Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

5 hours ago, pj_puttz said:

No I couldn't see a note, I'll need to go back and have a good look around.

If I can find it again, which I probably wont be able to.

The note is in the mouth of the severed head of the victim. I've found 2 of them (without looking for either, just saw the "X" blip for a corpse on the radar... hopefully it sticks the map together for you when you find the third.

Has anyone caught the legendary salmon in the frozen lake? I’ve tried about ten times from different places but all I caught was fucking muskies.

I also failed miserably to catch that white horse. Bucked me clean off and couldn’t find it again in the snow [emoji23]

Has anyone caught the legendary salmon in the frozen lake? I’ve tried about ten times from different places but all I caught was fucking muskies.

I also failed miserably to catch that white horse. Bucked me clean off and couldn’t find it again in the snow [emoji23]

Caught it today, 54 lbs. Also ran into the White Arabian by complete accident, managed to get it easily enough.

Caught it today, 54 lbs. Also ran into the White Arabian by complete accident, managed to get it easily enough.

I hope you get killed by a Pinkerton or at least eaten by a legendary animal [emoji2]

Accidentally punched my horse whilst trying to lasso an Angus Ox and now she's in the huff with me.

I also tried to see how far I could get into the Great Plains. The answer is not very far. Even with the cover of night and using different paths and tracks I continually ran into massive groups who killed me in seconds. I might try that idea of getting a boat and rowing across the lake.

Do you push down the analog stick when you're trying to break in s horse or do you just move the left one without pushing it?

Also I'm shite at using dead eye. What exactly do you do to get the optimum from it?
No, you move the left stick in the opposite direction the horse is moving.

Dead eye is great now IMO. I usually have my target near to the aim dot then press the R3 and move it to their head. One shot dead. I don't think I've died yet when using it. Far better than the previous game's random spread of bullets.
I think I got raped.

Went back and killed the b*****d.
Was this at the swampy bit and a wee guy invites you into his shack then the lights go out?? I'm convinced I was raped as well but wasn't sure if it was just my sick mind and me thinking of Deliverance.

Accidentally punched my horse whilst trying to lasso an Angus Ox and now she's in the huff with me.
I also tried to see how far I could get into the Great Plains. The answer is not very far. Even with the cover of night and using different paths and tracks I continually ran into massive groups who killed me in seconds. I might try that idea of getting a boat and rowing across the lake.

Your boat will sink if you’re heading straight across from say Braithwait Manor. You will need to row towards Blackwater, then maybe row round coast. Would stay close to edge in case you sink.

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Was this at the swampy bit and a wee guy invites you into his shack then the lights go out?? I'm convinced I was raped as well but wasn't sure if it was just my sick mind and me thinking of Deliverance.

yes, defo raped

The control scheme can be a bit picky sometimes, can't it?  Met a treasure hunter who wasn't keen on sharing his map, and tried to escape.  FOllowed him to his horse and tried to execute a perfect takedown.
Punched his horse.

He got away from me the first time as I was being a good guy when I met him and didn't want to kill him. I checked to make sure he would spawn again and he does in several locations until you get the map. It suggested you just kill him instantly as he is difficult to catch once he mounts his horse.

yes, defo raped
Feck. I feel so dirty :(