Red Dead Redemption

Johnstoun

It must have taken me well over an hour (combined) to get a perfect Raccoon pelt but I finally got it. And it was of course when I was hunting for it. Not only that, but it was raining and it was early evening - two things that apparently reduce the chances of them coming out.

I was chasing a boar and saw something small so thought I'd chance my arm and shoot it, hoping it would be a perfect raccoon. There was something else alongside it so shot that as well. As I was going pretty quickly on the horse I wasn't sure what they were before skinning them. Given how close they were I assumed they were rabbits.

Naw.

Not sure if I'm delighted or fizzing [emoji38]IMG_20190106_001910142.jpg

Ken what gets me seething, being killed on a white dot mission since you can never get the fucker back. Got stopped by a guy who told me his wife was taken. Went to a cabin south of St Denis where two guys had her. Strolled in and promptly got fucking plunged in the gut. Deid.

Went back there and found and freed a prisoner from shackles whobtold me there was cash hidden in rocks SW of Rhodes in view of the water tower. Now I cant find the fucking cash ......

Its never ending[emoji23] [emoji23]

On the plus side I finally came across a KKK meeting. Bever killed them all but petrol bombed and shot a good few

5 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Ken what gets me seething, being killed on a white dot mission since you can never get the fucker back. Got stopped by a guy who told me his wife was taken. Went to a cabin south of St Denis where two guys had her. Strolled in and promptly got fucking plunged in the gut. Deid.

I met a guy lost outside Strawberry, asked me to take him there as he was planning on investing in something.

Horse and cart come along behind me, I move, he doesn't, he gets hit by them and runs away.

Convinced the storyline was to become a partner and make a fortune or something. Raging.

I’m doing the mission where you go and hunt a massive bear and get instructed to kill a rabbit before dinner, when the guys says to set up camp it won’t let me do it anywhere, has anyone had this problem?

I’m doing the mission where you go and hunt a massive bear and get instructed to kill a rabbit before dinner, when the guys says to set up camp it won’t let me do it anywhere, has anyone had this problem?

Go a bit more inland of the track/road and it should work.

Played a bit more last night, and have totally committed to being a p***k, my honour is pretty much at 0 already and I am 27% in. 

I am off on Friday (she does not know so I am not given jobs to do), so hoping to play it for most of the day and get to Chapter 4. 

I must admit I am a bit shit at making money. I still have a 300 dollar bounty in Strawberry (New Elizabeth I think?) That I want to pay off so I can properly rake about there but loathe to spunk what would be almost half my wedge.

What do folk do to earn coin? I have started robbing houses more but its 10 or 20 notes here and there. The sheer volume of Lemoyne Raiders you have to kill in chapter 3 helps but could do with some easier ways to get a decent lift.

Played a bit more last night, and have totally committed to being a p***k, my honour is pretty much at 0 already and I am 27% in. 
I am off on Friday (she does not know so I am not given jobs to do), so hoping to play it for most of the day and get to Chapter 4. 
Don't rush the main missions. Do the white ones and explore.

Once I complete the main story in open world games I tend to be done with it so the main missions are way down the pecking order for me.

I must admit I am a bit shit at making money. I still have a 300 dollar bounty in Strawberry (New Elizabeth I think?) That I want to pay off so I can properly rake about there but loathe to spunk what would be almost half my wedge.

What do folk do to earn coin? I have started robbing houses more but its 10 or 20 notes here and there. The sheer volume of Lemoyne Raiders you have to kill in chapter 3 helps but could do with some easier ways to get a decent lift.
Aye treasure hunting. Gold bars get you $500. There's also a couple of bars in the game that are just hidden there with no effort required to get them. Well, the one near the bridge can be a pain to get to but that's all.

Google is your best bet for the locations.

Aye treasure hunting. Gold bars get you $500. There's also a couple of bars in the game that are just hidden there with no effort required to get them. Well, the one near the bridge can be a pain to get to but that's all.

Google is your best bet for the locations.
I have one or two treasure maps but fucked if I can make head nor tail. Have been trying to avoid googling (admittedly I did google the location of the White Arabian and subsequently claimed her lastnight)

I have one or two treasure maps but fucked if I can make head nor tail. Have been trying to avoid googling (admittedly I did google the location of the White Arabian and subsequently claimed her lastnight)
I have the guide book so used that. No danger I'd be able to figure out where everything is from the map. Even with the guide book I had to use Google for the final bit because it was even difficult to find using the guide.

I have the guide book so used that. No danger I'd be able to figure out where everything is from the map. Even with the guide book I had to use Google for the final bit because it was even difficult to find using the guide.
Some fucking gemme but

I sold off jewellery that i had looted off a whole host of folk at the start of the game.

Robbing trains, stage coaches ect. Hunting animals, selling meat and fur. It all adds up.

I bit the bullet and paid off the $300 bounty at Strawberry. It skint me but it saves a lot of hassle.
I am going to I think. Went over there for a loan shark mission, found the guy then it locked up and couldnt do it because of my bounty. Seething. I will pick up the eaay gold bars and pay it off.

I just live with bounties, tbh, great way to get ammo when the hunters come for you. I've had a few instances where I've just fluked looking at the map as they've come close to me, so been able to ambush them.

I just live with bounties, tbh, great way to get ammo when the hunters come for you. I've had a few instances where I've just fluked looking at the map as they've come close to me, so been able to ambush them.
Problem is eventually you will have to pay it and it will be fucking massive. Lastnight I had my first frustrating instance of having to bail from a fishing spot because I killed 3 folk who tried to rob me... Then some c**t went to Lee Wallace me so I beat him, then another.... and another... Ran away as the body count became unmanageable.

I must admit I didnt love the game to start with but I do now. Its fucking great and feels like a world thats totally alive.