Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

Finished the main story last night.  Great stuff.  Arthur is such a more richly textured and well written character than Marston was in the first game, and there are some unforgettable relationships that I wish we saw more of.  The gameplay in R* games hasn't evolved all that much over the years, but the writing has and it's an incredible world to immerse yourself into.

On to the epilogue, which I guess will probably take me another fortnight or so to finish.

Edited by bunglebonce

I've not played in weeks.

I know what happens to Arthur, and I can't deal with that when it comes. Feels very Logan-y with him feeling very much like a world weary old cowboy who's just trying to get by the only way he knows how.

Only recently got onto the epilogue part of the game.

Quick question has anyone actually caught the legendary catch fish from the very last part of the Legendary fish mission or is it a joke like the internet suggests?

I know how that goes, I do get that kind of lull for a while after playing a game this epic eg Last of Us or Zelda Breath of the Wild.  I’ve learned to mix up the genres for a bit, eg I’ve got strategy and racing games on the back burner to go back to now.  

I restarted after getting, I think, 62% in.  Caved and bought a PS4Pro after becoming sure that this game would murder by base console through sheer noise and heat.  Thought it was the perfect opportunity to start and again and see what I've missed. 

f**k, is this game like butter on that.  

• 2 weeks later...

Halfway through (I assume almost finished) Chapter 5. Have decided to complete the compendium as I really don't want to finish this game and am going to give it a whack 100% it. I've only ever done that with Watch Dogs as I'm not usually into all that. I find the hunting frustratingly good though.

If anyone else is doing this, there are 8 animals unique to Chapter 5 location. And did anyone do it? If so, how long did it take you to find that b*****d Fer De Lance snake?!

See if for example in St Denis when Mary Linton contacts you again, and you chose not to help her when you meet up, what happens? I always help folk as I dont want to skip missions etc but would you go a different way or just lose some honour and move on?

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

See if for example in St Denis when Mary Linton contacts you again, and you chose not to help her when you meet up, what happens? I always help folk as I dont want to skip missions etc but would you go a different way or just lose some honour and move on?

Spoiler

You don't get your hole

Spoiler You don't get your hole

Didnt get it anyway... Unless it arrives later. But more generally what I was meaning was do you only ever miss out on the mission at hand in these scenarios or do they represent the game taking a different path for you eith different subsequent sub stories?

I say yes to everything because I want to make sure I have played as much of it as I can. Perhaps not a concern though.

Anyway lastnight I did the Aberdeen Pig Farm thing. Was disappointed. The wife flew for me with a knife and the guy started shooting so didnt get the chance to torture them. I even took the body back to their farm from the hole they dumped me in. In hindsight thet should both have been hogtied and papped in that grave.

So I only got this last week and I'm at a point where the only mission I have available is with Javier (?) in Blackwater to rescue Sean (chapter 2) but that's obviously where I'm still wanted... Is that where I have to go? I think I spend most of my time hunting animals