Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

Anyone else absolutely shit themselves when a cougar appears from nowhere and kills you?

I broke a controller leaping out my seat when a bear jumped out at me. Launched it out my hands and it smashed to bits off the ceiling. Took about half an hour for my heart rate to normalise

Anyone else absolutely shit themselves when a cougar appears from nowhere and kills you?

Or the bear as your casually minding your own business.

Loved selling the skins around the various towns for money.

13 hours ago, mrcat1990 said:

Quite simply because good games take time. Id rather they craft it perfectly rather than just smashing average glitchy shite like Assasins Creed or COD each year. There's a lot of expectation with Rockstar games and they have delivered pretty much every damn time in the past 10 years.

I understand that, GTA 5 is probably my favourite game. I find it surprising that they haven't found a way to increase the output while maintaining quality. 

Kept trying to attach an image but the app keeps freezing. Rockstar have tweeted an updated image from yesterday with the release date of Fall 2017 and it's initially called Red Dead Redemption 2

Hopefully it gets a name change before it comes out.  If it is indeed a prequel to RDR featuring a younger John Marston, then Red Dead Redemption 2 makes no sense.  RDR had Marston (admittedly unwillingly) seeking redemption for his earlier crimes, so if we jump in to that earlier period then the concept of redemption is no longer relevant.  It's also the third game in the Red Dead franchise.

The only way RDR2 works as a final title if is it's a continuation of the RDR1 timeline, with Marston Jnr as the protagonist.  I don't think anyone wants that to be the case, and all the rumours/leaks so far don't back that up anyway.

RDR2 is a perfectly acceptable working title though.

Absolutely loved Red Dead Redemption aka Grand Theft Horse. Played it through from start to finish three times. That moment when you unlock Mexico, and you're riding through the changing landscape, and the sun's just starting to set, and the Jose Gonzalez tune kicks in. Ooft. Just magnificent. Shat myself a few times with cougars and bears etc. Favourite instance was after a major gunflight a mile or so outside of town. My horse got killed and I'm hoofing it on foot back to town, fending off bandit attacks left and right, the town creeps into view, it's getting closer and closer, and I'm so chuffed that I've survived out in the wild and endured the bandits for so long and with a few slivers of life left I'm just about to get to town when a fucking wolf jumps us and rips me to bits. Pig's tits.

I hope the P&B masses can forgive me for my over-analysis of the game's title. Let's all say nothing until we know the full details of the game. Perhaps the Mods could lock the thread until the release date?

Absolutely loved Red Dead Redemption aka Grand Theft Horse. Played it through from start to finish three times. That moment when you unlock Mexico, and you're riding through the changing landscape, and the sun's just starting to set, and the Jose Gonzalez tune kicks in. Ooft.

Was about to post the same. One of those moments that truly stuck with you.

GTA4 was a major leap in gaming and RDR took it that step further. Considering how alive Los Santos felt in GTA5, and this being their first game designed on the new gen, I'd imagine Rockstar will really kick it up a notch again.