Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

Riding along at night and notice a glow in the woods. So, I go to check it out and it's the aforementioned KKK.

So obviously I set about doing some Antifa work, including a very pleasing punch-headshot combo after one of the b*****ds had tackled me.

I finish them all off, but just as I'm looting the bodies, someone rides past on a horse and I get the dreaded "witness" at the top of the screen.

Now, I've just committed about 10 homicides so I rush over to try and silence this unfortunate fellow.

Presumably though he sees that they're KKK, so the fella just says: "make sure and wash that blood off you" and rides along on his merry way, no crime reported!

I love this game.

Had 2 gut-wrenchers tonight, I did what a lot of people have done and went back to the starting point. The white dot mission at the lake with the guy looking for his buddy in the snow- you know it's not going to end well, but by f**k it does not end well at all.

I'm not sure if this is just an easter egg (think so) but don't want to google it in case it isn't and it links back to the main story

Spoiler

Bonnie McFarlane's dying ex-husband giving you the note for her to read :( I don't know if she crops up in the game  later on tho.

15 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Has any unscrupulous person taken advantage of the gold bar glitch before it gets patched?

I haven't. :whistle 

I tried to do it but I ended up getting no gold bar out of it :lol:  Not sure how, I assumed that they had fixed the glitch and thats why it didn't give me it.  Luckily I had saved so just went back and settled for one bar.  Did you do it recently?  

Has any unscrupulous person taken advantage of the gold bar glitch before it gets patched?
I'm aware of it but won't be doing it. I reckon it'll ruin big parts if you were minted. I enjoy stealing stagecoaches, approaching white dots and looting folk, house robberies, the treasure hunts, fishing, hunting etc. If I had unlimited cash there wouldn't be any need to do any of this.

On a KKK note. I ran into 3 of them again. I kidnapped the leader and planned on putting him on the track or a campfire*. As I was riding along a black guy on a horse rode off to report me. Couldn't help think that was a glitch [emoji38]

* I've started doing this. Sadistic as f**k! Anyone I kill at the white dot campfires I tend to chuck them on the fire.

This is a game to be savoured alright, anyone rushing through the story missions to progress the game quickly just isn't playing it properly IMO.

I'll be gutted when the game is finished so I'm taking my sweet time with it.  Currently just started Chapter 3 but planning on going fishing and hunting for a while without doing a single mission.  Other than the random stuff that pops up or maybe a bit of homestead robbing here and there.

What a game.

This is a game to be savoured alright, anyone rushing through the story missions to progress the game quickly just isn't playing it properly IMO.
I'll be gutted when the game is finished so I'm taking my sweet time with it.  Currently just started Chapter 3 but planning on going fishing and hunting for a while without doing a single mission.  Other than the random stuff that pops up or maybe a bit of homestead robbing here and there.
What a game.
If you're going fishing I'd recommend heading to the top of Flat Iron Lake and speaking with Jeremy Gill. He'll give you 13 locations of legendary fish. Took me over 5 minutes to reel in the one at the swamp so they make you work for it!

26 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
32 minutes ago, pj_puttz said:
What a game.

If you're going fishing I'd recommend heading to the top of Flat Iron Lake and speaking with Jeremy Gill. He'll give you 13 locations of legendary fish. Took me over 5 minutes to reel in the one at the swamp so they make you work for it!

Cheers bud!  I had heard about the guy who gives you those locations but had no idea where he was.  I didn't want to just Google it but finding out from a fellow player on a forum feels less like cheating somehow.  :D

17 minutes ago, Gaz said:

The only flaw that I have with this game is that the control system is a bit rubbish.

Apart from that, it is an absolute masterpiece.

Yeah I quite often aim my gun at people when I'm trying to greet them

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
4 hours ago, pj_puttz said:
What a game.

I put myself at serious risk of repetitive strain injury reeling in a huge lake sturgeon in Saint Denis, only to discover it was poisoned because of all the factories.

My own fault really, should have known they wouldn't overlook something like that!

I put myself at serious risk of repetitive strain injury reeling in a huge lake sturgeon in Saint Denis, only to discover it was poisoned because of all the factories.
My own fault really, should have known they wouldn't overlook something like that!
Aye it got a bit sore for me as well! Having to hold L2 continuously is a b*****d, especially when trying to flip back the L3 toggle. All the while I'm rotating R3 with the palm of my right hand like a madman. I have grips on my toggles and the R3 came off during the struggle [emoji38]

For fishing don’t have a long cast, then when the fish has stopped fighting drag upward with L3 while reeling in.

If you cast too long it can take ten minutes to land a legendary fish.

52 minutes ago, Loki said:

For fishing don’t have a long cast, then when the fish has stopped fighting drag upward with L3 while reeling in.

If you cast too long it can take ten minutes to land a legendary fish.

This! 

I still haven't been able to land a legendary fish yet. My daughter asked if she could have a go. She fucked up the cast (or so I thought), hooked a huge sturgeon and reeled it in, in seconds :(

Went to

find one of the lads you need to interview for that fellas book, shovelled all the pig shit, ended up shooting the pig fella...seem to have put me camera down somewhere, tho, so I couldn’t take a piccy. No idea where or how to gerranother

Why is (C19th) life so relentless!

Went to

find one of the lads you need to interview for that fellas book, shovelled all the pig shit, ended up shooting the pig fella...seem to have put me camera down somewhere, tho, so I couldn’t take a piccy. No idea where or how to gerranother

Why is (C19th) life so relentless!
(PS4) L1 then R1 then left toggle to '3pm' and press R2 until it comes around. It's normally your binoculars that are the standard in that slot.

Home from work early and smashed this, fives was cancelled too so literally sat playing this for about 7 hours tonight. Considering I wouldn't class myself as a gamer I think that just shows how good this game. Just put it down, for f**k sake.

Thankfully I have real life things to do tomorrow and Sunday morning so won't get back to it until Sunday night.

Just came to bed there and set my alarm, feels weird not having to press Y, X or A to decide what time I'm wanting to wake up at

Talking of unscrupulous. I parked my horse in Valentine, went into the Store to get some stuff, came out and and some fecker has pinched the bison skin off my horse. Scum, fecking low life scum.