Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
17 minutes ago, Mr X said:
It is the moving train one. I thought about stealing a train and driving it myself, but you cant drive and shoot at the same time

Aye, wasn't too sure. Is this your first experience of having to shoot birds? Let the madness begin!

:lol:

Yes and no. I've been practising a bit, just shooting random ones as I go. I managed to get 2 or 3 the last time I tried the train. I know Im just going to have to bite the bullet, get the job done and run! Its not like I cant afford the bounty payment

Has anyone replayed a mission before completing the game? I need to go back to a mission to get a trinket but I've not finished the story yet and don't want to be stuck away back there.

Is it a case of, replay said mission then the game takes you back to your most recent place?

7 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Has anyone replayed a mission before completing the game? I need to go back to a mission to get a trinket but I've not finished the story yet and don't want to be stuck away back there.

Is it a case of, replay said mission then the game takes you back to your most recent place?

I did it once to play some of my favourites.  It essentially pauses you where you were and takes you to the start of the mission.  Remember it being quite jarring when you were done, as if there's some kind of cutscene afterwards it can cut really abruptly to black.  Made it seem like I'd crashed the game before you suddenly end up back where you started.

I think Ive just seen one of the most amazing small, attention to detail, touches in a game ever.

I was doing the hunter binocular challenge, so had them out already. A bird flew took off in front of me and I noticed something weird. Whipped up the binocs to see an eagle carrying a rabbit.

I think Ive just seen one of the most amazing small, attention to detail, touches in a game ever.
I was doing the hunter binocular challenge, so had them out already. A bird flew took off in front of me and I noticed something weird. Whipped up the binocs to see an eagle carrying a rabbit.
The realism is incredible sometimes. Though if you go after all the hunting requests and need the egrets you'll soon get pissed off with it. The number of birds I've finally found and shot only for them to land in the water and an alligator snapping them up is absolutely unreal. Infuriating [emoji38]

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

The realism is incredible sometimes. Though if you go after all the hunting requests and need the egrets you'll soon get pissed off with it. The number of birds I've finally found and shot only for them to land in the water and an alligator snapping them up is absolutely unreal. Infuriating emoji38.png

Pretty sure I need some small birds for the next taxidermy quest. No idea where Im even going to find them, never mind shoot them down!

Pretty sure I need some small birds for the next taxidermy quest. No idea where Im even going to find them, never mind shoot them down!
The old Fort there is your best friend. Also between the Elysian pool and Kamassa river is a good place. There's a specific spot where the water is really shallow and there are a lot of rocks about. There's usually always a bird perched on a rock. You really don't realise this until you have binoculars out. I've spent HOURS hunting birds and those areas are where I found the vast majority. The river being the most successful area. Red_Dead_Redemption_2_20181116203032.jpeg

Just finished Chapter 4 ... what a game!
However

I assume you get off the island and make it back, but if Ive lost all my shit, Im going to lose my shit

Yes you do. You're not there long tbh (though I was there for well over 5/6 hours due to the reason I'm mentioning next) but if you are going for 100% or wanting to collect all the animals then get them now because as far as I know you don't go back.

Yes you do. You're not there long tbh (though I was there for well over 5/6 hours due to the reason I'm mentioning next) but if you are going for 100% or wanting to collect all the animals then get them now because as far as I know you don't go back.
I shit myself when I read that, because I thought the "yes you do" was about losing all my stuff.

Luckily, I had literally just spawned next to my horse after returning!

89% through and I've only just discovered a handy trick. I knew if you set the waypoint and went into cinematic mode while running then you'd travel there. I thought it saved you having to steer so I'd bash on the X button. The discovery is that I didn't have to do this either. Ffs.

4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
8 hours ago, Mr X said:
Just finished Chapter 4 ... what a game!
However

Reveal hidden contents

I assume you get off the island and make it back, but if Ive lost all my shit, Im going to lose my shit

I don’t think any of the animals from that location count towards the 100% so you might have wasted some of your time?

I don’t think any of the animals from that location count towards the 100% so you might have wasted some of your time?
I can't get 100% now anyway after botching the Vampire bit. But for my own OCD I wanted to complete the compendium. Though I failed to pick up certain characters guns previously so I don't think that'll be possible either. Unless I remember what mission I killed people and go back later for them.

Yikes, how to answer that one.

In terms of gameplay during missions etc I don't think it makes too much difference, though you're obviously best to fully load up before a main story mission.

In terms of the story you'll have got to that point regardless of your previous choices.

You're ill for a long time if I remember correctly? I don't think it effected anything other than a couple of times where it's out of your control. Obviously can't elaborate more on that.