Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

I have probably already told this story on this thread, but in my pursuit of a perfect American Robin carcass, I noticed a Robin land on my sisters fence.  I then said aloud "b*****d if only I had my varmint rifle" - which was greeted with a massive "WWWWAAAAATTTTTT?".

You aren't the only one Busta.

I love this games, I do, but sometimes... Grrr

The way point marker below is where I stopped and made camp. The player marker is where I actually decided to camp!

20200603_115339.thumb.jpeg.d09f51558c8c850416a8503422f44158.jpeg

Also, has anyone had problems with the legendary animals? Its suddenly stopped giving me any prompts to track them when I enter the area. Someone online said to restart the console but I've done that and still the same default_sad.png

ETA - nevertheless mind, its working again

I don't know why it does that with the camping, it really is annoying at times.

I know you've edited but I did have to use online guides at times to get to the spot where it prompted you to use your dead eye for the clues. Though there were some you couldn't get until later in the game regardless. The alligator being the one I remember.

Found every animal except the Rio Grande Turkey. It's supposed to have a low spawn rate and I've been hunting for about an hour in total. I like that RDR didn't just let you find animals after minutes but at the same time I'm convinced they know what you are after and make it more difficult!

5 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Found every animal except the Rio Grande Turkey. It's supposed to have a low spawn rate and I've been hunting for about an hour in total. I like that RDR didn't just let you find animals after minutes but at the same time I'm convinced they know what you are after and make it more difficult!

I used to be convinced of that with the Daily Challenges online.

Task - Skin 3 Gila Monsters

5 Iguanas turn up

Task - Skin 3 Iguanas

5 Gila Monsters turn up

Unfortunately, online has lost its lustre. Might go back to the main game and finish the legendary animals and what have you.

2 hours ago, Busta Nut said:

I hit the online button fir the first time in ages. looks improved. Any good?

I haven’t played it in ages due to a lack of updates but it is good - the roles are fun until you exhaust them, ditto the storyline missions. Might be griefer central though as folk will be bored.

I used to be convinced of that with the Daily Challenges online.
Task - Skin 3 Gila Monsters
5 Iguanas turn up
Task - Skin 3 Iguanas
5 Gila Monsters turn up
Unfortunately, online has lost its lustre. Might go back to the main game and finish the legendary animals and what have you.
If you are going for the full animal compendium start with the Rio Bravo Turkey. Finally found the little fecker (3 at the same time of course!). Absolutely ridiculous. Best starting with that.

Is it worth playing through the first game before tackling the prequel? As weird as that sounds

I enjoyed the first game but can't remember much from it tbh. The first game follows John Marston whereas this game follows Arthur and the gang (John Marston being a member). That's about as much as you need to know really.

If you are up to playing the original I'd suggest doing it first purely because it'll be a major letdown after playing RDR2.

I had my first major glitch today.

I was pick-pocketed in St Denis, so chased the guy down to the rail yard. I lassoed him cause I couldnt be arsed chasing him anymore. As I was tying him up and looting him I suddenly appeared inside a train carriage. And not the passenger ones with doors, a cargo one with no doors to get back out! Had not choice but to reload a save.

Also had, possibly, my best moment so far. Doing the 4 till challenge I robbed the store in Rhodes. Three lawmen show up and I wanted to rob the gun store too, so I thought I'd just take them out. Standing in the middle of the street, dual wielding pistols, I took them out ... then the rest of the town appeared, three or four at a time. I just stood in the middle of the street and took them all out 8)

Backfired slightly, as the town went into lockdown :lol:

Van Horn is mad.  I once was pick pocketed, and I caught the guy leathered him then shot him in the end.  Justice Served. 😎

No.  I was the c**t.  Every single person got triggered and started chasing me down the pier, must have killed about 50 people. 

My honour would have taken a huge hit, but I was a scoundrel already.

Van Horn is mad.  I once was pick pocketed, and I caught the guy leathered him then shot him in the end.  Justice Served. [emoji41]
No.  I was the c**t.  Every single person got triggered and started chasing me down the pier, must have killed about 50 people. 
Aye that place is proper "Wild West" territory!

14 minutes ago, Loki said:

Van Horn is mad.  I once was pick pocketed, and I caught the guy leathered him then shot him in the end.  Justice Served. 😎

I've just had to do the same to Valentine for the $250 bounty challenge. 

It is a bit odd that you can do that, pay the bounty and stroll back in as if nothing happened.

I also managed to kill the fence doing one of the coach steeling challenges and had a line up coaches parked up outside his barn waiting. Lost them all when I camped <_<

I've just had to do the same to Valentine for the $250 bounty challenge. 
It is a bit odd that you can do that, pay the bounty and stroll back in as if nothing happened.
I also managed to kill the fence doing one of the coach steeling challenges and had a line up coaches parked up outside his barn waiting. Lost them all when I camped <_>
That was one of the (rare) glitches I used to get. More than once I'd approach with a cart and the dick wouldn't open the doors. So I've lowered my honour level for nothing!