Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

Well I think I'm officially starting to lose it. I've been focussing on the Exotic side mission where you have to find egret plume and the one where the woman wants perfect bird carcass mailed to her. The latter is needing a Robin just now, as I said earlier in the thread, and I've still to get it. I've been at both for almost 4 hours I'd guess and it's all I've been doing the last 3 times I've played.

Today a bird was on the street quite close to me and I looked at it and genuinely thought in my mind "I reckon that's a Perfect one". On top of that I've been looking in the fields when I pass, wondering what kind of birds are there. I really hope I don't see a Robin at any point for fear I may lob a brick at it.

I used to think 'Videogame Violence' was bullshit. Starting to question it actually...

Well I think I'm officially starting to lose it. I've been focussing on the Exotic side mission where you have to find egret plume and the one where the woman wants perfect bird carcass mailed to her. The latter is needing a Robin just now, as I said earlier in the thread, and I've still to get it. I've been at both for almost 4 hours I'd guess and it's all I've been doing the last 3 times I've played.

Today a bird was on the street quite close to me and I looked at it and genuinely thought in my mind "I reckon that's a Perfect one". On top of that I've been looking in the fields when I pass, wondering what kind of birds are there. I really hope I don't see a Robin at any point for fear I may lob a brick at it.

I used to think 'Videogame Violence' was bullshit. Starting to question it actually...
Games get into your head. Of that there is no doubt. Whether its afecting your sleep, dreaming about them or more severe cases like yours where a person has irreversibly started to slide towards bwing a murderer.

Games get into your head. Of that there is no doubt. Whether its afecting your sleep, dreaming about them or more severe cases like yours where a person has irreversibly started to slide towards bwing a murderer.
It happened before. Vice City was the last one. The mission where you had a remote control helicopter and had to put bombs in a building before the timer went. I reckon it would have taken me 5/6 hours to finally do. It was a main mission as well so I couldn't bypass it. One night I was sleep walking, about to head out the door when my mum asked where I was going. I told her I needed to go find my helicopter. Mental.

I've not committed mass murder just yet and the only things at risk just now are birds, so I'm happy enough to keep playing.

It happened before. Vice City was the last one. The mission where you had a remote control helicopter and had to put bombs in a building before the timer went. I reckon it would have taken me 5/6 hours to finally do. It was a main mission as well so I couldn't bypass it. One night I was sleep walking, about to head out the door when my mum asked where I was going. I told her I needed to go find my helicopter. Mental.

I've not committed mass murder just yet and the only things at risk just now are birds, so I'm happy enough to keep playing.
This is the first game thats taken up residence in my head for a good number of years.

Last play I robbed the bank in Valentine and somehow got away with a 10 dollar bounty... I also went and got that train gold so at this moment I am fucking loaded.

Is there much going on up in the north at Albarino? I didnt hang about.

1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

Oh god that's giving me flashbacks to a fairly similar mission in San Andreas where you had to kill multiple couriers with a remote control plane/chopper. Thankfully it wasn't a main mission so I just never completed it.

Think I had already stopped playing the game for 6 months at that point because of one of the flying licence missions.

Rage inducing!

This is the first game thats taken up residence in my head for a good number of years.

Last play I robbed the bank in Valentine and somehow got away with a 10 dollar bounty... I also went and got that train gold so at this moment I am fucking loaded.

Is there much going on up in the north at Albarino? I didnt hang about.
There's always something going on :D I won't pretend I know where that is without looking at the map but I expect there will be some kind of legendary animal in the vicinity.

Oh god that's giving me flashbacks to a fairly similar mission in San Andreas where you had to kill multiple couriers with a remote control plane/chopper. Thankfully it wasn't a main mission so I just never completed it.
Think I had already stopped playing the game for 6 months at that point because of one of the flying licence missions.
Rage inducing!
I never completed San Andres because I got stuck. Flying Licence mission rings a bell so it may well have been one of those, but I was on a roof and had to shoot down numerous planes. Failed it repeatedly and when I eventually went back to the game the disc was scratched so kept failing. Probably why I've always preferred Vice City.

22 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I remember that well. Demolition Man, I think it was called. My nightmare was one from GTA III. It was a street race through Liberty City and it took me days to complete it and genuinely had nightmares about constantly being wiped out on the first corner. I also remember the final GTA III mission was impossible without cheat codes. Still haven't completed GTA V.

So far in RDR2, about 20% through the main story and quite impressed at how fresh the missions are, and how much fun I'm having. Breaking that boi out of jail in Strawberry was a riot and I managed to pick up a perfect cougar pelt on my way to the first treasure hunt, which was nice.

Realize this isn't a GTA thread, but thinking about previous missions made me remember getting GTA: SA the day it came out. I had the day off work so I could invest a good seven and a half hours of gameplay before the missus came home and wanted to watch proper telly. By the late afternoon, I'd discovered that there was a skyscraper you could enter and it took you to the roof where there was a parachute waiting for you. So I pick it up, I jump off, freefall for a bit then pull the cord and glide gently to the ground. Lovely stuff, I think. I'd like to do that again. So I spend a little while trying to find the skyscraper, eventually find it, go in, appear on the roof but there's no parachute this time. Oh, well. f**k it, I think to myself and just launch myself off the building anyway, dying in a splat on the pavement a few seconds later. It's then that I hear some laughter from outside and when I look to my living room window, there are two wee boys standing there who've been watching me play for god knows how long. They made the universal gesture of 'w****r' at me, called me a stupid b*****d, laughed some more, then went about the rest of their day. That's Alloa for you.

I'm at the stage where it's not really holding my attention any more.  The side missions/achievements are a chore and hold no real reward for completion, (an alligator head above my house??) and apart from a few good missions the story mode is fairly dull.
The graphics are great though.

To sum up - Red Dead Redemption 1 >> Red Dead Redemption 2.

I think the story has its moments, there are some really well done bits, but it falls down at times.  Granted, it's still a great story, but with such polish elsewhere in the game it really sticks out at times.  Bear in mind though I've not really gotten close to the end yet, so I could upgrade it to OMGTHATISTHEBESTSTORYEVERHNNNNNNGH or the like.

20 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

This game is far better than the first. It's not even up for debate!

Cerberus has spent the past year trying to troll every thread going, fwiw.

Bought this when i was on paternity leave late October. Just completed the main story ! Beautiful game that you really have to take your time with and digest. 

The Guarma bit was a bit rushed and wasnt necessary imo but it did break the main story in half i suppose which was needed for a game so lengthy and deep.

The writing was top notch and fringe characters like Hosea, Charles and Sadie really helped develop the story naturally. Leaving Colter and arriving in Horseshoe Overlook and Valentine for the first time at the start of the game was a wonderful piece of in-game cinema.

Obviously being a prequel it leaves a few plotholes with the original RDR but what a joy it has been investing many many hours over the two games.

On to the epilogue now and to catch the remaining legendary fish and animals....

Edited by Myko

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Think I read something about this earlier.... Is it worth goin back to find the very first camp?

Yes and no.

You need to go back there to do some stuff for 100% completion but you can leave that til after the main story is complete, there's nothing game-changing.

Although I think the panoramic map might be around there, which is one of the few unsolved (I think) things in the entire game, probably just something Rockstar put in to f**k people up who want an answer for everything.