Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

Yeah you have to go there, stay off the roads though. I just rode in bold as brass and within seconds had a group of bounty hunters surrounding me, didn't even have time to get my own gun out.

Edited by RandomGuy.

From memory, I think if you put the "GPS" on, it'll guide you pretty much straight into death.  You cross a stream at some point just as you come into new territory.  From there if you hug the coast towards where you're going, you'll not run into anyone.

i've postponed the missions to try and get some of the the tasks done. I'm bloody hopeless at the hunting part unless its just shooting F*ck out of things.  This whole 3 x perfect rabbit pelts is doing my nut in -i assume patience is the key? ....as is kill 3 x birds of prey with a tomahawk!

On 20/02/2019 at 10:46, The Moonster said:

My purchase of Football Manager had postponed my playing of this, but I feel like getting baw deep again tonight.  I've got virtually the whole story still to do, only on Chapter 2.  Glad I didn't blast through this now.

Exactly the same. Neglected RD to f**k. One of my mates has given away a spoiler, so think I'll just get back into it so nothing else is revealed.

i've postponed the missions to try and get some of the the tasks done. I'm bloody hopeless at the hunting part unless its just shooting F*ck out of things.  This whole 3 x perfect rabbit pelts is doing my nut in -i assume patience is the key? ....as is kill 3 x birds of prey with a tomahawk!
Have you got the trinket that improves the quality of your kills?

I stopped around 68% when I got the PS4 Pro, so going back through everything.  Tedious for the most part, but getting a few missions I missed earlier, including one of the debt collector ones where you have to get a legendary cougar pelt.

f**k that mission right in its dark, confusing mapped face.  Thing can attack you from any angle, and if you have your weapon out you can't see anything.  Tried a few times of randomly firing in the dark and mashing circle to fight him off if he jumps before I finally got off a lucky shot.

12 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
23 hours ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Have you got the trinket that improves the quality of your kills?

ah dont think so..will check that out

I stopped around 68% when I got the PS4 Pro, so going back through everything.  Tedious for the most part, but getting a few missions I missed earlier, including one of the debt collector ones where you have to get a legendary cougar pelt.
f**k that mission right in its dark, confusing mapped face.  Thing can attack you from any angle, and if you have your weapon out you can't see anything.  Tried a few times of randomly firing in the dark and mashing circle to fight him off if he jumps before I finally got off a lucky shot.
Currently trying to kill 5 cougars with a bow and arrow. OK if you spot it early but I've been mauled twice already.

Incredible that you can fight off a bear attack but you're fucked if the cougar gets you.
ah dont think so..will check that out
Makes a big difference. I was having to find perfect bird carcasses and after I shot them they went from 3* to 2* but with the trinket they still came up Perfect.

Makes a big difference. I was having to find perfect bird carcasses and after I shot them they went from 3* to 2* but with the trinket they still came up Perfect.
Where do you find bears and cougars? I got mashed by a cougar early on then havent seen another, and have seen only 1 bear outside the legandary one

30 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
4 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Where do you find bears and cougars? I got mashed by a cougar early on then havent seen another, and have seen only 1 bear outside the legandary one

Brandywine drop in the far north east spawns both and near the owanija (or something like that) lake west of strawberry has them but not 100% if that bit opens up until the epilogue 

I don't do photoshop so apologies! But if you start at the top of that road and walk (or ride, but I prefer walking because if the horse throws you, which it usually does, then you're pretty much fucked) down then a Cougar usually appears at some point. I rarely walk down it without seeing one. But obviously you need a break after you do get one. I usually piss off and do something else then come back. Screenshot_20190222-181723.pngScreenshot_20190222-181848.png

Quite a way through this now, and loved it but genuinely never felt sad during a game before this,  I'll not go into it but you'll know when you get there! 
3* squirrels are my down fall wee w*nkers
As I've said earlier, have you got the trinket for improved kills? I can't fucking move for squirrels! Look at my previous post with the screenshots for cougars. The same area is heaving with squirrels.

I found a bear along a riverbank and shot it, unfortunately didn't kill it and for some reason stuck my gun away.... Managed to get a shotgun out and killed it in just time, ruined the pelt but at that point I was just happy to be alive [emoji23] Finding the fishing strangely enjoyable too

The poisoned arrows take care of cougars and bears pretty quickly.

If you get stuck on killing birds of prey with tommahawks, there is always an eagle that spawns on the massive railway bridge between Riggs and Flatneck.