Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

3 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

I assume you're reeling in with the palm of your hands aye?

I use my thumb, I doubt I'd be quicker rotating the stick with my palm. You can push the stick in as well when the fish is fighting which I think stops it reeling out as much line but also risks it getting away.

I use my thumb, I doubt I'd be quicker rotating the stick with my palm. You can push the stick in as well when the fish is fighting which I think stops it reeling out as much line but also risks it getting away.
My thumb is fucked after reeling some in. 
Special lure worked a treat. Got my first one. Redfin pickering . Yass 

You're both mental. Get using the palm, it's far less strenuous.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm now on the chapter camped out near Rhodes. I've finally fallen head over heels for this. What an adventure, just wandering about can be so rewarding. Caught legendary coyote, ram and cougar now and I have the fish map but need to throw more time into that.

Now the ring dang do now what is that?

• 3 months later...
Am I the only one to not go anywhere near Blackwater until the epilogue?

I had no idea there was a chunk of the map to the south west the size of fucking Skyrim! There goes my life for a while again.
No, I didn't either. You're wanted so it's pretty difficult to explore earlier in the game

The shame about anything West of Blackwater is that it all seems so rushed and incomplete.  Looks fine, but it's fairly empty outside of a few towns.  Can only assume they planned on doing a bit more and it got cut for time.  Really rendered it a bit pointless that you fight through the whole game then get this whole new area opened up, but it's empty.

On 07/01/2022 at 08:32, Stellaboz said:

Am I the only one to not go anywhere near Blackwater until the epilogue?

I had no idea there was a chunk of the map to the south west the size of fucking Skyrim! There goes my life for a while again.

Even if I wanted to every time I went over I didn't last. I presume yer no meant too 

Didn't 100% mind, never found all the animals, the legendary ones either although did get a fair few just by roaming about. But I'm a story guy. Might even go back play the rdr1 which I haven't done.
I've considered going back and playing 1 as well but can't help feeling I'd be disappointed.

I didnt 100% it either. I still have some animals and fish to get which satisfies the itch every now and again.

• 1 month later...
Playing Red Dead Online for the first time. Is it more or fewer hours of this than the single player before you feel as if you know what you're supposed to be doing?
I hated online. Riding around was fun enough but the only missions I found were co-op and the other players had finished them before I worked out what was going on.

• 3 months later...

Recently came back to RDR2 after not playing it for quite a while. Had been trying to not have it be the only game I play a lot of. I love it just as much and I'm still find new things across the map. I think it's actually ruined a lot of other games for me as I find there is no comparison. I know there was some who didn't like this game but it's honestly the best I've ever played and don't see it being beaten anytime soon, it's addictive. Anyone else have this reaction to it?