Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

54 minutes ago, AuAl said:

Recently came back to RDR2 after not playing it for quite a while. Had been trying to not have it be the only game I play a lot of. I love it just as much and I'm still find new things across the map. I think it's actually ruined a lot of other games for me as I find there is no comparison. I know there was some who didn't like this game but it's honestly the best I've ever played and don't see it being beaten anytime soon, it's addictive. Anyone else have this reaction to it?

Yes, very much so. I havent got into a game at all since I played it. 

I found a fewer interesting mods the other day, companion stuff and some new bounties, so I might try those out. Just deciding whether or not to start a new game 

15 hours ago, Homer Thompson said:

I found a fewer interesting mods the other day, companion stuff and some new bounties, so I might try those out. Just deciding whether or not to start a new game 

Yup, played various very good games but just can't get into them the way I do with this one. I think part of it for me is just how good the story and characters are. Add that on top of the open world that's available and it's just so enjoyable.

On 12/06/2022 at 16:25, AuAl said:

Recently came back to RDR2 after not playing it for quite a while. Had been trying to not have it be the only game I play a lot of. I love it just as much and I'm still find new things across the map. I think it's actually ruined a lot of other games for me as I find there is no comparison. I know there was some who didn't like this game but it's honestly the best I've ever played and don't see it being beaten anytime soon, it's addictive. Anyone else have this reaction to it?

It's the best game I have played in a long time. 

13 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

Just started this. Got a Series X and decided it would be a good game to test it out; not disappointed. Looks gorgeous. Still very early in the story but loving it so far.

How early? The first part is a bit of a slog but once it opens up and you can go explore its amazing. 

I found a couple of mods that look interesting, one let's you have a dog as a companion, the other let's you have one of the gang members as a companion. Might have to start a new game :)

On 12/06/2022 at 16:25, AuAl said:

On 12/06/2022 at 17:20, Homer Thompson said:

On 13/06/2022 at 08:45, AuAl said:

Yup, played various very good games but just can't get into them the way I do with this one. I think part of it for me is just how good the story and characters are. Add that on top of the open world that's available and it's just so enjoyable.

The only other game I got into the same way was Days Gone, although it was an older game I think the free roaming was similar to the RDR2 style.

How early? The first part is a bit of a slog but once it opens up and you can go explore its amazing. 
I found a couple of mods that look interesting, one let's you have a dog as a companion, the other let's you have one of the gang members as a companion. Might have to start a new game [emoji4]

Passed the snow section; I didn’t mind it at all, slow burn but when it’s such a well crafted game I really don’t grudge it at all.

I’m just doing some debt collecting missions so far, haven’t even broken Micah out of jail yet. Just sauntering around doing lots of bits and bobs. Took out the first legendary bear as well. Can tell it’s a game for the long haul.

17 minutes ago, Homer Thompson said:

No, it's tempting though. 

I want to. Im just not sure how to best do it and still get to play the game. I mean, do you just shoot and steal every where you go or would that be unplayable? When a side mission pops up where someone wants help, do you still do those, or hogtie them and feed them to a bear?

11 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I want to. Im just not sure how to best do it and still get to play the game. I mean, do you just shoot and steal every where you go or would that be unplayable? When a side mission pops up where someone wants help, do you still do those, or hogtie them and feed them to a bear?

Tempted to go back and do a heel playthrough too. Give shit to everyone in the camp and shoot every mother fucker that looks at me funny. 

Nothing really changes with your actions other than the greetings and some cut scenes near the end. 

You can do a bad guy playthrough and it'll be 99% the same on the face of it. If you're like me when playing games you can get immersed enough to crack on anyway and it still feels different in a way. 

I enjoy being a c**t on the online stuff, I rarely mess with someone if they're doing a mission or selling goods but I do like to use explosive ammo, you sometimes get pop ups if you're a bounty hunter saying that you can get a reward for killing and delivering other players to the sheriff that have bounties which is a good laugh. 

8 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I really want to play through this again. Has anyone done a completely dishonourable, vicious b*****d play through?

I tried to initially, but even though being properly good seems almost wrong in tone, they make it pretty hard to be a proper b*****d unless you're interested in paying out bounties all the time.  

Personally I think the best way is to play someone south of neutral on honour until you reach a certain point in the story, and at that point turn it around and build the honour back north for game end.  Seems most fitting 

10 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I really want to play through this again. Has anyone done a completely dishonourable, vicious b*****d play through?

I have done both, being an utter b*****d comes with its advantages - no one comes near you in towns, you don't get attempted hoodwinked as you just shoot anyone asking for help.  Explosive shotgun rounds on pinkertons is a lot of fun.

• 6 months later...