Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

8 hours ago, grumswall said:

I'm sure iv already said it on this thread but until I was roughly ten hours in to this game I thought it was absolute muck! I'm on my second play through having amased god knows how many hours and really think it's the best game iv played. Aurthers story is incredible and every little detail in the game from hunting to robbing back rooms, just adds to the experience. I couldn't get past the first 10 hours on rdr1 and could barely remember the main guys name (not saying it at risk of spoiling) but I wish I did so I could know what happens next with these characters.

I only played about an hour of the first one, never really getting into it.  I'd be all over a remastered version done in exactly the same way to run the two stories together.

• 1 month later...

Said on here how much I've played and time I've invested in this game, it's actually sad, but the thing that's putting me off playing more still is the length of time spent down in the south part of the map in the story. Would've enjoyed more time around valentine or in the mountains I think. Didn't enjoy the feud between the families part very much.

I've tried online and just can't play it it's not my thing. Away to try stay off it then start up during the Christmas holidays and see if I can get into it again.

Would love another rockstar announcement in the next 6 month or so.

• 1 month later...
On ‎13‎/‎11‎/‎2019 at 21:40, Busta Nut said:

I haven't played this online at all but from the odd thing I see I take it they are doing what they did with GTA V and whoring the online stuff for about 5 years??

Yeah i think so.

I'm not much of a gamer, in fact its really the GTA series, FIFA and Read Dead that I've bothered with. In fact only really bought a PS4 for Read Dead Redemtion 2.

Anyway, absolulety loved RDR2 so after completing I thought I'd give the online version a go. I've never really bothered with online stuff before, mainly because I ended up getting killed over and over by some wee fannies from the States when I tried it on RDR1 as I had no idea what I was doing.

However I've really got into the online version of RDR2.  First of all you dont need to get involved in dealing with other folk if you dont want to..theres essentially tons of additional characters and missions you can do on your own.  Theres also a really cool Bounty Hunter side missions where you have to find certain criminals.  Theres a cracking one in the swamp where alligators basically chase you.  

You do get invited to online games from time to time by other players which you can decline - and although I was f*cking rubbish at them initially I started getting better.  So yeah, if you enjoyed the main story aprt of the game and want more of the same, the online part is worth a go.

• 2 months later...

Every time someone posts on this thread now I get my hopes up that it's the announcement of single player DLC even though I know it won't happen (I know there's one flower collecting mission, I mean like a proper 10 hour plus side story). 

• 1 month later...

I too have gone back to this and have spent the past three (real life) days hunting virtual animals to try and craft all of the satchels. F*****g badgers.

Who needs to be outside when you have the lovely landscape of this game?

I too have gone back to this and have spent the past three (real life) days hunting virtual animals to try and craft all of the satchels. F*****g badgers.

Who needs to be outside when you have the lovely landscape of this game?
Had to find an Opossum yet? Or a skunk? Probably already ranted on this topic before but I'm utterly convinced the console knows what animals you're after and intentionally spawn less at that time. Birds are an absolute nightmare. After you find the animal you want you can't seem to move for the fucking things.

On 06/03/2020 at 12:17, Fuctifano said:

Every time someone posts on this thread now I get my hopes up that it's the announcement of single player DLC even though I know it won't happen (I know there's one flower collecting mission, I mean like a proper 10 hour plus side story). 

I was surprised they didn't release the epilogue as DLC. Pleasantly surprised they didn't charge for it but I wish I'd taken a breather and went back to it.