Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

13 hours ago, GFARAB82 said:

i know but have a look at youtube loads of things are missed when your anxious to complete the story mode and play throughs can switch even based on your honour 

Yeah, Im sure I missed loads. Although I did do all the side missions and randoms I came across.

Im just not very good at playing through games differently. I tend to make the same decisions and end up just doing the same things again. The only way I could replay it would be to go through some kind of guide ticking everything off. Not sure I can be arsed, to be honest.

I've restarted The Last of Us instead

3 hours ago, Mr X said:

Yeah, Im sure I missed loads. Although I did do all the side missions and randoms I came across.

Im just not very good at playing through games differently. I tend to make the same decisions and end up just doing the same things again. The only way I could replay it would be to go through some kind of guide ticking everything off. Not sure I can be arsed, to be honest.

I've restarted The Last of Us instead

good luck is it any good ? i tend to play GTA, RDR2 & Skyrim

Edited by GFARAB82

29 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Now you've completed the epilogue search RDR2 gold bars on YouTube. There's some really good ones you can do that I'm sure you wont have found. There was loads I hadn't.

I do have at least one treasure map to do and the epilogue dinosaur bones to find.

Without any missions to do, though, I kinda lost interest

14 minutes ago, GFARAB82 said:

god luck is it any good ? i tend to play GTA, RDR2 & Skyrim

Its the first one. I'll get shot down for this but its a bit meh. So far its just "run > crouch > run > jump ... repeat". I am pretty early on in the game though

Its the first one. I'll get shot down for this but its a bit meh. So far its just "run > crouch > run > jump ... repeat". I am pretty early on in the game though
I need to convert you to TLOU now as well?! Tbh, TLOU isn't exactly out of this world gameplay (though it is good), it's the story and character development that sets it apart IMO. I've never played a game that has brought me to tears but there is a part later on where I had a lump and welled up. I think it's another game where you have to 'get it' to really enjoy it.

Just now, 19QOS19 said:
6 minutes ago, Mr X said:

I need to convert you to TLOU now as well?! Tbh, TLOU isn't exactly out of this world gameplay (though it is good), it's the story and character development that sets it apart IMO. I've never played a game that has brought me to tears but there is a part later on where I had a lump and welled up. I think it's another game where you have to 'get it' to really enjoy it.

I want to like it, I really do. To be honest, not really "bonding" with the characters yet.

You're never converting me to anything again, Mr fuckin Coldplay - and, yes, I am going to bring that up at every opportunity from now on :lol:

I want to like it, I really do. To be honest, not really "bonding" with the characters yet.

You're never converting me to anything again, Mr fuckin Coldplay - and, yes, I am going to bring that up at every opportunity from now on [emoji38]

Listen to Head Full of Dreams and you'll be converted to them as well [emoji38]

ETA. Are you with Ellie yet or the first woman still?

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Listen to Head Full of Dreams and you'll be converted to them as well emoji38.png

Im not even going to dignify that with an answer <_<

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

ETA. Are you with Ellie yet or the first woman still?

With Ellie but still with the first woman too. Just got past the first building where you meet the clickers, in the hall of the next building where theres a bunch of walkers wandering round

With Ellie but still with the first woman too. Just got past the first building where you meet the clickers, in the hall of the next building where theres a bunch of walkers wandering round

Aye early days then. Joel isn't a particularly engaging character early on and Ellie comes across as a typical moody teen. Without saying much more, that's kind of what makes the story/writing so good. Stick with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Right folks, got RDR2 a few weeks back and due to longer WFH hours and being a Dad not devoted much time to it. Finding it quite slow but really want to get through it. Is the story worth sticking with or should I just go with online mode ?

Right folks, got RDR2 a few weeks back and due to longer WFH hours and being a Dad not devoted much time to it. Finding it quite slow but really want to get through it. Is the story worth sticking with or should I just go with online mode ?
Stick with the story. Takes a while to get going but worth it.

Are you out the snow yet?

1 hour ago, G-MAN said:

Took me until around Chapter 4/St Denis to really start enjoying it.   I bought it on release and gave up on it midway through chapter 3, was comparing it to GTA too much, just gave it another try a month or so ago.

I got to chapter 2/3 first time around and didn't touch it for nearly a year. Sat down and committed the second time and completed it in around 2-3 months. Genuinely one of the best written stories I've experienced in a game.

Are you out the snow yet?

Yeah past that. Just at the part where I’ve rescued the woman, chased the guy who recognised me and bought my own horse and hanging around the camp. never know if I’m missing things so spend so much time trying to find hidden things and wandering around - not sure if I’m wasting time and should just get on with it !

Yeah past that. Just at the part where I’ve rescued the woman, chased the guy who recognised me and bought my own horse and hanging around the camp. never know if I’m missing things so spend so much time trying to find hidden things and wandering around - not sure if I’m wasting time and should just get on with it !
Still early days. For all it's my all time favourite game I wasn't in love with it from the off. It was once you were allowed to roam yourself that I really got into it. As I've said a tedious amount of times, if it doesn't 'get you' then it isn't for you. Mr X is a good one to ask when he started to enjoy it. He was another weirdo who didn't like it for a good while before eventually really enjoying it [emoji14]

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/07/2020 at 00:31, 19QOS19 said:

Still early days. For all it's my all time favourite game I wasn't in love with it from the off. It was once you were allowed to roam yourself that I really got into it. As I've said a tedious amount of times, if it doesn't 'get you' then it isn't for you. Mr X is a good one to ask when he started to enjoy it. He was another weirdo who didn't like it for a good while before eventually really enjoying it emoji14.png

Honestly, I dont remember when I started to get into it. Might have been one of the early main story missions in Valentine.

I play this game quite a lot online. I was playing a few days ago and bumped into someone who's crew was called "something Rangers", I excitedly got off my horse (Big Buff) and offered the person a 3 star buck pelt, they took it, turned on my mic, they were 'Murican and had no idea about Glasgow Rangers, couldn't exactly ask for the pelt back either.

Edited by Stormzy