Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

Yes and no.
You need to go back there to do some stuff for 100% completion but you can leave that til after the main story is complete, there's nothing game-changing.
Although I think the panoramic map might be around there, which is one of the few unsolved (I think) things in the entire game, probably just something Rockstar put in to f**k people up who want an answer for everything.
That just reminded me, I found two frozen corpses on top of a mountian and retrieved from them a map of visial co ordinates. Wtf is that?

All these maps and I have no fucking idea what to do with them. Although I have nailed the serial killer.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

That just reminded me, I found two frozen corpses on top of a mountian and retrieved from them a map of visial co ordinates. Wtf is that?

All these maps and I have no fucking idea what to do with them. Although I have nailed the serial killer.

that would be the panoramic map I mentioned.

Some folk think it relates to co-ordinates where you can generate a UFO sighting but people are having varying results. The treasure maps are a pain in the tits, I just had to youtube them to find out where they were even if I spotted the big landmark.

Anyone else doing the Exotics side mission? Quite enjoying it. I'm convinced the game knows when you are looking for a specific species and makes sure there are less around for a while.
I have picked up a few of these recently but dont know if I will ever pursue them. The fish guy, the dinosaur bone wife and the carvings guy all want me to handle their shit. Aside from the fish though, I dont think I can be arsed.

See while on the subject... Do you always skin legendary animals or do you ever take the carcas?

I have picked up a few of these recently but dont know if I will ever pursue them. The fish guy, the dinosaur bone wife and the carvings guy all want me to handle their shit. Aside from the fish though, I dont think I can be arsed.

See while on the subject... Do you always skin legendary animals or do you ever take the carcas?
I skinned all the ones I got. It will take everything of value so you can get the trinkets from the fence.

I went after the Legendary Moose last night after ending up on his territory.  Spotted him and readied the rifle, took 4 shots to bring him down.  Unfortunately in the meantime he'd wandered into deep water.  When he finally went down he was too deep to skin or move, so just had to watch him float away.

I went after the Legendary Moose last night after ending up on his territory.  Spotted him and readied the rifle, took 4 shots to bring him down.  Unfortunately in the meantime he'd wandered into deep water.  When he finally went down he was too deep to skin or move, so just had to watch him float away.
Couldnt you nudge him back to shore while swimming?

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
15 minutes ago, forameus said:

Couldnt you nudge him back to shore while swimming?

Tried that.  Also tried bringing Big Bojack out to do the same, but he just kind of spun around a wee bit.  Just had to stand on the railway bridge and watch him slooooooooowly drift downstream.  Cheerio ya big white fucker.

On 22/01/2019 at 09:29, forameus said:

Tried that.  Also tried bringing Big Bojack out to do the same, but he just kind of spun around a wee bit.  Just had to stand on the railway bridge and watch him slooooooooowly drift downstream.  Cheerio ya big white fucker.

Shame you couldn't lasso it.

Done a mission where you kill folk and have to take a photo of their face afterwards. Last guy I shot faceplanted the ground, didnt get an option to pick him up, great fun getting that photo.

Edited by RandomGuy.

Anyone else doing the Exotics side mission? Quite enjoying it. I'm convinced the game knows when you are looking for a specific species and makes sure there are less around for a while.
Yip, completely convinced this is the case! Took me ages to find all the Egrets. All the while I was constantly finding Spoonbills. I'm now looking for Spoonbills and can't move for fecking Egrets!

Approaching the end of Ch 3, which I'm assuming is going to end up in a bit of harsh exchange of words between the Grays and the Braithwaites. My only real complaint so far is when you're away from camp for a while, hunting game or bounty hunting or just hanging out fishing or whatever, and you come home to the camp for a bit of stew and a kip and EVERY c**t wants to moan at you about something. Surely pounding the triangle button should be enough to get them to STFU. What a needy bunch of outlaws.

Currently immersed in this after playing it for the last few weeks. Unbelievable level of depth and interactivity in this game and I am always amazed at how little I've actually done despite playing it so often! Just started Chapter 4 and plan to go back to all the challenges etc later on. I've missed out a fir bit of crafting and cooking in favour of the easier options but again I might go back to that later. 

For me it has been the perfect tonic for the clusterfuck that is Fallout 76.

Approaching the end of Ch 3, which I'm assuming is going to end up in a bit of harsh exchange of words between the Grays and the Braithwaites. My only real complaint so far is when you're away from camp for a while, hunting game or bounty hunting or just hanging out fishing or whatever, and you come home to the camp for a bit of stew and a kip and EVERY c**t wants to moan at you about something. Surely pounding the triangle button should be enough to get them to STFU. What a needy bunch of outlaws.
Can't say I've experienced this. Are all 3 icons yellow? Provisions/food/medicine.

And have you fully upgraded everything/most things around camp?

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Can't say I've experienced this. Are all 3 icons yellow? Provisions/food/medicine.

And have you fully upgraded everything/most things around camp?

The only thing that's consistently yellow is food and I've upgraded very little. But if I'm away for more than a day or two, everyone seems to have something to say to me when I get back and not all of them open up new mission threads. I mean, it's nice to me missed and all that, but seriously, gimme a break.

The only thing that's consistently yellow is food and I've upgraded very little. But if I'm away for more than a day or two, everyone seems to have something to say to me when I get back and not all of them open up new mission threads. I mean, it's nice to me missed and all that, but seriously, gimme a break.
That could be your problem (/why I've never experienced it). If you upgrade in the ledger, specifically the bits that improve provisions and medicine then it will probably stop. Once you've done that it's just a case of topping up whenever you're back in camp. My medicine and provisions are rarely white and have never been red but my food is quite often white when I go back. So if you're saying your food is normally yellow it gives you an idea of how easy it is to maintain the other two.

On 25/01/2019 at 09:00, Myko said:

SPOILER Just visited...

Hide contents

SPOILER Arthur's grave for the first time. 

:bairn

Spoiler

SPOILER He's not dead. HE'S NOT. He shacked up with Charlotte at Willard's Rest. Yes he is. You're crying.....

Edited by Swarley

10 hours ago, Swarley said:
  Reveal hidden contents

He's not dead. HE'S NOT. He shacked up with Charlotte at Willard's Rest. Yes he is. You're crying.....

Spoiler

Would be amazing. Leaves a massive loophole in the series though : No mention of him in original RDR but then  re-appears back from the dead in the sequel RDR3 !

I think we could forgive that.

But I imagine him and Hamish will be having a great time in heaven wild west hunting elk and giant jack-rabbits.