cover, sometimes it doesnt register at all. People can shoot at you and lawmen will do nothing but if you so much as punch them to defend yourself you've got the entire county after you.

Is anybody else quite disappointed in this. For a game that is so detailed and polished it's also so janky and infuriating at times. Jumping off ledges that are 2ft makes Arthur lose all bodily functions, it takes like 3 seconds to register that you have pressed the button to take cover, sometimes it doesnt register at all. People can shoot at you and lawmen will do nothing but if you so much as punch them to defend yourself you've got the entire county after you.

I think its an incredibly impressive game, i wouldn't exactly call it disappointing but from the few hours I've played i certainly wouldn't call it fun either.
https://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?/topic/248174-fortnite-battle-royale/

Get yourselves in there instead ;)

Met a wee guy digging for gold down at the water, went to have a wee chat with him but instead pointed my shotgun at him. I quickly dropped my weapon in the hope I could defuse but the guy blew my fucking head off.  That's the only thing about the game I have qualms with, but even then it provides some comedy moments.

Lost my fucking hat at the pub with that p***k Lenny too. Did anyone else get the fear when they woke up after that mission?  When I started to surface in the morning I genuinely thought to myself "aw naw where the f**k is my horse". Must have been a nightmare back in those days, we only need to worry about leaving our phones or house keys somewhere.

Little things have pissed me off every now and then but I don't even care the game is just next level. There's so much in this and if those are your only faults surely that speaks volumes.

I mean a whole 3 seconds to get into cover? Is that sarcasm or? Genuinely sounds like a piss take I'm not overly sure whether you're being serious or not [emoji23]

Little things have pissed me off every now and then but I don't even care the game is just next level. There's so much in this and if those are your only faults surely that speaks volumes.

I mean a whole 3 seconds to get into cover? Is that sarcasm or? Genuinely sounds like a piss take I'm not overly sure whether you're being serious or not [emoji23]

3 seconds to register that you pressed the button I said. Sometimes it totally ignores that you've done it altogether. They aren't my only complaints my main gripes are that the gameplay is clunky and not fun and the missions consist of 95% riding a horse from a to b

I think some of the controls are a bit annoying, almost like they tried to give you too many things to do, and there are a couple of weird glitches - most recent example being 2 "white dot" guys that I've killed re-appearing (the eugenics guy in St Denis and one of the sharpshooter "shoot more bottles than me" guys) but given the size of the game I'm fine with that.

I find the slow pace of gameplay really good, even the daft minigames like blackjack or the fishing are entertaining (to me).

I still can’t catch that fucking salmon. Muskie, Muskie, Muskie, Muskie, Muskie, Muskie they are practically extinct now and all I still get are fucking muskies. Game’s utter shite [emoji2]

Tried rowing the canoe across to Blackwater yesterday.

Spoiler below for those viewing on the mobile app. If you don't want to know the result look away now

You get so close then the tide is too strong, the canoe starts to fill with water and you drown!

13 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

and one of the sharpshooter "shoot more bottles than me" guys

Oh aye, he was brilliant.  Ended up being better at shooting birds out the sky, so instead of giving him his winnings I shot him in the face.  Roon' ye.

Spent about two hours last night trying to get the white Arabian horse(ironically to save travelling time).  Chasing it all round the lake.  Manged to get on it a couple of times but soon got kicked off.  Was ready to give up and started running down a hill on my own horse and fell off a cliff and my horse died.  Ended up stranded up there with no horse and couldn't find the white Arabian to try to mount it again.   Very frustrating but probably me being shite at it more than anything.   I even watched a youtube video and still couldn't do it :thumbsdown

43 minutes ago, Eric said:

Spent about two hours last night trying to get the white Arabian horse(ironically to save travelling time).  Chasing it all round the lake.  Manged to get on it a couple of times but soon got kicked off.  Was ready to give up and started running down a hill on my own horse and fell off a cliff and my horse died.  Ended up stranded up there with no horse and couldn't find the white Arabian to try to mount it again.   Very frustrating but probably me being shite at it more than anything.   I even watched a youtube video and still couldn't do it :thumbsdown

I would just load a saved game in those circumstances I reckon. 

2 minutes ago, The OP said:

Yeah I somehow messed that up too and saved over my other saved game so they both had me stuck up there with no horse :lol:   Up until that point I thought I was doing quite well in the game.  Enjoyed the cougar mission.  

Yeah the tip is to save it just before you go after it because apparently it wont necessarily spawn in the same area if you mess it up.
@Eric. When you approach it are you keeping an eye on the bar and pressing Calm once it dips? And when you're on it you always move your stick the opposite way it's going. I found approaching it more difficult than taming it.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

Yeah the tip is to save it just before you go after it because apparently it wont necessarily spawn in the same area if you mess it up.
@Eric. When you approach it are you keeping an eye on the bar and pressing Calm once it dips? And when you're on it you always move your stick the opposite way it's going. I found approaching it more difficult than taming it.

Yeah someone had said online it comes back after a couple of days so will try again.  I had pretty much figured it out by the end after looking online but lost it.  

1 hour ago, Mr. Brightside said:

It's not difficult to catch a horse emoji23.png

Normal horses are fine but this one is a dick!!